2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anybody want to buy my Black GT/ Ford screwup

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 02:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
See this thread "5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN, Dont let this happen to you!"
I will have to make a decision on this car within the next day or so...it is mine to lose. There is a line of people waiting for me to say no on the sale so they can buy the car from the dealer at a big mark up. So from the advice from many on this site...maybe I should just take the x plan penalty of no car purchase for 6 months and buy the black car, just to sell it and pocket the profit and put it towards the 06 or save for the shelby. If anyone is interested, PM me immediately. This window of oppurtunity will be very very small at this point!!!
Considering i will have to pay sales tax and capital gain on the profit, And have been paying interest on the home equity loan I took to buy the car 5 and a half months ago I would want 33,000 to cover this and put a couple of 1000 in my pocket.
Also consider, I wont be able to get an 05 at all if I do this and who knows if the dealers will even except x plan for 06, even on an order, all the dealers around have not been excepting x plan on mustang orders for the last 4 months
05 Black Gt, 5 spd, dark chacoal int, IUP, prem, leather,shaker 500, active alarm, wheel locks, bullitts
Old 5/11/05, 04:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is the same exact car I ordered...With the same build week. Hopefully Ford didn't botch my order as well.
Old 5/11/05, 05:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:scratch:
Old 5/11/05, 05:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Are you in a financial position to buy the '05 and drive it for a year or two until you can get X-plan on an '06 or '07 the way you want it and trade at that time? At least you will have a GT until then.

I ended up with my second choice in color when I realized my X-plan order might never get built so bought out of dealer stock at MSRP. No regrets overall, although I might consider trading for a vert in a year or two if I can get one on X-plan then and resale value of my '05 stays strong.
Old 5/11/05, 06:24 AM
Banned

I say buy it. Mess ups happen all the time, if you pass on it, you wont get an 2005.......take it , love it, drive it, and in a few years sell it to buy an 2007 or something!!

After all this time, you would be crazy to let it go. JMO!
Old 5/11/05, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

dave,
Here is some info from the x-plan web site. You prob already know this but just in case I thought I'd post it.
If you buy using X-plan and sell with-in 6months, The privilege to participate in the x-plan may be withdrawn or suspended, and The Partner Recognition participant may be required to reimburse the Company for the full amount of the dealer commission paid.

Also,What happen to the one they had lined-up for you being built at end of this month?

bill
Old 5/11/05, 07:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats right, I heard the same thing about having to own the car at least six months after bying it on an X-plan.

I would keep it. I love the 05. Black is not my first choice, but I like it enough to keep it. But that is my opinion.
Old 5/11/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dave, what happened to the deal you made with the regional rep, where they said they could build you the car you ordered this week? Is that deal still available?
Old 5/11/05, 08:38 AM
V6 Member

"Considering i will have to pay sales tax and capital gain on the profit, And have been paying interest on the home equity loan I took to buy the car 5 and a half months ago I would want 33,000 to cover this and put a couple of 1000 in my pocket."

Wow - all the "no x-plan, darn greed dealers" crud I've read on the chat boards, and now the "regular guy, screwed over x-plan buyer" needs $33K for a GT coupe so he can "put a couple $1000 in his pocket after paying for his TTL and CAPITAL GAINS ON THE PROFIT?????"

Wow - lucky we stumbled upon this site so we could get a great DEAL like this.

You're as bad as the worst dealer you ever criticized... you have big giant nads of stone to post this "offer".

HURRY - IT WON'T LAST AT THIS PRICE!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 5/11/05, 09:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, some deal you got there, I got mine for the same options listed about plus I got the side airbags and paid $8,000 less than that. You do realize that the person that buys that from you has to pay TTL on top of that as well.
Old 5/11/05, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by onetorquedhorse@May 11, 2005, 4:31 AM
That is the same exact car I ordered...With the same build week. Hopefully Ford didn't botch my order as well.
call ford and confirm your color
Old 5/11/05, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@May 11, 2005, 7:10 AM
dave,
Here is some info from the x-plan web site. You prob already know this but just in case I thought I'd post it.
If you buy using X-plan and sell with-in 6months, The privilege to participate in the x-plan may be withdrawn or suspended, and The Partner Recognition participant may be required to reimburse the Company for the full amount of the dealer commission paid.

Also,What happen to the one they had lined-up for you being built at end of this month?

bill
Bill, yes, I am familiar with the X plan rules but I did not know they could take the privaledge away...geeesh!
This is a post I responded to in the original GT letdown thread this morning " Hey Tom,
Can you believe the dealer who was going to get the car early shot the deal down, what a tard, if I was a dealer I would have snatched it right up.
truthfully Tom, I could care less about selling it, I just want my car. Selling it will be a big hassle, and dealing with idiots, I have heard to many ebay horror stories, and I will have penalties for selling it as far as using x plan again and Uncle Sam, but now that the rep told me he cant discount it at all, I really dont have any interest in it at all...I dont have time to get the things I need to do done now...forget about maintaining black paint on a new car, and in 2 years of the work parking lot this car will look like poop, heck , if I wanted to sell it in 3 or 4 years I will have to deduct 2ooo.oo just for dings dents and scratches.........I'm passing.
The thought of ordering an 06 is also a little scary, will bullitts be the standard wheel, will they have my color option , how much are they going to jack the price up.....these and many more unknowns
What a perdicament( spelled wrong I'm sure)!!!
Old 5/11/05, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by wjones14@May 11, 2005, 7:18 AM
Dave, what happened to the deal you made with the regional rep, where they said they could build you the car you ordered this week? Is that deal still available?
NO :bang:
Old 5/11/05, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dave,

