2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone find an easter eggs yet

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/04, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Grantsdale+December 3, 2004, 9:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 9:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 3, 2004, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by holderca1@December 2, 2004, 4:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster
@December 2, 2004, 1:43 PM
It really really does work! Its so awesome, especially in the truck. Our driveway is super long, and going just between the house and the barn in the truck, we dont put on the seatbelt, and I hated that belt minder ding donging! No more problem! There is a similar procedure I found to disable the automatic locking of the doors, if anyone is interested.

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong. B)

Isn't the automatic locking only on the automatics, thought I read that in the owner's manual.

Nope, does it on my manual.

I knew I read this in the manual, top of page 63:

Autolock (if equipped)
On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, this feature
automatically locks all vehicle doors when:
• all doors are closed,
• the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position,
• the brake is pressed before reaching 5 mph (8 km/h), and
• then the vehicle increases to more than 5 mph (8 km/h).
I thought we were talking about the doors locking themselves after they've been closed for 10 minutes. [/b][/quote]
my wife's '03 Focus is a manual and the locks go automatically when you put it in gear, be it 1,2,3,4,5 or R and let the clutch out.. I don't think the wheels even get 1 full revolution before the doors lock. .... so what I'm understanding from this part of this thread is that someone claims that only the autos auto lock the doors? perhaps I'm not reading it right.... but yeah, my wife's manual locks 'em too.
Old 12/3/04, 09:05 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by clintoris+December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clintoris @ December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 3, 2004, 9:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster
It really really does work! Its so awesome, especially in the truck. Our driveway is super long, and going just between the house and the barn in the truck, we dont put on the seatbelt, and I hated that belt minder ding donging! No more problem! There is a similar procedure I found to disable the automatic locking of the doors, if anyone is interested.

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong. B)

Isn't the automatic locking only on the automatics, thought I read that in the owner's manual.

Autolock (if equipped)
• all doors are closed,

I thought we were talking about the doors locking themselves after they've been closed for 10 minutes.
my wife's '03 Focus is a manual and the locks go automatically when you put it in gear, be it 1,2,3,4,5 or R and let the clutch out.. I don't think the wheels even get 1 full revolution before the doors lock. .... so what I'm understanding from this part of this thread is that someone claims that only the autos auto lock the doors? perhaps I'm not reading it right.... but yeah, my wife's manual locks 'em too. [/b][/quote]
I am just going off what the owner's manual states, I know the automatic does it(have driven one), still waiting on my manual to get here, so I don't know about it.
Old 12/3/04, 09:08 AM
Cobra R Member

mine doesn't :stubborn:
Old 12/3/04, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Radman@December 3, 2004, 7:02 AM
Point is, my insurance rates go up when some moron gets seriously injured or killed because they weren't wearing a seatbelt that would have allowed them to walk away. The fact is, our choices affect more than just ourselves. Now, if you were willing to say that anybody not wearing their seatbelt would not have to be covered by insurance, then I'd agree that it should be a choice. It's easy to say that it should be a choice when other people have to pay for your consequences.

Jason
First of all, your statement is completely wrong. Your insurance rates are based on YOUR actions, not someone else's. If you have a different opinion, back it up with fact.

Secondly, your last statement is totally ignorant.

I say that we should have freedom of speech, but I didn't fight in the Revolutionary War. I say that we should have freedom from terrorism, but I'm not fighting in Afghanistan (my sister might be, though). In fact, all the freedoms we have in America came from people other than myself paying the price for them.

I believe that I should have a choice whether or not to wear a helmet on my motorcycle, and also whether or not I wear a seat belt. I believe I should have freedom in many other areas of my life as well. I smoke. Are you going to complain about how my smoking is costing you money in health care? That would be the same argument that you used in regards to seat belt use.

Must be a liberal.

One of my favorite liberties is free speech. I can say things like "Screw you!" Sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk, but your post was pretty dumb.

End rant.
Old 12/3/04, 09:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kahdir@December 3, 2004, 10:11 AM
mine doesn't :stubborn:
you're funny. Anyways... my '98 did too, had the auto locks on it, and I hated that feature. I can understand it perhaps if you have a family car... you wouldn't want your children spilling out all over the highway, but as for me and my Mustang, I didn't care for it. I had them shut it off at the dealer after I bought it. On my test drive, I noticed it was locking the doors and I said 'before I leave tonight, that'd better be gone... and there'd better be floor mats and those stupid dealer badges had better disappear'. They took car of everything except the badges. had to do that one myself.
Old 12/3/04, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by holderca1+December 3, 2004, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by clintoris@December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster

Autolock (if equipped)
• all doors are closed,

I thought we were talking about the doors locking themselves after they've been closed for 10 minutes.

