2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Attention FORD Designers.....

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just some thoughts on how you might amend the next years of mustangs to make a few things better. Hope others join in as well.

First off, is one small note on the exterior. Doubt it will ever change, but the old mustangs all had a hump or hips if you will. I didn't really notice that it wasn't there as much until the convertibles came out. Then it is very noticeable.

Now for the interior.....

Biggest thing I've noticed that is a bit frustrating at times is the cup holders. They are not designed well for those with the 5 speed. You just can't comfortably have drinks in the holders (even with the super secret deal removed at the bottom so the cups go lower) without having to chicken your arm into a funny position while shifting.

It would be nice if the cup holders were moved more towards the passenger and back to the rear as in the photo. Also, would be handy if BOTH had the little removeable deal so you could lower them both.

Door Panels:

This is probably just mainly because I'm short and drive with the seat way up. But the little areas on both doors for a map, etc, I can't even see. Or access, while seated. I didn't even realize they were there at first. Maybe you should elongate them a bit.

OK. That was just my 68 cents worth, I'm sure other people will have some more ideas.

Old 6/1/05, 02:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second the cup holder idea. They are useless with a 5sp.
Old 6/1/05, 02:40 PM

I'm happy with mine just the way it is. I've never seen or driven an American made car with so much forethought and planning as the '05 Mustang - wouldn't change a thing.
Old 6/1/05, 02:45 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Have the passenger and rear seats delete option.
Old 6/1/05, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Just want to say I have no problems with anything you're bringing up. I don't ever a drink in my car other then a bottle of water stored under my seat sometimes. Same goes for anyone that rides with me.

No problems with the door either, maybe cause I'm tall?
Old 6/1/05, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 1, 2005, 4:48 PM
This is not a race car. You have been watcing to much NASCAR. JK

Feasom:

I agree with you 100%!!! Especially with the cup holders and the door panels. I can barely fit anything in their. Its almost useless.

One other thing is can we not get power seating for the passengers as an option? Come on Ford do you think we are that poor or can you not afford to figure out how to install power seating for passengers. I alsways have some ask me why did you not get power seating for the passengers. Of course, I tell them that its not an option on any Mustang out there and they look at me strangely. Most people dont believe me. I dont blame them either.

Thats my .05 cents. Everything fleasome mentioned and power seating for my passenger that way I can shut up everyone and put a smile on my wifes face.
Old 6/1/05, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Interior trunk release and dead pedal!!! (Both of which are in my '98)
Old 6/1/05, 03:13 PM
Big Falken Tires

I avoid the whole lack of the driver's seat returning to the postion you set it at... by having ANYONE getting into the car get in through the passenger's side...

I have an auto so cup holders are fine for me (plus I rarely have anything in there that tall anyways - even waterbottles sit low in the #2 spot with the secret bottom out and my cell phone sits in spot #1).

I don't really see a major need for power passenger seat - would be nice as maybe an option?...

Other than that, the only interiopr request I can think of is.....

maybe an old classic: an "oh poo" bar as we used to call it, for the passenger to hang on to during high-G maneuvers?!
Old 6/1/05, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

Dude, you are being way too nitpicky! Enjoy your car as it is and be happy you are one of the lucky ones who has one!
Old 6/1/05, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

6spd man trans and forged internals. A drag pack option would be nice too!!!!
Old 6/1/05, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

i think if at some point in the future they brought back the fold away seats. i think these are so cool
Old 6/1/05, 05:03 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by JustFord0099@June 1, 2005, 4:52 PM
i think if at some point in the future they brought back the fold away seats. i think these are so cool

Kyle - see you ordered a black 06! Sweet - keep me posted - I work in Boca and live in Boynton - always looking to cross paths with other Source folk!
Old 6/1/05, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@June 1, 2005, 7:06 PM
Kyle - see you ordered a black 06! Sweet - keep me posted - I work in Boca and live in Boynton - always looking to cross paths with other Source folk!
ya man for sure im so excited days seem like like years at this point. I live in the east Boca area. ive seen a black GT runnin around sometimes, it looks slightly modded. Ill just be excited to have the only GT in my neighborhood
Old 6/1/05, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd like to see a passenger side power seat.

Mazda has a 4 way adjustable steering column that looks exactly like the Mustang column. That would be nice. (you can move it forward and back)

XM or Serius ready radio

Steering Wheel radio controls (like I have in my Explorer)
Old 6/1/05, 05:15 PM
GT Member

It was real hard for me buy leather seats that didn't have heat!

Not that I've got them yet!
Old 6/1/05, 05:17 PM

I second the "oh-poo" bar for the passenger seat. Ive had a couple people going to grab for one during high speed turns......but then again the look of fear since they have nothing to hold them in except the seatbelt is sometimes worth it ..
Old 6/1/05, 05:32 PM

I couldn't agree more with the "oh-poo" bar! My wife and I rented one this weekend and she must have reached for the non existant handle no less than 10 times during our two day rental period.
The interior trunk release would be nice but there is a button on the key fob. Heck my 99 had it. I have to say that all considered that car was awesome(even for a rental)!!!! We had more fun driving it. One heck of a test drive...700 miles in two days! Now I gotta get one! Even wifey says so
Old 6/1/05, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I second the 6 speed option, especially since the Tremec 6 speed will bolt right into place with little effort.
Old 6/1/05, 06:06 PM
GT Member

We always called it the "Oh Jesus" handle. For the life of me I can't figure out why it was named after some Mexican guy......
Old 6/1/05, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 1, 2005, 1:48 PM
1.) The center console should be insulated and hold at least a half rack.

2.)It should be sold with a "Lynnard Skynyrd" cd in the Shaker.

3.)They should include some "Daisy Duke" shorts for my girlfriend.

4.)An electronic jammer for X ,K and KY(grab your ankles) band police radar.

5.)Special Goodyears for powersliding in gravel.

6.) An angled chin splitter that will push road kill into the ditch.

Call it all the "Deep South, Slightly Red Neck" package....
There is more ,but we have to something for Roush and Saleen to sell.

Quick Reply: Attention FORD Designers.....