2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone have a build date of July 27th???

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/06, 03:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a build date of July 27th???

I just got off the phone with my dealer cuz i wanted to make a last minute color change... (i ordered the redfire, but i really like the alloy) but he told me i couldn't change it once it has a build date- well that was good news! I'm disappointed i can't change the color, but really... who cares what color it is??? It's a MUSTANG for cryin' out loud- well anyway- i wanted to see if anyone else had a build date on our around the same time as me.... also- i keep hearing this stuff about a 2 week break??? whats up with that????
Old 7/2/06, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05MustangSB
...i wanted to see if anyone else had a build date on our around the same time as me.... also- i keep hearing this stuff about a 2 week break??? whats up with that????
Its called a much needed Summer vacation. Those folks have been working hard for a while, and at one point they went to 10 hour shifts, so let them have their rest so that when they build your (and my) stang everything will be at peace...It is also about retooling the line if they need to and adding additional safety measures...We had one guy keel over with a heart attack on the line in early June, lets make sure that doesn't happen again....

The 18th can't come soon enough...
Old 7/2/06, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

oh no- dont get me wrong- i'm not complaining about the shutdown or anything- i completely understand- i just didnt know what all it entailed... i hadn't ever heard of it before- the two week thing doesn't bother me cuz even if my stang is delivered to the dealer- i can't pick it up until September anyway- i'm overseas and will be pcs'ing in september.... so it doesn't really matter if the shutdown affects me or not- lol i wont get to pick her up for another 2 months....

wow- this is eeriely reminding me of being pregnant... i know my pride and joy is coming.... but i have to wait- and so the countdown begins lol
Old 7/3/06, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05MustangSB
oh no- dont get me wrong- i'm not complaining about the shutdown or anything- i completely understand- i just didnt know what all it entailed...
Sorry, if I overreacted. There have been a couple of folks complaining about the shutdown on these forums, and having been effected by it as well (had it not been for the shutdown, my toy would be built on 7/4 - how cool is that?), I could have been in line with them complaining. But since being on these forums, and since my brother is in this business, I know what it is like and I know that they need these breaks. They seem long to us, but one week is not long enough for a vacation. It takes until Wed to totally relax, and then you tense up again by Fri thinking about going back to work. I know that you and I think that working on making these cars has got to be the greatest job in the world, but I am sure that it is not only the building of the cars. My guess is building the cars is fun, but dealing with everything else associated with working for Ford would not be.

Thanks for serving our country. You'll love the redfire as I love the Grabber Orange...
Old 7/3/06, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

it's cool- sorry if i came off ticked off about the shutdown- thats not my attitude about it at all- i think 2 weeks isn't enough for those guys- i mean really think about it- you do one thing allllll day long- it can be boring i know.... especially around the 4th of july- they need a much needed break to relax- i'm actually considering changing the color to Alloy- i spoke with my dealer guy today and he said he was going to see what he could do....hopefully the fact that they're shut down wont have an effect on getting in the color change before its too late.... oh well- red, or alloy- i'll be happy with it either way... i should know by this afternoon ( or so he said) if they can change it or not....