2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anybody want to buy my Black GT/ Ford screwup

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jefffro@May 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
Dave:

Sorry to hear about ordering mixup. I've been looking for a black 05 with similar options as yours. I would be interested but $33,000 is a bit steep. Hope you have better luck when you order your 06.
Thank you for the civilized response. Dont blame you at all.
Old 5/11/05, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by holderca1@May 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
I would recommend if you don't want to keep the car as is, get your $2,000 deposit back and order another one. I think it would be more of a hassle to buy it then turn around reselling it. Also considering you may not to get to use X-Plan again if you sell it.
Exactly my point...except for the 2000 back, I dont want it, and I dont want C/U ever again, I think I am scarred for life after that 4 month bout! I want them to just get me a car ASAP on an order that has been already pulled, if Ford cant do this then I will take the 2000 and let the super nasty letters to the president of customer service begin :bang:
Old 5/11/05, 10:49 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys+May 11, 2005, 10:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 11, 2005, 10:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@May 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
I would recommend if you don't want to keep the car as is, get your $2,000 deposit back and order another one. I think it would be more of a hassle to buy it then turn around reselling it. Also considering you may not to get to use X-Plan again if you sell it.
Exactly my point...except for the 2000 back, I dont want it, and I dont want C/U ever again, I think I am scarred for life after that 4 month bout! I want them to just get me a car ASAP on an order that has been already pulled, if Ford cant do this then I will take the 2000 and let the super nasty letters to the president of customer service begin :bang:
[/b][/quote]
No, I meant get your $2,000 back now and still get a car ASAP. I don't think you should be required to have a deposit down after all that you went through. Heck, I never even had to put a deposit down period when I ordered my car.
Old 5/11/05, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys+May 11, 2005, 10:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 11, 2005, 10:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wjones14@May 11, 2005, 7:18 AM
Dave, what happened to the deal you made with the regional rep, where they said they could build you the car you ordered this week? Is that deal still available?
NO :bang:
[/b][/quote]

Oh man, now I see in the other thread that the Regional rep has backed off that deal and is now saying mid-June build date. Wonder what caused the change in his deal? Did he never really have the authority in the first place to get the mid-May build date, or did someone higher up in the food chain overrule him? Major

Either way, I can't understand why Ford isn't trying to make this better, seeing how you're innocent in all of this? :angry:

I'd go with 66's suggestion in the other thread, and go over the Regional guy's head. Just sounds like too many headaches involved in taking the black car with the intent of selling it...
Old 5/11/05, 11:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by wjones14+May 11, 2005, 11:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wjones14 @ May 11, 2005, 11:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@May 11, 2005, 10:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-wjones14
@May 11, 2005, 7:18 AM
Dave, what happened to the deal you made with the regional rep, where they said they could build you the car you ordered this week? Is that deal still available?

NO :bang:
Oh man, now I see in the other thread that the Regional rep has backed off that deal and is now saying mid-June build date. Wonder what caused the change in his deal? Did he never really have the authority in the first place to get the mid-May build date, or did someone higher up in the food chain overrule him? Major

Either way, I can't understand why Ford isn't trying to make this better, seeing how you're innocent in all of this? :angry:

I'd go with 66's suggestion in the other thread, and go over the Regional guy's head. Just sounds like too many headaches involved in taking the black car with the intent of selling it...
[/b][/quote]
The other dealer with the end of May order date did not want the black car early, so he would not trade the order for the car.
Going above the rep's head is my next plan...if he cant get me the mid june build at the same price level as ordered with the same protectins as x plan, then we will dance for sure, I am now really starting to run out of patience with this whole fiasco. after all, it is only a car, a material thing, my life will go on without this Stang in it...if Ford handles this situation like this, I wonder what Ford ownership will be like with problems and issues arising in the car???
Old 5/11/05, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

davids2toys,May 11, 2005, 12:41 PM]

First I've heard of MG being hard to maintain and showing so much dirt, in the past I have heard just the opposite about MG, however, I did not think it would hide dirt as well as silver or WVB or LL. I knew it would be some hassle but nothing like black i'm sure, black looks fantastic for about an hour after you wash it, i'm quite sure MG will blow that away by days, but it sounds like you would be the subject matter expert here, can you be a little more specific, exactly how much better is the Min Grey
One of the reasons I am not crazy about black on the 05 is because it is a flat shiny color and I love it, but I only love it on older vehicles and harleys with lots of chrome to offset it, JMHO. it also makes the lines of the car go away and blends into all the blackout areas of the car. Not a good color for an everyday driver IMO, again , upkeep!
And what is you experiance and opinion with dings, dents , and scratches when comparing the 2 colors?
This is my first Mineral Grey car. Yeah, I've heard the same from others about how easy it is to upkeep. While I didn't think it'd be as involved as a black car I am surprised at how often I do need to wash it. I washed it last Thursday afterwork before heading out. Saturday morning I was at my firehouse and my Capt. sees the car and shouts to me "wash that thing!". Only two days and I don't even use the car as a daily driver. It just got that bad in only a couple days. I don't know what it is but maybe b/c dirt is brown and MG has that "mineral" of the earth brown tint to it, it just contrasts it horribly and looks really bad when dirty.

