2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

BON Reports a California Special is Next

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Zc527@June 15, 2005, 12:52 PM
can't wait for that!....+ it will probably be more affordable than the new cobra
It had better freaking be!
Old 6/15/05, 11:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It'll be a coupe and vert
I have this .....feeling.....
Old 6/15/05, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think of this? If its going to be a California Special, then lets get some California style mods on it. California has always been considered the home of hot rod culture, so lets see a nice bump in HP (25-40 would be good), some nice 18" wheels and fat tires on the back, lowered suspension (not lowrider suspension), custom paint, and other custom touches that will give the car that "California custom" look and feel to it. I hope its not going to be just a stripe package and a few more HP.
Old 6/15/05, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Flyinlow@June 15, 2005, 1:33 PM
What do you think of this? If its going to be a California Special, then lets get some California style mods on it. California has always been considered the home of hot rod culture, so lets see a nice bump in HP (25-40 would be good), some nice 18" wheels and fat tires on the back, lowered suspension (not lowrider suspension), custom paint, and other custom touches that will give the car that "California custom" look and feel to it. I hope its not going to be just a stripe package and a few more HP.

pff they need a Florida Special because Florida owns much more than California
Old 6/15/05, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

This car is still in mystery stages. I can see a ductail spoiler or maybe the GT500s spoiler, I'd be amazed if they did anything special for the tailights. But, even though they didnt make them for the GT500, they have more time now and an obvious demand to justify some sort of special tail light treatment. I think at the least we should see a FORD side scoop, which I wanted from day one on my 05, and plan on adding eventually.

And yeah!! AFFORDABLE special addition, got to love that!! My 05 is the epitome of adffordable daily driver, both to buy and drive daily, 300hp, combinded driving mpg 18 on regular gas, you cant touch that with anything else. So give us some limited edition SE with some goodies, little more ponies, NA, it just keeps getting better every day for a Mustang fan!!!
Old 6/15/05, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just hope there is some significant performance upgrades (hp increase, better suspension, and exhaust) over the base GT, rather than just a stipe package. Just my $.02.
Old 6/15/05, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Perhaps this S/E will LOOK like the GT500 (spoiler, hood, lights, stripes) but w/o the hardware. You know, like a cosmetic only, poor mans GT500
Old 6/15/05, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

They should add a sunroof to the car, that would make it special and would help poor Brad with his claustraphobia!
Old 6/15/05, 12:25 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@June 15, 2005, 10:45 AM
I'll puke if the California Special is another coupe-only special edition. It's CALIFORNIA people! Land of the sun! No one dreams of cruising the California Coast in a claustraphobic COUPE!
sorry to burst your bubble but most of the cars on the road out here are not convertibles and those people that do have one you hardly ever see driving with the top down, I know wierd huh. When I had a vert I drove around all the time with the top down, not just because I like the feel, but because I think that convertibles were designed to look better with the tops down, but with the new stang and this is just my oppinion, I dont like the looks of the vert. but we do have several in my town already that I see often and I have yet to see anyone driving with the top down even on a sunny day. I guess they wait until theyre at the beach to sit in the sun.
Old 6/15/05, 12:34 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

oh and my girlfriend brought something up too (she said when she had hers she was always too cold to drive with the top down)....most verts you see around here are driven by women (kind of explains the wierdness of owning one and always driving with the top up) because of just this strange phenomenon that happens with women, their thermostats are all screwed up and they are always cold even when you are dying from a heat stroke, I will never understand why a woman will drive around with the top down or windows down and the heater on.....whats up with that? one or the other, the purpose of the tops or windows going down was to get the cool air blowing on you not to feel the bugs splatter on your face, so whats with the heater, it drives me nuts, because the heater is always full blast and you sit there sweating with the top down.
Old 6/15/05, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rrobello@June 15, 2005, 12:37 PM
oh and my girlfriend brought something up too (she said when she had hers she was always too cold to drive with the top down)....most verts you see around here are driven by women (kind of explains the wierdness of owning one and always driving with the top up) because of just this strange phenomenon that happens with women, their thermostats are all screwed up and they are always cold even when you are dying from a heat stroke, I will never understand why a woman will drive around with the top down or windows down and the heater on.....whats up with that? one or the other, the purpose of the tops or windows going down was to get the cool air blowing on you not to feel the bugs splatter on your face, so whats with the heater, it drives me nuts, because the heater is always full blast and you sit there sweating with the top down.

Glad my wife is the opposite(not cold natured) and wants a vert' next. I just want a new "SE", vert or not.
Old 6/15/05, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I have been considering trading in my '05 GT vert when a special edition comes out, so long as they had a convertible variant. I was hoping a GT 350 vert, but I can't see myself buying a CS. I guess I will hold on to Scarlett for more than a couple of years. Oh bother.
Old 6/15/05, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

It will be the PONY package (hopefully with smaller honeycomb) with v8 and side stripes, without more HP.

They are saving the Mach 1 and the Boss for when they need a moment.
Old 6/15/05, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Guess if the C/S is the next special Edition, other SE's are downt the raod - like 3 years (?)
Old 6/15/05, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully they go for the "top-down-and-feelin'-groovy" style.
Old 6/15/05, 01:35 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd guess that it would have 18s, regular spoiler, hoodscoop, sidescoops and maybe a slightly different lower grill.
The same way the V6 Pony package makes the V6 more aggressive looking, I'm sure the CS will make the GT more aggressive looking.
Old 6/15/05, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why can't they just give us a Mach 1, with Mach 1 speed?
Old 6/15/05, 02:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I hope ot doesnt have square fogs lamps
Old 6/15/05, 02:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MustangFanatic@June 15, 2005, 12:03 PM
Definitely not the most marketing savy choice, while everyone here is aware of the CS heritage, the casual Mustang buyer is likely unaware of the historical connection and might be puzzled as to it's origin. Boss or Mach would have been a better choice with wider appeal.
On the other hand, I know what car the girl on the O.C. will be driving next season!
Old 6/15/05, 03:39 PM
GT Member

so this sounds awesome! cant wait to see it........anybody have any photoshops of what they think it'll look like?

Quick Reply: BON Reports a California Special is Next