2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

C & L Performance

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/08, 11:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C & L Performance

I recently received a C & L Performance Racer intake for my '06 G.T. Pretty nice looking setup that I plan on using with the Diablo tuner and the C & L canned racer tune I have. However, the buying experience itself was less than optimal. A friend of mine works for a local trans convertor company and was quoted a wholesale price on the part. When he actually ordered the part, he was told that it would have to be at straight retail unless he was willing to buy in at ten of the kits. I realize that if he had quoted the wrong part number, it would make a difference. But if you make somebody a price, you need to stick by it. I work as a parts man for a Ford dealer, and if I tell someone a number, I stick by my word. He would have made money regardless and would have been better off just selling it for what he stated and learning from his mistake. The part was paid for on my personal credit card, so payment was not an issue. Just crappy business practice if you ask me, and I'm just putting the word for others to be wary of this from any company you deal with. Just another unhappy customer.