2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Back.. With News and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/19, 06:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Back.. With News and Questions

its been a while since I took a break from here, bought everything for my Swap since 2018: Rearend, manual transmission, intake manifold, wiring harness, ecu, power steering pump, gaskets, etc. and finally tore down the motor last month, my deadline is to have all the money saved by May 30th then purchase every single part I need for the motor swap. I’m going with a lot of MMR parts on the build, was originally going to run stock rebuilt for a while to get a feel for a stock GT then next season go with a turbo and pull out the whole motor again to reinforce the internals but decided since it’s out, might as well do it now, I plan on running all Billet chain guides, tensioners, 18cc forged pistons and I Beam rods, most ARP bolts, forged 8 bolt crankshaft (already received about a week ago), going all mishimoto with my cooling setup, Billet Flywheel, stage 2 clutch kit exedy, 3.73 gears and list goes on, I have a few questions that I’m going back and forth on, I want to increase to rev limiter when the swap is ready up to 7500, now I know the stock valve train won’t handle up to that much and at most would be 6800, but would I be able to beef up all the valve train without a cam and still run up that much up the rev band, I plan on going to a big single turbo next summer and wanna have as much horsepower I can with a N/A till then since I never had a high powered car before so I wanna be put in something that moves without any extra push such as chemical power adders like nos, then see what it’ll feel later on, reason why I’m asking is because If I should get a comp stage II cams VSR, then I don’t want to see a waste in spending on a cam that’ll not be in that long, I want as much topend power but as well as don’t want all my work to be shot by a failed retainer or valve springs if I could run stock cam, however since a big turbo is in the picture soon, I know I’d have to get a cam specifically for boost that has a higher duration just for the exhaust lobes to help with spooling, and if I do get a high lift cam then would a 16cc piston be good or have some negative effects compared to a 5cc piston