2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever order from Mustangtuning.com

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever order from Mustangtuning.com? What was your experiance like?

Here is mine.

Wednesday 4-20-05 8:30pm, I ordered the SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back for my 2005 Mustang, expecting delivery by the end of this week 4-29-05

Thursday 4-21-05 1:15pm I enquired about the status of my order.

Thursday 4-21-05 5:00pm
Received the following response
"Your order will ship out this Monday when we receive our SLP order in
our warehouse."

I then received an email informing me there was a problem with my credit card, they claimed the address provided wasn't the one authorized by my card. This has been a problem in the past with other stores, it seems some stores are unable to think for themselfs and 205 N Main isn't the same as 205 North Main
I then provided them the correct address exactly as it appeared on my creditcard statement. My card was then charged the amount of the purchase.

Today 4-25-05 Noon I again enquired about the status of my order.
"It will be shipped via APX, and will be delivered via USPS. We didn't receive our full order with SLP, however, and we do not have
enough catbacks to fill your order. How would you like us to proceed?"

My reply was of course to enquire about when they expected the product to be available, a short while later I received the following.

"We really are not too sure. SLP is unpredictable in this aspect. My
guess would be a week to two weeks, but that's just a guess.

We are shipping UPS now, not APX by the way."

I have now cancled my order and requested my card be refunded. 5 days, and several hoops, the kind you jump through, later they can't even tell me when they will get the product to ship me.

I might pointout that they never volunteered information about my order, I had to ask.

Their pratice of billing my card before shipping or even having the item is a bit suspicious.
Old 4/25/05, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

So noone has ordered from Mustangtuning.com? I know I won't again.
Old 4/25/05, 03:23 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will avoid them... although I was thinking about getting some 17x9 anthracite bullitts from them. They are on sale for $140 a piece with free shipping.
Old 4/25/05, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 25, 2005, 3:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will avoid them... although I was thinking about getting some 17x9 anthracite bullitts from them. They are on sale for $140 a piece with free shipping.
The intent of this message wasn't to put people off on Mustangtuning.com just a general heads up. Im interested in hearing from people that have ordered from them, good and bad experiances could give the community a clearer picture of how Mustangtuning.com opperates.

Just a tip when ordering from them might ask them before ordering if they have the item your after in stock. Their website claims they have a warehouse, This seems to suggest inventory of some kind.
Old 4/25/05, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

My Roush kit experience - see the kit offered on two different websites, order from site B. Receive email confirming delivery of kit in 9 days. Call to see if this is correct (sometimes these are automated messages) and the saga began.

Long story short, the kit was even available at the time. Site B charged my card (just over $2K) at the time of ordering. The kit arrived a little over a month later!

Not sure how much control these retailers have over these things - a manufacturer says an item will be ready and then fails to deliver. I was royally psd off - more because they debited my card whilst fully knowing they were unable to ship the kit. However, I got over it because the guy I plagued with emails always reponded in a timely fashion and seemed to be a straight shooter.

You may have just experienced something similar. Newness of this car seems to be causing a lot of missed deadlines. There are a lot if threads in here which imply this. The good thing is, I suppose it means that reputable manufacturers are risking incurring our wrath to make sure they get the final product just right?
Old 4/25/05, 04:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I ordered some mats from them, and I was very happy with the service and speedy delivery.
Old 4/25/05, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 25, 2005, 2:07 PM
I ordered some mats from them, and I was very happy with the service and speedy delivery.
I'm planning on getting their Mats myself. How do you like the fit, compared to the factory mats?
Old 4/25/05, 04:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+April 25, 2005, 4:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Giddyup @ April 25, 2005, 4:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@April 25, 2005, 2:07 PM
I'm planning on getting their Mats myself. How do you like the fit, compared to the factory mats?
[/b][/quote]

Give me a couple weeks and I'll be able to tell you. No car yet.
Old 4/25/05, 04:52 PM
GT Member

ive ordered from them numerous times very quick delivery and excellent customer service
Old 4/25/05, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered my 17x9 chrome bullits and chrome lugnuts from them. They had the wheels in stock but got the nuts from steeda. The nuts were backordered and they had sent me an email asking how to proceed. I had them ship each seperately. I ordered on a saturday and on monday they emailed me asking for my preference.

I'll order from them again.
Old 4/25/05, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered my shorty antenna from them and got very good service. I had the antenna in four days.

I usually try to order from the manufacturer and cut out the middle man. I think I get faster service that way.

I have ordered both my axle backs (Flowmaster) and floor mats (G.G. Bailey) direct and received very good results.
Old 4/25/05, 07:49 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I ordered my SLPs from them last week on 4/20/05 at 5:30pm PST
Next day same thing : credit card security problem - I think it was just to make sure the person ordering is really them.

I also got the message that the SLP loudmouths were out of stock:

"The Mustang SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust (2005 Mustang GT) that you ordered is currently out of stock. We are expecting our new shipment to arrive early next week . We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time we can offer you several options.

- We can switch your order to any similar products found on our website MustangTuning.com. (Different color, size, etc..).

- We can place your order on hold until when the item is received, at what time your order will ship immediately.

- We can ship the in-stock items immediately and the missing item(s) when they are back in stock (at no additional cost).

Again we apologize for any inconvenience and are awaiting your response before we will process your order.

Thanks,

Chris
MustangTuning.com
Customer "

Then the next day I got an email saying the order would be shipped on monday.

"Andrew,

Everything is fine. Your order should ship out on Monday.

