2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone find an easter eggs yet

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/04, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is like someone telling a smoker that smoking kills.
Old 12/2/04, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by delt459+December 2, 2004, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (delt459 @ December 2, 2004, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-169stang@December 2, 2004, 9:04 PM
but wearing your belt is. the choice is in putting it on or not. The ticket and whatever else is the consequence.
Well I am glad my buddies "made the choice" not to wear them because they are still here....back to the subject any eggs found? [/b][/quote]
So the next time they don't wear them they can be thrown from the car and hit head first on impact? No thanks.
Old 12/2/04, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Most accidents occur in the home, and a majority of those occur in the bathroom. Imagine how many lives we could save it they passed a law requiring helmets to be worn in the bathroom. More than seatbelts save I bet.

The point is, sure seatbelts save lives, but in a free country you should be able to legally choose to be stupid and not wear one, or buckle up. Less law, and more personal responsibility. If you die from not wearing your seatbelt, well your bad. Personally I wear mine, but don't agree with it being law.
Old 12/2/04, 11:32 PM

I've been a lurker here for some time though my wife is a member. She is currently waiting for her 05 GT. Thought I'd weigh in on this topic so I figured I had better sign up.

I've been a cop for 11 years and work in a city of 130K. I've been a hit and run investigator for 4 years and an accident reconstructionist for almost as long. The accident reconstruction part means I've had to attend schools for advanced accident investigation (the physical part of investigations with a little math) and accident reconstruction (nothing but UGLY math).

If there is a fatal or likely fatal wreck when I'm on duty I go to work it. If I'm off, my pager goes off and I go work it. That means I've had the opportunity to work many, many fatal wrecks. In that time I have only been to one where the occupant would have been killed had they been wearing their seatbelt. I've been to many where a person could have walked away had they had theirs on.

I never give adults a ticket if they aren't wearing a seat belt. In a wreck I figure a good dash or windshield faceplant is a very good object lesson and me causing them to pay a few bucks to the city won't make a difference. If they have a child unbuckled, they are getting the ticket. I don't like going out when someone has made the decision for a child to do the same faceplant.

I used to never wear my seatbelt in my own vehicles though I always would wear it when in a cop car. After doing this for so long and having to view corpse after corpse I never move a vehicle without my belt on. To me it is a choice, but one I always make. If someone had two friends who walked away from likely death in a wreck because they were not wearing their belts they should start a club because they are definatly the exception to the rule.

As a past owner of a number of GT's, thanks for letting me rant. Kathy, should you happen to read this today (she's on this site constantly), YES, I am going to call the dealer today and harass them some more about where your car is.

Martin
Old 12/3/04, 01:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hmmm.. looks easier to buckle up.
Old 12/3/04, 01:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by porkster+December 2, 2004, 11:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (porkster @ December 2, 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ecgirard2@December 2, 2004, 8:39 AM
It would be great if they had some way to turn off the seat belt alarm.
To disable the seat belt alarm do this. I "assume" it will work on the 05. I did it on my 02 stang, and in the 04 F250 and it works!

The Belt MinderTM is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. The Belt Minder is active from the time the vehicle leaves the factory. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. This procedure applies to most newer vehicles equipped with BeltMinder, not just Ford trucks.

Important Notes:
Follow these instructions at your own risk! Not wearing your seatbelt may be illegal in your area. Always be sure you're aware of your local laws, and wearing your seatbelt!

Procedures
You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:

The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete. [/b][/quote]
Hmmm.. It would be easier to wear your belt.
Old 12/3/04, 05:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@December 2, 2004, 10:32 PM
The point is, sure seatbelts save lives, but in a free country you should be able to legally choose to be stupid and not wear one, or buckle up. Less law, and more personal responsibility. If you die from not wearing your seatbelt, well your bad. Personally I wear mine, but don't agree with it being law.
Point is, my insurance rates go up when some moron gets seriously injured or killed because they weren't wearing a seatbelt that would have allowed them to walk away. The fact is, our choices affect more than just ourselves. Now, if you were willing to say that anybody not wearing their seatbelt would not have to be covered by insurance, then I'd agree that it should be a choice. It's easy to say that it should be a choice when other people have to pay for your consequences.

Jason
Old 12/3/04, 06:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Grantsdale+December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 2, 2004, 4:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster
@December 2, 2004, 1:43 PM
It really really does work! Its so awesome, especially in the truck. Our driveway is super long, and going just between the house and the barn in the truck, we dont put on the seatbelt, and I hated that belt minder ding donging! No more problem! There is a similar procedure I found to disable the automatic locking of the doors, if anyone is interested.

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong. B)

Isn't the automatic locking only on the automatics, thought I read that in the owner's manual.
Nope, does it on my manual. [/b][/quote]
I knew I read this in the manual, top of page 63:

Autolock (if equipped)
On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, this feature
automatically locks all vehicle doors when:
• all doors are closed,
• the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position,
• the brake is pressed before reaching 5 mph (8 km/h), and
• then the vehicle increases to more than 5 mph (8 km/h).
Old 12/3/04, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ItsNotABulliT@December 2, 2004, 12:35 PM
After reading that I thought the exact same thing...anyone else back up that this works before I do the retard dance in my stang?
Matt, that was hillarious!!!
Old 12/3/04, 07:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Martin, welcome to the forums.
Old 12/3/04, 07:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Now
Old 12/3/04, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 2, 2004, 2:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 2, 2004, 2:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by porkster@December 2, 2004, 2:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ItsNotABulliT
@December 2, 2004, 2:01 PM
You must try it if you dont like the ding dong.
Exactly what are you saying here?

