2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Attention FORD Designers.....

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@June 1, 2005, 10:03 PM
There are two cupholders in the '05 mustang console.

If you look at the rear one (remove your beer first) you'll notice that it has a little tiny tab at the front. Pull up on it and you will remove this.....

Now you have about two more inches depth in your rear cup holder. So you can order a large drink, put it in the rear holder, and it won't bug you as much when you are speed shifting.

The passenger only gets one of those 6 oz. bottles though cause the front holder does not have this option.

Holy crap

I did not know that... thank you :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't think I would have ever figured that out! That was driving me nuts, I drink Propel water and it was just too high, always bumping into it.
Old 6/3/05, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

All of these are great ideas, but as several folks pointed out, they add cost. If Ford offered all these things, even as options, we would not have gotten our cars for $25k-$30k.

Personally, I kinda enjoy having a brand new 1960s muscle car with 21st century safety features and fuel economy!

And THANK YOU :worship: for revealing the secret cupholder bottom thingy!!!
Old 6/3/05, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

1. Mach1 package with decals, stripes and a shaker
2. orange paint
3. Black interior, not charcoal but black!
4. hips
5. Roll up windows
6. manual locks
7. 8-track player

I can live without the 8-track but I will die if I don't see a mach1 package soon!
Old 6/3/05, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Only 3 things that really bother me for the new Stang. In order of precedence.

Cup Holder. Just like some have said, if you have a manual, it can turn into a circus act to shift...

Locking gas door with internal release. Come on, I have a garage, so am lucky enough to not hafta worry about someone messing with my car MOST of the time, but this one is just a BAD oversight.

And finally (Also can't believe I'm the first to mention this after 5 pages) the shaker head unit display. Didn't those kind of LED displays go the way of the dinosaur? ESPECIALLY with MP3 capability where the file names and characters that can be displayed are long and have special characters alot of times. This one tends to annoy me the least and the most. Simply because I know how much I paid for the shaker display. Sounds great atleast.
Old 6/3/05, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BigDog@June 3, 2005, 5:25 PM
All of these are great ideas, but as several folks pointed out, they add cost. If Ford offered all these things, even as options, we would not have gotten our cars for $25k-$30k.

Personally, I kinda enjoy having a brand new 1960s muscle car with 21st century safety features and fuel economy!

And THANK YOU :worship: for revealing the secret cupholder bottom thingy!!!

Sure you could. Were talking options here. If someone does not want them, their price will remain as is. Those that want these extras are willing to pay for them. Like it was many moons ago.
Old 6/4/05, 04:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 2, 2005, 3:44 PM
What I think is missing that should be added (and has been mention before):
Interior Trunk Release
Interior Gas Door Release
Dead Pedal
I agree with the above. They would be cheap to add at the factory and I was expecting them at the GT Premium price level. I was also expecting hydraulic hood lifts, not a somewhat dangerous (IMO) and often in the way hood prop. My stripped-down $17K Dakota has lifts. So should a $29K Mustang.

Options I would have paid extra for:

Power passenger seat.

Leather (not vinyl) on the rear seats.

Telescopic steering wheel (and make the tilt feature tilt more than the "half-tilt" that it now does).

Additional interior lighting (under dash and on doors for safety when open and to light rear seat footwells when closed). The dark charcoal is VERY dark at night with just the two small maps lights up front.

Navigation/Satellite radio system. Just don't let the Shaker suppliers make it!
Old 6/4/05, 02:35 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 78Mach1@June 3, 2005, 4:56 PM
1. Mach1 package with decals, stripes and a shaker
2. orange paint
3. Black interior, not charcoal but black!
4. hips
5. Roll up windows
6. manual locks
7. 8-track player

I can live without the 8-track but I will die if I don't see a mach1 package soon!

Ditto on 1 and 4. Change 2 to Grabber Blue and add a 69-70 style hood.
Old 6/4/05, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

They should be able to tell you when you order the car that yes it will be built on ??/??/??. It is a sad joke not knowing when and if your car will be built.

Power passenger seat option.

The ability to put child seat in center of back seat. The child’s feet could go in-between the seats instead of through the seat back.

More interior lights.

Interior gas cover release.

Antenna in windshield, our 1970 Buick had this I wonder why they don’t do this any more?

Somehow have the carpet from the trunk be attached to the seats for a cleaner look when the seats and folded down, now it just flops around.

Made in USA auto transmission, then again why stop there have the Mustang 100% made in USA.

Bigger gas tank, 25 gallons would be nice, although I don’t know how they would do that. With only a 16 gallon tank the Mustang will pass anything but a gas station.

Summer tires instead of all seasons, this car needs snow tires in winter, all seasons makes no sense on a RWD car. ( I want the best of both not mediocre of both).

The center council should be lockable.

The aluminum trim on shifter and door handles should be more durable.
Old 6/5/05, 07:31 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stereo Upgrades

Was chatting with another 05'er yesterday about the Shaker stereo. Both of us were happy with sound quality but not the head. Our list is as follows which basically means a better stereo head or I guess we can just replace it and keep the speakers.

1) The Change CD deal is ultra annoying. You press the button to remove a cd, select it, and it finally comes out. It then immediately skips to the next CD and starts searching for the first tune. Never assuming that you removed one to put another one in. You then have to hit the button to insert one and then wait till it disengages the current disk, then cycles back to the previous disk slot.

2) Next issue would be the random or shuffle play. If you are running MP3's, it will play the current song, and then AFTER completion it begins searching and loading the next random song. Most decent stereo's already have the next song in their ram buffer ready to go. This results in a 1-3 second silence between songs. Sometimes longer depending on how many sub directories and such you have on your MP3 disc.

3) And finally, there is no number 11 on the volume control.
Old 6/5/05, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
ADVANCE TRAC!!!!!!!

some of us drive these cars year round... and even if you don't it's very helpful in the rain. I could have gotten this on my 15k focus. Why can I not get it on at 30k Mustang?!?!?!?
Old 6/5/05, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

a 69-70 style hood would be nice
Old 6/5/05, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

optional wood grain trim on the dash, door panels and steering wheel. you should be able to get IUP in both aluminum and woodgrain.
Old 6/5/05, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's some thing original, how about a car with no defects/TSB's or recalls???