My '05 Mineral Grey shows just about as much dirt as my black truck. When I first ordered back at Thanksgiving I was offered a black GT that was unclaimed, built and in-bound just like the same specs I wanted on my Mineral Grey. Could've had it in 3 weeks. I passed b/c I didn't want the upkeep that comes with another black vehicle. Well, so far I've washed my Mineral Grey on average 2-3 times per week to keep it looking clean..EVERYTHING shows.. it's not light enough of a color to hide the dirt! I had a bright silver '92 vert which did hide everything. I got compliments on it all the time of how nice a job I did washing it when it wasn't washed. Get Satin silver if you don't want to see dirt.

So you're not losing anything "upkeep" wise if you take the black one. Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.
Old 5/11/05, 10:15 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mark05GTCon@May 11, 2005, 8:41 AM
"Considering i will have to pay sales tax and capital gain on the profit, And have been paying interest on the home equity loan I took to buy the car 5 and a half months ago I would want 33,000 to cover this and put a couple of 1000 in my pocket."

Wow - all the "no x-plan, darn greed dealers" crud I've read on the chat boards, and now the "regular guy, screwed over x-plan buyer" needs $33K for a GT coupe so he can "put a couple $1000 in his pocket after paying for his TTL and CAPITAL GAINS ON THE PROFIT?????"

You're as bad as the worst dealer you ever criticized... you have big giant nads of stone to post this "offer".

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
:nono: :nono:
Old 5/11/05, 10:16 AM
FR500 Member

maybe if the interior was red
Old 5/11/05, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Mark05GTCon@May 11, 2005, 8:41 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Hey Mark, it is just an option, I really have no interest in selling the car at all, if I did I would be in the buisiness, in a way I hear you, I would not by it either...You my friend missed the whole point here. I dont know how long you waited for your car or if you even have a stang at all.
I have been impatiently waiting since Dec 7 2004, it is now May 11 2005, you do the math. I even had to writer letters to Ford to get this car finally built
As I said, it is just an option if someone really wanted that car, because it is just going to get sold anyway.
and if you are going to quote, please dont take it out of context, I never said I needed the money like you are making it seem, do the math and consider all the risks and consequences, and see what you come up with. I just "needed" this amount to cover all the BS and expenses connected with this car from start to finish,( including the sale )..I will give you the benefit of the doubt here, maybe you do not know whole story and the fact I left a 2000 dep( paying int since Dec), took a home equity loan right away because I was assured by the dealer of a maximum wait of 6 to 8 weeks. Plus, I probaly will not be able to use the x-plan again if I was to sell car,
so I probably would lose $ on the purchase of an 06 that I will probably have to buy at sticker plus any increases over the present 05 price..and lets not forget sales tax , property tax, capital gains tax, insurance while I am waiting to sell, storage and responsibility, selling hassles by morons. Now looking at all the cons of this venture, I think I priced it to low. I think i now NEED 38000.00...lol
I'm not going to flame you as you flamed me (this time), you are entitled to your opinion...I would be interested in your opinion of Ford in all of this??:angry:
Old 5/11/05, 10:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend if you don't want to keep the car as is, get your $2,000 deposit back and order another one. I think it would be more of a hassle to buy it then turn around reselling it. Also considering you may not to get to use X-Plan again if you sell it.
Old 5/11/05, 10:28 AM

Dave:

Sorry to hear about ordering mixup. I've been looking for a black 05 with similar options as yours. I would be interested but $33,000 is a bit steep. Hope you have better luck when you order your 06.
Old 5/11/05, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 11, 2005, 10:13 AM
Dave,

My '05 Mineral Grey shows just about as much dirt as my black truck. When I first ordered back at Thanksgiving I was offered a black GT that was unclaimed, built and in-bound just like the same specs I wanted on my Mineral Grey. Could've had it in 3 weeks. I passed b/c I didn't want the upkeep that comes with another black vehicle. Well, so far I've washed my Mineral Grey on average 2-3 times per week to keep it looking clean..EVERYTHING shows.. it's not light enough of a color to hide the dirt! I had a bright silver '92 vert which did hide everything. I got compliments on it all the time of how nice a job I did washing it when it wasn't washed. Get Satin silver if you don't want to see dirt.

So you're not losing anything "upkeep" wise if you take the black one. Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.
First I've heard of MG being hard to maintain and showing so much dirt, in the past I have heard just the opposite about MG, however, I did not think it would hide dirt as well as silver or WVB or LL. I knew it would be some hassle but nothing like black i'm sure, black looks fantastic for about an hour after you wash it, i'm quite sure MG will blow that away by days, but it sounds like you would be the subject matter expert here, can you be a little more specific, exactly how much better is the Min Grey
One of the reasons I am not crazy about black on the 05 is because it is a flat shiny color and I love it, but I only love it on older vehicles and harleys with lots of chrome to offset it, JMHO. it also makes the lines of the car go away and blends into all the blackout areas of the car. Not a good color for an everyday driver IMO, again , upkeep!
And what is you experiance and opinion with dings, dents , and scratches when comparing the 2 colors?

Quick Reply: Anybody want to buy my Black GT/ Ford screwup