2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone buy fusion key from remotehub on ebay? SOB scam me!!! Beware

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/08, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy fusion key from remotehub on ebay? SOB scam me!!! Beware

1 month ago I bought a fusion key on ebay for my mustang from a sell many members on here have bought from. The key arrived in used condition with scratches and dings everywhere. Apparently REMOTEHUB sells refurbish remotes with uncut keys.

I filed a claim with paypal because after a month they did not send me a new key after I sent back the old key. Today I check on ebay for their info and strange that they have change their ebay user name and change their feedback to private. Also they have recieved a lot of negative feedback in the recent month.

They also changed their location to Kazakhstan and their profile picture is Borat.

Remotehub is a freaken joke. Those that have bought from them should check their keys, because im pretty sure its a refurbished remote with an uncut key. Get your money back, because these keys will snap between where the key and remote meet. Not worth the money for a POS used key.

also here is a link to their ebay page

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Old 12/31/08, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by buffguy
1 month ago I bought a fusion key on ebay for my mustang from a sell many members on here have bought from. The key arrived in used condition with scratches and dings everywhere. Apparently REMOTEHUB sells refurbish remotes with uncut keys.

I filed a claim with paypal because after a month they did not send me a new key after I sent back the old key. Today I check on ebay for their info and strange that they have change their ebay user name and change their feedback to private. Also they have recieved a lot of negative feedback in the recent month.

They also changed their location to Kazakhstan and their profile picture is Borat.

Remotehub is a freaken joke. Those that have bought from them should check their keys, because im pretty sure its a refurbished remote with an uncut key. Get your money back, because these keys will snap between where the key and remote meet. Not worth the money for a POS used key.

also here is a link to their ebay page

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Thanks for the heads up. I dont mean to kick you when your down, but I know it takes alot for me to do business with someone with that many bad feedbacks in just one month or even as many has he has over the last six. Price or not, if they have more than a few bad feedbacks that cant be reasonably explained I wont purchase from that seller.

Hope it all works out for you.

Andretti
Old 1/1/09, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Andretti1
Thanks for the heads up. I dont mean to kick you when your down, but I know it takes alot for me to do business with someone with that many bad feedbacks in just one month or even as many has he has over the last six. Price or not, if they have more than a few bad feedbacks that cant be reasonably explained I wont purchase from that seller.

Hope it all works out for you.

Andretti

All the negative feedback was recent. Before that he had a clean feedback rating with many members from here stating they have bought from him.
Old 1/1/09, 12:46 PM
Cobra Member

i have had alot of trouble with ebay sellers in the past, sorry to hear that and thanks for the future heads up
Old 1/1/09, 03:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

8 years ago I sold a bunch of stuff on ebay to get rid of clutter around the house. Things like used auto parts, car models, etc.

One thing to beware of is fake positive feedback. I understand they would have friends, family members, or even having multiple accounts to make prices higher on their auctions to make more money.

Have not sold stuff in a few years and the major issue was 0 feedback bidders winning your auction and not paying. Ebay can be fun, but there are plenty of jerks on Ebay to make your life miserable and cheat you out of money. Buyer and seller beware. I sold over 200 items in a 5 Summer span of time while off for the 3 months (teacher vacation) and had only 6 deadbeats the whole time.

It is so difficult to know what and who you are dealing with. If I see someone who is a power seller, been on Ebay for 10+ years, and has 10,000+ feedback over 99% positive, you might have a good transaction. Anyone under 50 feedback and only selling/buying less then a year need to be dealt with very carefully. As with any system, it is never perfect and losing money is never what we hope to have happen. Good Luck.
Old 1/10/09, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I bought that key-in-a-fob unit from him and it looked brand new. The problem was, I can not use it with my 06 Mustang. The remote could not be programed to the 06. BUT, I could program it to my 00 Taurus, and my 05 Escape. AND I could program their remotes to the 06. I tried to program it to my friends 07 GT, No Joy on that too. So I asked for an rma to return it....

I sent it back USPS, no tracking number or signature required. I NEVER got my refund, and since it was after 30 days Paypal was not gonna even think about helping.

I tried to email him a few times, but got no reply. So I chalked that up to a learning experience.

I have just purchased this from ebay, 400016367666 but I didnt use paypal. I called the store and ordered off line. This way IF it doesnt work, Ill postal it back to him, give him a couple days to refund me, and if I dont get it, Ill simply dispute the charges with my credit card co.
Old 1/11/09, 03:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just bought a remote and key from this link. http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/ws...SA:MOTORS:1123
Very happy, brand new, shipped quickly and very professional.
Old 1/11/09, 08:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like they're trying to get out of the business and wanted to take as much money as they could before they did.
Old 1/12/09, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Im just chiming in here to let you all know.

I got my new key, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7666&viewitem= and the remote DOES work. I havent had the key cut yet as its snowing like all get out. But in the next couple of days I'll get the key cut. (it is suppose to be transponder also)

Now about this key.
It looks pretty good, cept the buttons are hard to read. (a lill paint in the recesses will fix that)
The silver and black is plastic, so we'll see how long it hold up.
If you have a ton of other crap on your key chain, your outta luck with this. (not a problem for me)
Is it worth 50 bucks? Well I donno.... I know the other http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...Q5fAccessories would have been nice as its a FORD key, but sadly it didnt work for me.

So as of now, all is good with this key.

Last edited by Busted; 1/12/09 at 03:05 PM.