2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

C&L Street Intake Bracket Question

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/07 | 10:23 AM

C&L Street Intake Bracket Question

I know the bracket is supposed to bolt up the motor by way of the valve cover bolt. I bought my intake used. It has the bracket, but I was thinking it should have come with a longer bolt to replace the OEM bolt on the valve cover. The bracket thickness shortens the depth of the OEM bolt.

Can anyone comment on this? I'm going to install it as soon as Brenspeed sends me my tunes.
Old 10/24/07 | 11:23 AM
GT Member

I don't think that the C&L is supposed to come with a new bolt. At least mine didn't and I bought new. I just re used the OEM bolt. I cut a section out of the C&L bracket and "forked" it so that it would slip under the valve cover bolt head if I backed it out a little. The bracket thickness is only about 1 or 2 mm so I really don't think it makes a difference to the effectiveness of that bolt as long as you re torque it down right.
Old 10/24/07 | 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sook
I don't think that the C&L is supposed to come with a new bolt. At least mine didn't and I bought new. I just re used the OEM bolt. I cut a section out of the C&L bracket and "forked" it so that it would slip under the valve cover bolt head if I backed it out a little. The bracket thickness is only about 1 or 2 mm so I really don't think it makes a difference to the effectiveness of that bolt as long as you re torque it down right.

That's a good idea about trimming the bracket to slide it under the bolt. I can easily snip it and file down the rough edges.

Any idea what the torque should be on that bolt?