2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black roof gutters

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what you call the two black gutters on either side of the '05 roof, but how do you keep them looking new?

I've seen other posts that said not to get wax on them, because they're rubber. But they're not all rubber - it looks like a strip of rubber weatherstrip on either side, but the middle piece looks like gloss black painted metal. Clearcoated black?

I imagine these things might fade from the sun so some sort of protection should be used to help slow that process as much as possible, but what kind of protection? Anyone have ideas?
Old 4/25/05, 09:25 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can best protect them by not driving through the monkey area of the Six Flags New Jersey drive through Safari!

I know some of you here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I know at least one of you is having a seizure reading this.

Those little bastards jump right on your car and remove anything that isn't welded or screwed in to it. You need an anti-monkey Trunk Monkey.
Old 4/25/05, 11:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by dustindu4@April 25, 2005, 9:28 PM
You can best protect them by not driving through the monkey area of the Six Flags New Jersey drive through Safari!

I know some of you here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I know at least one of you is having a seizure reading this.

Those little bastards jump right on your car and remove anything that isn't welded or screwed in to it. You need an anti-monkey Trunk Monkey.

HA HA, that place is great. When I was younger I went there with my family in the old wagon and my parents forgo to close the back window and soon enough, there were 2 monkeys in the back and me and my brother were screaming. fun times.
Old 4/26/05, 06:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Go to your local auto parts store and ask for some Mother's Back to Black.

You won't regret it.
Old 4/26/05, 06:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by yur1279+April 26, 2005, 1:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yur1279 @ April 26, 2005, 1:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4@April 25, 2005, 9:28 PM

HA HA, that place is great. When I was younger I went there with my family in the old wagon and my parents forgo to close the back window and soon enough, there were 2 monkeys in the back and me and my brother were screaming. fun times.
[/b][/quote]

And there are your poor parents with a lie changing decision..."Do we keep the monkey and leave the kids, and if so would the zookeeper notice and sue us??!"
Old 4/26/05, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Being I do stuntwork there, I know exactly what you're talking about. Believe it or not, since mid-season in 2003, you cannot enter the monkey area anymore anyway. There were too many lawsuits. Now you just drive by the monkey area with a big double barred electrified fence between you and the monkeys.

So the Safari is safe... too bad the park itself is about as dangerous as the slums of Newark. I was almost killed in a riot on Halloween there last year. Police from 17 districts came, two cop helicopters. Police in riot gear shut down the whole park. There was a shooting in parking lot that night as well as another violent incident at the McDonald's on Rt. 537 where many Six Flags "patrons" go to grab a bite to eat before heading back to NY.

If I were you guys, I'd be much more worried about my car being defaced/stolen in the parking lot than being damaged in the Safari, lol.

That place has become a hellhole. I would suggest anyone with a family go to another park, unless you want to get into a fist fight with some crapbag from NY who spit on your 4 year old kid (happened at Fright Fest last year) waiting in a que line.

But Six Flag's massive deteroration aside, I had quite a few fun memories from going through the Safari when I was a young child, back when Warner Brother's owned the chain.
Old 4/26/05, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@April 25, 2005, 10:28 PM

just the advice I was looking for! I will avoid that place like the plague, you can bet on it... B)

for extra insurance, I'll apply the Mother's Back to Black as snkbtn99 suggested.