2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bent Hood

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/05, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:bang: So I take my car in for an oil change this past Wednesday. Today I'm outside about to wash my car when I notice my hood is offline. Look closer and it's sticking up on the left side.

I can't tell where it's bent but looks like it is bent away from the bracket near the windshield. I had an oil shop do this to my last car as well by slamming the hood shut with a drop cloth still on the fender. I think my Ford Dealer did the same thing. Anway here's some pics. :bang: :bang: :angry:

[attachmentid=40488]

[attachmentid=40490]
Old 12/10/05, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's a pic of the bracket on the bad side.

[attachmentid=40491]

Here's the other side, good bracket

[attachmentid=40492]

Notice the difference in widths between the two. :bang:

Can't see anything else except for a slight bend in the sheet metal near the hood open/shut sensor that's looks as though it may suppose to be there.
Old 12/10/05, 04:32 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.......... If you can't trust your ford dealership, who can you trust..............
Old 12/10/05, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Spider@December 10, 2005, 3:35 PM
If you can't trust your ford dealership, who can you trust..............
Lawyers? Politicians? Car Salesmen?
Old 12/10/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

That vacumns pork! Good luck getting them to admit to it and then getting it fixed right.
Old 12/10/05, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

i would go back and talk to the service manager......it sux that you did not notice this before you left the dealer...it`s going to be tuff to prove they did it...................they might say someone backed up into you blah blah blah..........i had a light scuff on my door after when i had the gas tsb done...the first thing i did was show the service manager.....i did not blame them i just told them that it was not there when i left the car there....it could have been someone looking at the car...and his response was if someone did that to a car there and did not say something they wouldf be fired...but my thought was it was the plastic pouch that they hung from the mirror with the paper work...good luck and hope it is resolved quickly.........
Old 12/10/05, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Well not much they can say, there's no other plausible reason.

There are no scuff marks of any kind anywhere and there would be no reason for me to have the hood open since having the oil changed 3 days ago. I don't even see how something like this could happen besides closing the hood on something.

They seem pretty good about taking care of their customers
so I'm not too worried but we'll see.
Old 12/10/05, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck.
Old 12/10/05, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry Best of luck getting it fixed, keep us posted.
Old 12/10/05, 07:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Make em buy you a nice ram air hood! J/k thats pushing it. But good luck, I hope they dont hassel you.
Old 12/10/05, 08:38 PM
GTR Member

Reminds me of the crap service dept that I went to.
1.backed into left rear quarter panel
2.ruined black plastic molding that runs on top of door(exterior)
3.scratched clear coat when they took this moldin off
4.chipped paint by opening door into something
5.left sanding scratches under clearcoat where they repaired quarter
I will never go to this ford dealership again.i'm frightened
Old 12/11/05, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by slammer223@December 10, 2005, 5:55 PM
That vacumns pork! Good luck getting them to admit to it and then getting it fixed right.
Vacumns pork! Please tell me that the language filter did that and that's not something you came up with. Sorry, know its's but I had to ask.
Old 12/11/05, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boltzman@December 10, 2005, 10:41 PM
Reminds me of the crap service dept that I went to.
1.backed into left rear quarter panel
2.ruined black plastic molding that runs on top of door(exterior)
3.scratched clear coat when they took this moldin off
4.chipped paint by opening door into something
5.left sanding scratches under clearcoat where they repaired quarter
I will never go to this ford dealership again.i'm frightened
Not to knock all service reps and I know some mistakes will happen, but come on, this type of crap is ridiculous.

I'm usually against going to Dealer to get stuff done. But they gave me my first 2 oil changes for free and only charge $25 bucks for an oil change after that. I can't change it myself for that cheap.

Anyway, that was the second oil change visit (free) so I'm going to have to reconsider doing the work myself for now on.
Old 12/11/05, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CANES fan@December 11, 2005, 9:38 AM
Vacumns pork! Please tell me that the language filter did that and that's not something you came up with. Sorry, know its's but I had to ask.
Neither, the language filter didn't come up with it, but neither did I...its a quote I learned from a buddy of mine.
Old 12/12/05, 02:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Almost immpossible to prove. My advice? Learn to change your own oil!! It will save you money and you'll KNOW it was done. Oil changes are crucial to engine life.

Quick story: A friend of mine marked his oil filter with a red marker. Then he brought his car in for an oil change at the local dealership. When he got the car home he jacked it up and checked the filter. The same filter with the red mark on it was still on his car. They never changed the filter (which means they might as well have never changed the oil).

Bottom line: Do your best to maintain your car on your OWN, so you know it's done. Oh, and SAVE all the receipts you get for purchasing oil, oil filters, and any other regular maintainence items you purchase. If something goes wrong with your warranty and they see you didn't bring the car in for "service" (lol), they'll ask to see receipts as proof of maintainence.
Old 12/12/05, 02:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by gt6974a@December 11, 2005, 6:46 PM
Not to knock all service reps and I know some mistakes will happen, but come on, this type of crap is ridiculous.

I'm usually against going to Dealer to get stuff done. But they gave me my first 2 oil changes for free and only charge $25 bucks for an oil change after that. I can't change it myself for that cheap.

Anyway, that was the second oil change visit (free) so I'm going to have to reconsider doing the work myself for now on.
Well, unless you're using synthetic oil, then it would still be cheaper to change your own oil. $4.00 for the filter and about $2.00 x 6 for the oil. That comes to $16.00.

Now, if you use synthetic oil, then yes, it costs more than $25.00. But dealers don't use synthetic oil at that price, either.

Besides, the peace of mind you get from KNOWING the job is done right alone is worth it!
Old 12/12/05, 04:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I here what your saying, I always changed the oil in my last car. But I got 2 free oil changes b/c of the purchase so I figured let them do it.
Old 12/12/05, 06:05 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Bring it back and make the hood worse.

Put the technician's head in there and drop the hood.
Old 12/12/05, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Called the dealership and talked with the service manager. He was kind of short, basically said that there was nothing that could of happened. So, I said I'll be down there in an hour to have them look it.

Arrived at the dealership and met him. Very friendly this time and he paged the shop manager. He was friendly as well. We go out to look at the hood and he's stumped. Says he needs to get someone and goes back inside. Comes back out with the service manager I just met with. He looks at it and seems kinda stumped.

Pulled my car in the bay and another guy comes out and looks at it. Ask me if I have time b/c the guy that has to look at it won't be back for another hour. I then ask 'How long is it going to take to fix this?' He says he doesn't know b/c he can't tell if it's a minor adjustment or major work.

So I say no, make an appointment, I gotta get back to work and can't blow an entire day just figuring out what the problem is. So by Wednesday hopefully I'll have some explanation.

Anyway, have an appointment for Wednesday so I guess I'll find out then.
Old 12/12/05, 10:28 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

I wouldn't expect anyone to own up to it, but if they fix it for you who cares

Quick Reply: Bent Hood