I think nothing looks better than black when clean and I can see what you mean by some of the lines getting "lost" on a black car. I can wash my black truck and go around the block and it'd be dirty again so the MG does last a little bit longer but nothing like I expected. I thankfully don't have any dings, dents or scratches on my Mustang yet so I can't compare but I did run over a tree branch the other night. It blew across my path with no place to swerve (would've hit on-coming traffic) and if I stopped I would've risked being rear ended so I just drove over it. The next morning I looked and miraculously came out fine. There were some scrapes on the lower front air dam but they rubbed out with my finger tip.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the length folks.. I seem to always be long in my posts.
Old 5/11/05, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nothing better then an "I got hosed so now I'm going to hose someone else to make everything right." It's crappy they screwed up your order but either step back and wait for an 06 or buy the black one and be glad you have a new Mustang then trade it in after a year or two.
Old 5/11/05, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Dave....I thought you said you were asked the question of "what would make you happy" by someone with Ford? So what you are saying is that they reniged on this, and anything else? If the factory said that there was no mistake on their part, and that the order was changed......then it's pretty obvious who the culprit is: Your Dealership. :angry: At any rate, I hope you will never do business with them again, because you know what they say:..... 'Fool Me Once, Shame On You.....Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me'.
Old 5/11/05, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Just a thought, ever consider going with the black and having it striped in satin silver? A little less black to maintain. I know everyone has a suggestion so a response isn't nec.
Old 5/11/05, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@May 11, 2005, 4:55 AM
See this thread "5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN, Dont let this happen to you!"
I will have to make a decision on this car within the next day or so...it is mine to lose. There is a line of people waiting for me to say no on the sale so they can buy the car from the dealer at a big mark up. So from the advice from many on this site...maybe I should just take the x plan penalty of no car purchase for 6 months and buy the black car, just to sell it and pocket the profit and put it towards the 06 or save for the shelby. If anyone is interested, PM me immediately. This window of oppurtunity will be very very small at this point!!!
Considering i will have to pay sales tax and capital gain on the profit, And have been paying interest on the home equity loan I took to buy the car 5 and a half months ago I would want 33,000 to cover this and put a couple of 1000 in my pocket.
Also consider, I wont be able to get an 05 at all if I do this and who knows if the dealers will even except x plan for 06, even on an order, all the dealers around have not been excepting x plan on mustang orders for the last 4 months
05 Black Gt, 5 spd, dark chacoal int, IUP, prem, leather,shaker 500, active alarm, wheel locks, bullitts
Since you don't want black, why not just let the dealer sell it instead of you. You're out nothing by doing so, right? Why go through all the hassles of buying it, reselling it at a mark-up (to cover your taxes)?

Just go to another dealer you like and order an '06?
Old 5/12/05, 12:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 11, 2005, 1:33 PM
Nothing better then an "I got hosed so now I'm going to hose someone else to make everything right." It's crappy they screwed up your order but either step back and wait for an 06 or buy the black one and be glad you have a new Mustang then trade it in after a year or two.
hey dude, think what you like, i was not hosing anyone, I just thru it out there, period,,,,i really would not have gained a thing
the car is no longer for sale...The dealer ship ordered a new one today and the rep is going to expedite it....It will count against the dealers next allocation
Old 5/12/05, 12:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 11, 2005, 11:34 AM
davids2toys,May 11, 2005, 12:41 PM]

First I've heard of MG being hard to maintain and showing so much dirt, in the past I have heard just the opposite about MG, however, I did not think it would hide dirt as well as silver or WVB or LL. I knew it would be some hassle but nothing like black i'm sure, black looks fantastic for about an hour after you wash it, i'm quite sure MG will blow that away by days, but it sounds like you would be the subject matter expert here, can you be a little more specific, exactly how much better is the Min Grey
One of the reasons I am not crazy about black on the 05 is because it is a flat shiny color and I love it, but I only love it on older vehicles and harleys with lots of chrome to offset it, JMHO. it also makes the lines of the car go away and blends into all the blackout areas of the car. Not a good color for an everyday driver IMO, again , upkeep!
And what is you experiance and opinion with dings, dents , and scratches when comparing the 2 colors?
This is my first Mineral Grey car. Yeah, I've heard the same from others about how easy it is to upkeep. While I didn't think it'd be as involved as a black car I am surprised at how often I do need to wash it. I washed it last Thursday afterwork before heading out. Saturday morning I was at my firehouse and my Capt. sees the car and shouts to me "wash that thing!". Only two days and I don't even use the car as a daily driver. It just got that bad in only a couple days. I don't know what it is but maybe b/c dirt is brown and MG has that "mineral" of the earth brown tint to it, it just contrasts it horribly and looks really bad when dirty.