my wife's '03 Focus is a manual and the locks go automatically when you put it in gear, be it 1,2,3,4,5 or R and let the clutch out.. I don't think the wheels even get 1 full revolution before the doors lock. .... so what I'm understanding from this part of this thread is that someone claims that only the autos auto lock the doors? perhaps I'm not reading it right.... but yeah, my wife's manual locks 'em too.
I am just going off what the owner's manual states, I know the automatic does it(have driven one), still waiting on my manual to get here, so I don't know about it. [/b][/quote]
05 Manuals don't auto-lock the doors in gear. However, they still lock the doors automatically after 10 minutes of the engine being off.
Old 12/3/04, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Shea+December 3, 2004, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shea @ December 3, 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Radman@December 3, 2004, 7:02 AM
Point is, my insurance rates go up when some moron gets seriously injured or killed because they weren't wearing a seatbelt that would have allowed them to walk away. The fact is, our choices affect more than just ourselves. Now, if you were willing to say that anybody not wearing their seatbelt would not have to be covered by insurance, then I'd agree that it should be a choice. It's easy to say that it should be a choice when other people have to pay for your consequences.

Jason
First of all, your statement is completely wrong. Your insurance rates are based on YOUR actions, not someone else's. If you have a different opinion, back it up with fact.

I say that we should have freedom of speech, but I didn't fight in the Revolutionary War. I say that we should have freedom from terrorism, but I'm not fighting in Afghanistan (my sister might be, though). In fact, all the freedoms we have in America came from people other than myself paying the price for them.

I believe that I should have a choice whether or not to wear a helmet on my motorcycle, and also whether or not I wear a seat belt. I believe I should have freedom in many other areas of my life as well. I smoke. Are you going to complain about how my smoking is costing you money in health care? That would be the same argument that you used in regards to seat belt use.

Must be a liberal.

One of my favorite liberties is free speech. I can say things like "Screw you!" Sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk, but your post was pretty dumb.

End rant. [/b][/quote]
Hahaha. Insurance rates are based solely on our own actions? What a joke! I'm not in the insurance industry, maybe you are, but insurance rates are based on risks, not just our individual risk but also area risk. Take hurrican insurance for instance. Does it only go up for those whose homes were hit in FL, or for the state as a whole? Rates will go up across the state. Same thing applies to cars. I'm not saying that good drivers don't get lower rates, but I do know that rates fo up from time to time, and I never made a claim. So if insurance rates are based solely on my driving record, why would they go up? As for facts, you've displayed as many as I have .

Also, don't take things so personally. It makes you look like a hiney.

And yes, I will complain about how smokers increase health care costs. Are you actually saying that they don't?

In any case, have a good one!

Jason

P.S. Actually, I encourage people to smoke so they die sooner. That way, when it's my time to draw my pitance of Social Security that I've overpaid into, there may actually be some for me
Old 12/3/04, 09:57 AM
Banned

Yup, insurance is always based on a group of people. It is influnced by age group, community, group of driving records, the group of records concerning the type of car, or house, or whatever. Your own record has about 20% influence on your insurance. The rest is done in group ratings.
Old 12/3/04, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 3, 2004, 11:00 AM
Yup, insurance is always based on a group of people. It is influnced by age group, community, group of driving records, the group of records concerning the type of car, or house, or whatever. Your own record has about 20% influence on your insurance. The rest is done in group ratings.
If Grantsdale says it, it must be true
Old 12/3/04, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+December 3, 2004, 10:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 3, 2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by clintoris@December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster

Autolock (if equipped)
• all doors are closed,

I am just going off what the owner's manual states, I know the automatic does it(have driven one), still waiting on my manual to get here, so I don't know about it.
05 Manuals don't auto-lock the doors in gear. However, they still lock the doors automatically after 10 minutes of the engine being off. [/b][/quote]
right on... now I won't have to do the Hokey Pokey in my car to shut off the auto locks when I get it.
Old 12/3/04, 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (clintoris @ December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM)
QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 9:14 AM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 9:22 AM)
QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 2, 2004, 4:03 PM)
QUOTE (porkster @ December 2, 2004, 1:43 PM)

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong.

Autolock (if equipped)
• all doors are closed,

05 Manuals don't auto-lock the doors in gear. However, they still lock the doors automatically after 10 minutes of the engine being off.

right on... now I won't have to do the Hokey Pokey in my car to shut off the auto locks when I get it.
That looks cool! I wonder how long we can keep making it bigger.
Old 12/3/04, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ecgirard2@December 2, 2004, 8:39 AM
It would be great if they had some way to turn off the seat belt alarm.
The dealer said that they can turn it off for you. Just ask them. It is annoying but it has made me buckle up (more).
Old 12/3/04, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Radman@December 3, 2004, 10:55 AM
Hahaha. Insurance rates are based solely on our own actions? What a joke! I'm not in the insurance industry, maybe you are, but insurance rates are based on risks, not just our individual risk but also area risk. Take hurrican insurance for instance. Does it only go up for those whose homes were hit in FL, or for the state as a whole? Rates will go up across the state. Same thing applies to cars. I'm not saying that good drivers don't get lower rates, but I do know that rates fo up from time to time, and I never made a claim. So if insurance rates are based solely on my driving record, why would they go up? As for facts, you've displayed as many as I have .

Also, don't take things so personally. It makes you look like a hiney.

