2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bestest Thing Ever

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/15 | 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bestest Thing Ever

Didn't get a power-adder. No interior upgrades or anything like that.

I found out that one of my little nephews has a thing for Mustangs. He's about 4 years old. His mom told me he spots them on the road, and informs them (in great detail) about every Mustang he sees.

So we strapped a kid seat in the back, and took him for a trip with the top down, along with mom. We also stopped at a 7-Eleven, so he could get his first Slurpee.

He was completely sucked in by the convertible experience. He liked the wild cherry Slurpee too.

Every night at bedtime mom and dad ask him what his happiest thing, saddest thing and best thing of the day was. After his first Mustang ride, mom asked him what he thought.

He replied, "This is my bestest thing ever!"

It won't add a single horsepower to my nearly 10-year-old pony. But I will enjoy her even more remembering today.

Happy Independence Day all!
Old 7/3/15 | 06:29 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

That is a very nice story. Very cool, I llike to see them excited about cars at a young age. You made a huge impression. Always nice to start'em young. He will remember that ride for a very long time. And so will you...

Talking about youngunds and Mustangs, I have my 2 year old grand son hooked as well. Everytime he see one he yells out "There's a pony car". Very good at getting it right, even with the older body styles. Must be spying that pony emblem on the car. He has been told that Papa's pony is too loud, but he answers "No, Papa's pony is awesome". He is good at going around and making sure that everyone who will listen knows, "Papa's Pony car is Awesome!". This has been going on since first broke it out and fired it up for Spring this year. He loves to go sit in it and pretend to drive. He also loves to get Hot wheels and Matchbox cars that are Mustangs. The other makes he likes, but with Mustangs he will pack them around everywhere. Usually very good about sharing with other kids, but not when it a Mustang toy.

Life is great, isn't it! Loving it here.

Hope you all have a very Happy Fourth!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 7/3/15 at 06:32 PM.
Old 7/18/15 | 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like that story .....
Old 7/25/15 | 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!
Old 7/27/15 | 10:44 AM
legacy Tms Member

Mustangs are made of memories.....thanks for the share!
Old 7/28/15 | 02:58 PM
GT Member

When I first got my 06. I stoped at a 7-11 on my way to work an as I was getting out, a guy in a camaro pulld up beside me and had his son in the car. He must of been 6 or 7. He looked at my car and said " Look dad that is the new Mustang can we get one." Made my day.
Old 7/29/15 | 07:39 PM
GT Member

I took my 9-year old grandson for a ride in the GT a few days ago -- his first ride in a Mustang or a convertible. All he did the whole time was complain. Its too hot. Its too noisy. Too much wind. So much for Grandpa having a cool car.
Old 7/30/15 | 03:26 AM
V6 Member

Awesome story! You know you can't ever even consider getting rid of that car now, haha.

I myself have 6 nieces and nephews, each of which I rarely refer to by name, having long since found perfect nicknames for each (multiples, in a few cases). Of the nephews, one is almost 19 ("Bubba") and has a thing for classic MOPARs and different generations of the Corvette. Other than that, not much of a car fan. Tends to not really care for Mustangs, but he still grins when he rides in mine (he's just been poisoned by the bad eggs on his dad's side of the family.)

The other nephew ("Brobeans") is only 2, and loves everything that has 2+ wheels and makes noise. Cars is his favorite movie\toy franchise. So doesn't take much to impress him.

The nieces are 4, 7, 12 and soon to be 21.

The 21 year old ("Bee") loves trucks, jeeps, and frankly whatever she can afford to get her from A-to-B, which presently is a fairly nice 2012 Ford Focus (college kid, after all.) She has only a mild appreciation for performance-minded cars, leaning more towards the lifted truck crowd for her auto passion (one I also share).

The 12 year old ("Princess") is also a Corvette nut, but also has a strong passion for Mustangs, and has since she was very little (her one aunt had a 2005 GT when she was only 2, and she and her mom lived with that aunt at the time.) When going on family outings, she always begs me to drive so she can ride shotgun, even if it's obviously easier for everyone to crowd into one of the larger vehicles. I certainly can't ever tell her no, though, that's for sure. There's a reason I've nicknamed her "Princess." She always gets her way where I'm concerned. That said, she's already informed me that when she gets her license in 5 more years, she's getting my Mustang as her first car and that I WILL be teaching her how to drive a manual. I'll teach her for sure, but I don't think I can give up my car, even to her. (Hint: I probably will, if it comes to it, lol. I'm so weak.)

The 7 year old niece ("Mix") is another truck girl, but more utilitarian. If it can get her and her dad out to the fishing holes and hunting spots, she's happy as can be. She does love watching sprint cars and dirt modified racing though.

The 4 year old ("Cheeks") is the one that's turning out to be the real car nut, and the Mustang fan girl. She always wants to see my car's motor. And yes, she says motor, lol. She's also fascinated by the Pony emblems, which is unsurprising considering her fascination with all things ponies. I just need to teach her that my car is called a "Mustang" because she keeps telling everyone that "Uncle Skunk" rides a pony (at 2 she couldn't pronounce Scott, kept coming out Skunk, and it stuck. Go me.)
Old 7/30/15 | 04:19 PM

My 7 year old and 2 year old love it. Life is all about the few short special moments that they will never forget.
Attached Thumbnails Bestest Thing Ever-image.jpg