I think nothing looks better than black when clean and I can see what you mean by some of the lines getting "lost" on a black car. I can wash my black truck and go around the block and it'd be dirty again so the MG does last a little bit longer but nothing like I expected. I thankfully don't have any dings, dents or scratches on my Mustang yet so I can't compare but I did run over a tree branch the other night. It blew across my path with no place to swerve (would've hit on-coming traffic) and if I stopped I would've risked being rear ended so I just drove over it. The next morning I looked and miraculously came out fine. There were some scrapes on the lower front air dam but they rubbed out with my finger tip.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the length folks.. I seem to always be long in my posts.
Thanks for the info, i hope I dont feel the same way as you. I did notice that when mineral grey is dirty it does indeed look awful, I just did not realize how quick it got dirty....YIKES!
Old 5/12/05, 01:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@May 11, 2005, 1:49 PM
Dave....I thought you said you were asked the question of "what would make you happy" by someone with Ford? So what you are saying is that they reniged on this, and anything else? If the factory said that there was no mistake on their part, and that the order was changed......then it's pretty obvious who the culprit is: Your Dealership. :angry: At any rate, I hope you will never do business with them again, because you know what they say:..... 'Fool Me Once, Shame On You.....Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me'.
Yes he did renig on this, he told me he did not realize it was an x plan order when he said this to me, and he is not allowed to further discount it...The order was changed at the regional level, so it was not the dealers fault, it was Ford, but not the factory, they built what the order said( or I should say, was changed to).
Old 5/12/05, 02:01 AM
Cobra R Member

So david when our you expecting your #2 new car?
Old 5/12/05, 03:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+May 12, 2005, 2:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 12, 2005, 2:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Giddyup@May 11, 2005, 1:49 PM
Yes he did renig on this, he told me he did not realize it was an x plan order when he said this to me, and he is not allowed to further discount it...The order was changed at the regional level, so it was not the dealers fault, it was Ford, but not the factory, they built what the order said( or I should say, was changed to).
[/b][/quote]

Dave,
Just an uniformed question.

How does one's order get screwed up at the "regional level"?
Is this the line that they are giving you, or is there something that they showed you to prove this?

Not that it matters at what level, it's still Ford's problem, I'm just curious as to how many steps the order process goes through. Like they say, the more times it's touched, the better chance to screw it up.

I thought that when you placed an order through your dealer that was it.

It sounds like the dealer places the order with a regional entity and that entity then places the order with the factory?

Just curious how all of that works.

Another dumb question.

Can't the dealer do an inventory search and do a dealer trade?
Old 5/12/05, 09:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 12, 2005, 2:04 AM
So david when our you expecting your #2 new car?
End of June
Old 5/12/05, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66+May 12, 2005, 3:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ponyboy66 @ May 12, 2005, 3:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@May 12, 2005, 2:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Giddyup
@May 11, 2005, 1:49 PM

Dave,
Just an uniformed question.

How does one's order get screwed up at the "regional level"?
Is this the line that they are giving you, or is there something that they showed you to prove this?

Not that it matters at what level, it's still Ford's problem, I'm just curious as to how many steps the order process goes through. Like they say, the more times it's touched, the better chance to screw it up.

I thought that when you placed an order through your dealer that was it.

It sounds like the dealer places the order with a regional entity and that entity then places the order with the factory?

Just curious how all of that works.

Another dumb question.

Can't the dealer do an inventory search and do a dealer trade?
[/b][/quote]

It was changed some unknown reason on March 23rd, my order was placed on Dec 7.
The dealer thinks the office changed it because that had all the commodities issue and for some reason thoiught that my dealerships order should be changed to a black car...not realizing that it was a customers order, they changed the color, also I might add, that is allso the time that my order finally got pulled. Somebody just F##@ed up!!! :notnice:
Bottom line..the regional office went back in and physically changed the order
Old 5/12/05, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Funny how when it gets screwed up it seems ot be black. It happened to someone else on here a few weeks ago that theirs came in wrong color and I think it was black. I had a dealer call me last week offering me a GT they had in stock at MSRP. He said the customer backed out or something like that and the color was black and it was loaded. I wonder what the color most made on the GT is. probably not a coincidence if it is black.
Old 5/12/05, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

davids2toys Posted Today, 02:58 AM

Thanks for the info, i hope I dont feel the same way as you. I did notice that when mineral grey is dirty it does indeed look awful, I just did not realize how quick it got dirty....YIKES!
No prob! Despite what I wrote about MG being higher upkeep than I thought it would be, I do LOVE the color. It's probably just me being overly an*l more so than usual with keeping a car looking clean because I love this car!

You're gonna love it! Glad it's working out. End of June will be here before ya know it.
Old 5/12/05, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Things were simpler in the good ole days. Henry Ford said "they can have any color they want... so long as it's black." Maybe Hank's ghost is influencing the workers at the Flat Rock facility!

Sorry, Dave. I know you're having a hard time now. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to buy my Black GT/ Ford screwup