And yes, I will complain about how smokers increase health care costs. Are you actually saying that they don't?

In any case, have a good one!

Jason

P.S. Actually, I encourage people to smoke so they die sooner. That way, when it's my time to draw my pitance of Social Security that I've overpaid into, there may actually be some for me
Your own actions are the only controllable thing that the rates are based on. And of course they go up from time to time. Don't prices of everything. Each car is given a rating, and the area you live is given a rating, and your driving record is given a rating etc... You need to worry about yourself and not the actions of others. Because you have no control over it. That's just the way it is. Your rates would not be hugley influenced by just the fact that people buckle up more. If anything the ins company would just make more money. Either way, I find the rates affordable and very reasonable. BUT I still want to disable that darn BeltMinder!
Old 12/3/04, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by gkc1908@December 3, 2004, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (clintoris @ December 3, 2004, 9:55 AM)
QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 3, 2004, 9:14 AM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 9:22 AM)
QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM)
QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 2, 2004, 4:03 PM)
QUOTE (porkster @ December 2, 2004, 1:43 PM)

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong.

Autolock (if equipped)
• all doors are closed,

That looks cool! I wonder how long we can keep making it bigger.
I think that answered you question..... yours was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 12/3/04, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

geographic area is a major factor in determining auto insurance rates. when i was in college i was paying 1800/yr for my '92 vert. after graduating when i moved back to my home town my rate went to 3600/yr.. LITERALLY DOULBED! and my record had remained unchanged.. clean.. no tix etc. I just happened to go to college in the least expensive insurance rated county for NY state (Binghamton) and my home was in the most expensive for NY state (NYC metro).. needless to say, had to sell the car.

now about those eggs? anyone?
Old 12/3/04, 03:44 PM
FR500 Member

The reason that this keeps getting off topic, there are no eggs, they're still incubating. Not quite ready to hatch yet
Old 12/3/04, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by clintoris@December 3, 2004, 10:55 AM

***********On her Focus.... Hold the trip odometer reset button before starting the car(key off), while holding it, start the car and continue to hold for about 6-8 sec. The word TEST will show in the screen, hit the reset button to toggle through all the features. Funny enough, the digital speedo is perfect(the factory one is 3mph faster on average). 10th press gets the digital tachometer

**Prior mustangs had similar setups, I havent tried an 05's yet.

Also on the Focus, with no keys in the car, you can hit the power button on the stereo for a one hour 'sleep' timer. You can use all functions of the stereo, its great for washing the car or at the gas station without leaving in the keys.

ALL FORDS have a beltminder. ALL FORD MANUALS tell you how to disable them. You can do the disable 'dance' to permenantly disable it, or simply plug the belt in once the car is started and unplug it and it is disabled while the car is running(for the idiots with no belts out there).

All of the mainstream Fords have autolock as well. Since every ford's front doors unlock when you pull the door handle inside the car, it shouldnt make any difference. Its mostly for children.

You can also do stuff like teach all your family's Fords to use the same key fob if you want.
Old 12/3/04, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is there an Easter Egg that tells me how to get my Shaker 500 to quit skipping or ejecting perfectly good CD's?

No Pun, No Sarcasm and No joke intended!
Old 12/3/04, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Shea+December 3, 2004, 9:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shea @ December 3, 2004, 9:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Radman@December 3, 2004, 7:02 AM

Jason

Must be a liberal.

End rant. [/b][/quote]
Wow. The fact that someone would reply to a subject like this, and say the post was dumb and ignorant, and do so and a dumb and ignorant manner is mind boggling.

The answer to the first question is so painfully obvious. If I live in Iowa, I would be paying like 300 dollars every six months for insurance. As it is, I like in Phoenix and pay 1000 every six months. Am I suddenly THAT much of a different driver in Iowa compared to Phoenix that it would warrant that kind of increase?

As for your rebel without a cause thinking for smoking, seat belts, and helmets, did you ever think of exactly how MUCH money is spent on a yearly basis for medical bills for those situations? I promise the insurance companies are not dipping into their OWN profits to pay for those bills. They get passed right off to everyone else.

If you had a way of something like this NOT having the potential of costing everyone a fortune, then I would say go ahead and head down the road without a seat belt or helmet and smoke yer lungs out. If we could just take you out back and shoot you to save everyone else the monstrous medical bills whenever you finally DO get into a wreck or catch lung cancer, then go right ahead, do as you will.

BUT since that kind of Kevorkian solution to your I want to do what I please isn't going to appeal to very many people, then I think we should ALL be obliged to follow common sense laws such as seat belts.

In the end, it just seems to me that you are spending way too much time complaining about the minimal impact these laws have on your life and not giving a crap about the bigger picture. Take the blinders off, there is more to life than just YOUR situation.

Not like it matters one bit, but I'm much more on the conservative side than liberal.
Old 12/3/04, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
good post stubbies

Now back to the topic at hand!

EASTER EGGS!: Which color shell tastes the best?? I prefer blue shells. Discuss

Quick Reply: Anyone find an easter eggs yet