If you dont like the ding dong bing bong, bell chiming of the belt minder! then go through those steps, and it WILL get rid of it.
Putting your seatbelt on will also make it stop, seems alot easier to do that then that crazy way to turn it off. [/b][/quote]
the point to doing all that "crazy stuff" is so that the belt minder is permanently off. Meaning, you only have to do it once. Not every time you get in the car. We don't need a stupid noise to "remind" us to put on a seatbelt.
Old 12/3/04, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's one for the BMW M3:

There's a cheat code in the software running the BMW M3's sequential manual gearbox (SMG): Press the right buttons in the right order and the car will launch you from a stop after revving the engine to 5,000 rpm. But don't look for a how-to in the owners' manual—this feature is undocumented, an inside joke of sorts.

To our knowledge, it's also the first automotive "Easter egg," though—with increased reliance on computers—it would seem just a matter of time before they become standard fare, much like the hidden features in PC games and DVD movies. In the M3's case, there's also good reason for it: The SMG transmission is completely electronic, so you can't rev the engine and drop the clutch for tire-smoking acceleration—something the owner of a performance sedan just might want to do occasionally.

But there is a catch. In Europe, where the feature isn't so hush-hush, doing more than 15 launches voids the car's warranty. Federal laws prohibit such stipulations here, so BMW has turned down the wick. U.S.-spec cars are programmed to wind to only 2,500 rpm—and our test car topped off at 1,800. That's why you have to ask your dealer to install the European software. Most will happily oblige.

For lucky drivers of this hot car, here's how: Switch off the stability system and select shift program six. Switch the engine to sport mode. With the hand shifter in drive, hold it in the downshift position and press the gas pedal. The engine will rev to the preprogrammed rpm and hold. Now release the shifter. The car will launch forward violently and the engine's revs will climb quickly, so be prepared to upshift.
Old 12/3/04, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by holderca1+December 3, 2004, 9:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 3, 2004, 9:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 2, 2004, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by holderca1@December 2, 2004, 4:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-porkster
@December 2, 2004, 1:43 PM
It really really does work! Its so awesome, especially in the truck. Our driveway is super long, and going just between the house and the barn in the truck, we dont put on the seatbelt, and I hated that belt minder ding donging! No more problem! There is a similar procedure I found to disable the automatic locking of the doors, if anyone is interested.

It looks crazy on paper, all the steps, but when you sit down to do it, its really not that bad. Trust me! You must try it if you dont like the ding dong. B)

Isn't the automatic locking only on the automatics, thought I read that in the owner's manual.

Nope, does it on my manual.
I knew I read this in the manual, top of page 63:

Autolock (if equipped)
On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, this feature
automatically locks all vehicle doors when:
• all doors are closed,
• the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position,
• the brake is pressed before reaching 5 mph (8 km/h), and
• then the vehicle increases to more than 5 mph (8 km/h). [/b][/quote]
I thought we were talking about the doors locking themselves after they've been closed for 10 minutes.
Old 12/3/04, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the site copper

Seriously, we are glad to have someone here with your expertise, but this stupid seatbelt debate is as old as the legalizing pot arguement...or trying to get a president, the counrty seems split...but not free...

As for me...I wear mine because a friend of mine in college was killed while reaching into his glove box, then going over the center lane, and pop. I was told if his seatbelt would have been on, he would have lived.

I want the chime off because Subway is half a mile from my house and I hate the beeping for all two mintes of that drive.

In reference to the Toyota, why would you try the retard dance in a make thats not even related to Ford?...just a thought...
And theres no why I'm prying the buckle apart...that thing needs to work, I drive like a jacka** too often for it not to.
Old 12/3/04, 08:34 AM

This is just a preference thing, for me putting on my seatbelt is habit, I start putting it on before I am even completely sitting in the car, so I have it on whether I drive a block or cross country. I have it on in about a second, so it's not a nuisance to me or uncomfortable. I have been in several accidents, even one where I was only going a couple blocks. So it just makes sense to me.
Old 12/3/04, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm a firefighter and have been to many extrications. It's a simple fact, seatbelts save lives. If you'd rather become part of the pavement.. fine but like Martin said, don't make that decision for your children.. buckle them up and IN THE BACK SEAT. Front passenger airbags and children DON'T mix.. there was a call where a child was killed from the airbag.

Ok, back to the topic.. anyone found any eggs in their '05s?
Old 12/3/04, 08:42 AM

Back to topic, easter eggs are extras that aren't published, ways to turn off the beltminder and automatic locks don't qualify, they are published in the owner's manual.
Old 12/3/04, 08:49 AM

I looked in my car, but I didn't see any eggs.
Seriously, do I need to be a genious to find the hidden tricks, or do I need a computer of some sort. I tried to turn the GT logo on the side to see if some egg popped out, but no go. I then put on the E-brack, turned the heater on, spun the a/c bezel 3 times, yelled I love Ford twice, turned the ignition on....but nothing happens.
Hey, do you think that aftermarket or tuner companies find these, keep it under wraps, and charge people to crack open the "egg?"
Old 12/3/04, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess the only thing close to an easter egg that we have is the secret under-the-big-gulp storage compartment.

Can anyone tell me what the removable panel in the right of the front passenger footwell is for? <scary music> Its a mystery....

Quick Reply: Anyone find an easter eggs yet