Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who works at a dealership here?

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/09, 06:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone who works at a dealership here?

I stopped by my local dealership yesterday afternoon to pick up my in-cabin air filter. While there, I decided to mention to the service guys that I had the issue with not being able to fill my gas tank completely the last three times I tried (Pump keeps shutting off as if it is full, regardless of the angle I move it to). While looking into the computer to verify my warranty is still valid, the service guy validates it is, and mentions that my car also has an extended warranty of some kind then qukcly switches screens (before I could see anything on the screen other than the previous owners first name), stating that this warranty is not valid for me since I am not the original owner. Long story short, according to him I already have the newly designed gas tank but they will look at it under warranty if I bring it in.

My question arises from his apparent attempt to prevent me from seeing a possible warranty that I may be able to get transferred to me, and his vague answers to my inquiry after he mentioned it? Was just wondering if there was someone on this site that works at a dealership that I could provide my VIN that would give me an honest answer as to what type of warranty was bought by the original owner (if any at all), and if this would be transferable to me??

TIA
Old 9/24/09, 07:02 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I stopped by my local dealership yesterday afternoon to pick up my in-cabin air filter. While there, I decided to mention to the service guys that I had the issue with not being able to fill my gas tank completely the last three times I tried (Pump keeps shutting off as if it is full, regardless of the angle I move it to). While looking into the computer to verify my warranty is still valid, the service guy validates it is, and mentions that my car also has an extended warranty of some kind then qukcly switches screens (before I could see anything on the screen other than the previous owners first name), stating that this warranty is not valid for me since I am not the original owner. Long story short, according to him I already have the newly designed gas tank but they will look at it under warranty if I bring it in.

My question arises from his apparent attempt to prevent me from seeing a possible warranty that I may be able to get transferred to me, and his vague answers to my inquiry after he mentioned it? Was just wondering if there was someone on this site that works at a dealership that I could provide my VIN that would give me an honest answer as to what type of warranty was bought by the original owner (if any at all), and if this would be transferable to me??

TIA
In the past I was told that if the previous owner had purchased a Ford ESP plan it could be transfered to future owners, I believe it was a minor fee ($100).

It is possible that the previous owner canceled the plan and took the pro-rated refund or that you could transfer the plan to yourself as the second owner for a small fee.

That is why a Ford ESP can add value to the car. For example a 72 month 100K mile plan could cost $1,300. The seller can cancel the plan and get a prorated refund on the purchase price or can elect to transfer it to the new owner for the transfer fee.