2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Attention FORD Designers.....

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Topnotch@June 2, 2005, 7:04 AM
How about a Power Trunk Release...

DITTO.... seems like such a simple addition! Oh, and yes, power passenger seats!! I didnt realize it until I was the ACTUAL passenger in my car...
Old 6/2/05, 03:00 PM
GT Member

Well techinically I don't have mine yet, although only a couple weeks more and I should, but a couple minor things I did want on the car or at least as an option were heated seats, power passenger seat, and possibly a memory dirver seat. Although there is one other really cool feature I would have liked to have on the car that no one mentioned yet. And it is .................................................. .. A GLOBAL WINDOW OPEN/CLOSE FEATURE Errrr wait, is that technology too advanced????????? Well whatever, I just must be ahead of my time.
Old 6/2/05, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no problem with the cup-holder. I just got a 32oz. drink from QuikTrip today and the thing disappeared in the rear cupholder...didn't impede my shifiting at all.

I agree with the open space on the doors. More storage = better.

What I think is missing that should be added (and has been mention before):
Interior Trunk Release
Interior Gas Door Release
Dead Pedal

And having the Global Up/Down feature enabled or fixed so we can enable it without jumping through hoops would be nice!
Old 6/2/05, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I really have no improvements to speak of, save one. The seat back needs to be infinitly adjustable. In my '03 focus svt, the seatback was adjusted from a rotary **** that allowed infinite adjustability, instead of a latch with ratchets. It is not a power option, does not add weight or cost, and optimum seating position was easily achieved. I can find a comfortable seating position in the mustang, but it's never "just right." Other than that, they nailed this car because, if you're drinking in the car, then you shouldn't be power shifting and if your power shifting, then you shouldn't be drinking. And don't get me started on talking on the phone.
Old 6/2/05, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

There's already a power trunk release on the key fob. The power trunk release even works with the engine running! I know because I griped about there being no power trunk release... then I tried the button on the fob and it worked. I was surprised because I would have thought the keys had to be out of the ignition for the button to work!

I'd still like to see the grille taper slightly at the top, and as the original poster said, the addition of "hips." Maybe the car will evolve over the next few years and give us more of what we're hoping for. Still think it's a GREAT car though.
Old 6/2/05, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about a Shaker 1000 that reads DVD MP3s without any problems? After all, $1295 is a lot for just a sub and amp....

Oh, and Navigation too, since I plan to drive this car EVERWHERE!
Old 6/2/05, 07:15 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PeterPienaar@June 2, 2005, 1:05 PM
Hey, there's this thing called a "Cobra" you might be interested in.

yeah but with a base price of 45K before massive markups....

Dont get me wrong I love the power - But like any power junkie.. I WANT MORE!!
Old 6/2/05, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Outside Passenger Side Mirror should be changed, instead of saying "Objects in Mirror are Closer Than they Appear", it should say "Objects in Mirror are Less Blurry if you Turn Down the Shaker 1000".
Old 6/3/05, 06:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Steeda has a dead pedal! 555-1156

Old 6/3/05, 07:00 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@June 2, 2005, 11:12 PM
Outside Passenger Side Mirror should be changed, instead of saying "Objects in Mirror are Closer Than they Appear", it should say "Objects in Mirror are Less Blurry if you Turn Down the Shaker 1000".
or

Objects in Mirror are losing!
Old 6/3/05, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Most have been mentioned already just adding my vote:
Better materials used in the interiors
Intrerior trunk release
Locking gas door w/interior release
Oil pressure gage
Old 6/3/05, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1@June 2, 2005, 7:35 AM
Auto dimming mirror with temp and compass is already available.

Alot of these things are available aftermarket, but it is always more expensive to add things after market. Ford should offer them as options.

I added heated seats but I'm certain I paid more for them than if they had been an option.
Old 6/3/05, 08:24 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by kenb0218@June 2, 2005, 2:58 PM
2) Move the brake from beside shifter to floor. Wife has '04 Highlander. It has push on/off - works really nice
It's a performance vehicle, it wouldn't be very functional as a pedal e-brake. Look at every other sports car, the e-brake is by the shifter.
Old 6/3/05, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by AWmustang@June 3, 2005, 7:29 AM
Alot of these things are available aftermarket, but it is always more expensive to add things after market. Ford should offer them as options.

I added heated seats but I'm certain I paid more for them than if they had been an option.
They are a dealer installed option rather than a factory option.
Old 6/3/05, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

It looks like there is an oil pressure gauge--bottom right gauge in the four-gauge cluster.

Originally posted by jdanza@June 3, 2005, 9:25 AM
Most have been mentioned already just adding my vote:
Better materials used in the interiors
Intrerior trunk release
Locking gas door w/interior release
Oil pressure gage
Old 6/3/05, 09:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=Fellser,June 1, 2005, 9:03 PM]
Oh, I've always wanted a car with heated seats. I love them.

What are you talking about? I have heated seats. Yesterday I left the top down and it was 90 degrees. The charcol leather was hotter than blazes when I sat down.
Old 6/3/05, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by fleasome@June 2, 2005, 8:12 PM
The shaker 500 also shakes the mirrors like crazy. I think its those big coffee can sized speakers in the door panel.

Maybe it's the music. Perhaps I should play some Boston Pops when cruising in my Mustang But then I'd be hanging out the window puking.
Old 6/3/05, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 04Stang05@June 2, 2005, 2:03 PM
Well techinically I don't have mine yet, although only a couple weeks more and I should, but a couple minor things I did want on the car or at least as an option were heated seats, power passenger seat, and possibly a memory dirver seat. Although there is one other really cool feature I would have liked to have on the car that no one mentioned yet. And it is .................................................. .. A GLOBAL WINDOW OPEN/CLOSE FEATURE Errrr wait, is that technology too advanced????????? Well whatever, I just must be ahead of my time.
The Verts have this. You just touch the top button either way and all the windows goe down in anticipation of lowering the top. You don't have to lower the top and can use this to quickly roll down all of the windows. You do have to roll all of them up with the specific buttons.
Old 6/3/05, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by dswhalen@June 3, 2005, 9:29 AM
The Verts have this. You just touch the top button either way and all the windows goe down in anticipation of lowering the top. You don't have to lower the top and can use this to quickly roll down all of the windows. You do have to roll all of them up with the specific buttons.
I think he meant this as a joke, hence the jester smiley. My coupe has that feature as well, cars built after a certain date had it disabled.
Old 6/3/05, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1@June 3, 2005, 8:28 AM
They are a dealer installed option rather than a factory option.

Yes, but the dealer installed options are considerably more expensive than when these options are available from the factory.

The dealer quoted me $499 to add the compass/temp mirror. That's not even the homelink.

Quick Reply: Attention FORD Designers.....