Bob

MustangTuning.com"

So far no complaints - We will see If my opinion changes when the order arrives..!
Old 4/25/05, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by Giddyup+April 25, 2005, 4:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Giddyup @ April 25, 2005, 4:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@April 25, 2005, 2:07 PM
[/b][/quote]
I ordered from them and was very happy as well. Quick response and delivery.

p.s. I ordered a set of mats from them here is a pic

and if these are the mats your speaking of yes they are a nice fit, and much better made than the factory mats.
Old 4/25/05, 08:06 PM

back
Old 4/26/05, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Thought I would update everyone on my experiance with mustangtuning.com, its gotten worse.

I replied to their email Yesterday(4-25-05) at 2:00pm CST requesting they cancel my order and refund my creditcard, while their responses had been slow 15-20 minutes before, suddenly I get no response. I sent them another email at 4:30pm CST on 4-25-05 wishing to verify they received my previous email and again asking them to cancel my order.

I attempted to call them this morning at 9:15am CST, they open at 10:00am EST so they should have been open 15 minutes. Message says they are busy with a customer or closed. Call back at 9:45am CST, now 45 minutes after they open, Again I receive the same answering message.

The recording at the end of the call, says their mailbox is full, so I can't even leave them a message.

I have resolved myself that if I don't hear back from them that my order has been cancled or see my credit card be refunded by Noon on Wednesday I might have to dispute the charges with my credit card company.
Old 4/26/05, 11:01 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have never been able to get through with a phone call - only emails
but your starting to get me worried... I hope there are no issues!
Old 4/26/05, 05:01 PM

Ok, this thread has been brought to my attention and now im here to quell some rumors.

1) I (thats right I and I alone) answer the phones. I do what I can to answer the phones as best as I can in a timely manner. We have call waiting on the line which is why sometimes it doesnt seem like we are answering. I try and get the voicemails off every day and call everyone back within the same business day. Lately we have been getting busier and busier and its becoming more and more difficult to clear out the voicemail box. ESPECIALLY after a weekend (mind you thats 2 days of people calling, leaving messages when we are closed and nobody is there to answer them).

2) Bob and I do the best we can to keep you informed of any slowdowns or setbacks. As of the past two days I have been trying to get caught up on all of my e-mails because I was out of the office on Friday due to my grandfathers death. Yes, some of us at MT do have other real life things to attend to, some of which are very emotionally taxing. Its VERY hard for Bob and Bob alone to manage the office on his own. He doesnt even answer the e-mails on my accounts (RMA, Support, and Shipping). If you sent an e-mail, chances are ive gotten it.

3) I try my best to be in at 10am. Im really the only one who answers the phone. When im not here, things get slowed up. Lately its been a bit difficult with my current health situation and my family situation. I ask for a little slack in that sometimes I might not get your call within the first 15 minutes of the business opening.

4) We are doing our best to get orders in and out in a timely manner. Manufacturers sometimes dont help in this. We were not aware of the SLP problem until AFTER we received the SLP order, which wasnt until Monday. Things get delayed from the manufacturer, and its something that we dont have control over.

Frankly im very irrated that you come onto a form and trash MT when we have been doing the best we can, providing the circumstances of whats been going on. Why didnt you put this up on the Mustangtuning.com Forums? People would have told you there whats going on, but instead you go elsewhere to a place where nobody has a real answer, only speculations.

If you have a problem with the company, drop me an e-mail at support@mustangtuning.com. Ill answer it and ill read every word of it, like i do with just about all e-mails. It doesnt help to send 4 e-mails in the same day by the way, it annoys the heck out of Bob and myself.

Order Questions, or anything else, drop me a line at Support@mustangtuning.com. Ill handle it when i receive it.

And a thank you to those people who have ordered from us in the past. We appreciate your good words.

(This Post Reflects My opinions and my knowledge on the matters at hand. It does NOT reflect the opinions of the MT staff, or the parent company Xoxide.)

Sincerely,
Chris Chamblee
Mustangtuning.com Customer Support
Old 4/26/05, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered the floor mats on 4/17. Got an email the first business day saying they were out of stock and giving me options about how to proceed with my order. I replied that I would wait a few days until a new shipment arrived. Just got an email that they had shipped today.

I consider that good customer service and will likely order from them again.

Greg
Old 4/26/05, 10:09 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Chris -

I am Sorry to hear about your grandfather.. My condolences, its a tough time and I am sure most of us who are soliciting MT are more than willing to acknowledge your families loss and understand the impact this situation has on your small company when you have family obligations to attend to.

I am glad the thread was brought to your attention, in fact relieved. As it is I do not feel I have trashed your company. SO far I have no issues with MT. I actually responded in a positive manner to someone asking about your service because I saw the thread and wondered what was up and understandably felt a bit nervous about some of the comments I was reading.

Hopefully you keep track of this thread. The fact that you responded to it is good. It shows you care about the company and its customers.

Just a thought here - One thing that would be helpful is if you tell your customers with a confirmation email when an order is actually shipped - I suspect this will get rid of alot of excess email your receiving.

Thanks again
Andrew
Old 4/27/05, 05:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

{
I try my best to be in at 10am. Im really the only one who answers the phone. When im not here, things get slowed up. Lately its been a bit difficult with my current health situation and my family situation. I ask for a little slack in that sometimes I might not get your call within the first 15 minutes of the business opening.}
Chris -

You are confusing your problems with those of your customers. Are you looking for sympathy or more business? Folks in here are voicing real complaints with your business practices, I fail to see how that is trashing MT.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever order from Mustangtuning.com