2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News From My Dealer (Blackwell Ford in MI)

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/05, 09:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone!

Forgive me whilst I vent a little frustration. I called the Evil Robot Lady and once again heard that I am clean and unscheduled. This of course did not sit well with me so I took the opportunity to call my dealership and asked to speak to the sales manager. He told me several things that reallllllly make me wonder. First, I am now 4th on the list (my salesman told me last week that I am 3rd). Second, he said that he will be lucky to get 1 GT a month and that I will MAYBE see mine in June or July. He also said that Ford is requiring that he buy a bunch of Freestars before he will get a GT. What a load of crap! In that same breath he said that I am on the bubble for getting an 05. I asked him that if I get forced into an 06 what sort of time frame am I looking at? He said September or October! GGGGGRRRRR!!!!! Now get this! According to him, Ford won't honor 05 pricing for those that get forced into an 06. At this point in the conversation I'm getting a little revved up. I said, "Why should I buy a car from you guys if I have to wait that long? I ordered in January thinking that I will have it buy May at the latest!" No answer from him. Anyway, I called a friend of mine (Bill) that happens to be an engineer for Ford SVT and he said he "would look into it". Before I hung up with Bill he recommended that I call Ricart Ford in OH. I did and the salesman I spoke to there was very helpful. He said that they get "quite a few" in every other week or so. Being as large as they are I guess they would. Anyway, he asked me what it is that I am looking for and he would call me if something matching what I wanted came in. It's a bit of a crap shoot I know but I want this car and I'm tired of getting jerked around by my dealer here in Plymouth. What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jon
Old 4/9/05, 09:22 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Screw em, go somewhere else.
Old 4/9/05, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@April 9, 2005, 8:25 PM
Screw em, go somewhere else.
You don't owe them anything, so I say get the car from whichever dealer will sell you one first.
Old 4/9/05, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

What are your thoughts?

Hey, Jon....I know some of your frustration...I had a similar experience with our local dealership, except they wouldn't accept the X-plan since "they would only make about $200 on the car and not $2000." That's what the general sales manager told me. I didn't give a fat rat's a** if they didn't make a nickel off my sale. That's MY money we're talking about. I'd already ordered the car and I cancelled it the next day. I went to a dealership that afternoon about 50 miles away in another state and bought my Stang, with the X-Plan. No hassles, no problems. I got the car for close to invoice. Couldn't have asked for a smoother sale. I know Brandon Ford in Tampa, Florida has about 20 GT's on their lot as of this AM. I know that's a long way for you, but I was considering it myself and it's about an 8-9 hr drive for me. Good luck to you....I would go look elsewhere.
I love my Stang!! I got an '05 white GT!
Old 4/10/05, 10:30 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

this is exactly why I gave up on my jan-3rd 05 order. June , july time frame if at all.
After 2months waiting my dealership was up front and told me I should try to get one off a lot and only cancel my order if I managed to find one.. In the end I lucked out and bought my gt as it rolled off the delivery truck.