2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any Floridians out there

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/04, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a call from Jarrett Ford in Plant City, which is right outside of Tampa. I'm going to drive out there right now to check out their only GT, which is Silver with an automatic (why an automatic? WEAK!). I called several dealers in the Tampa area after receiving the call from Jarrett to see if there were any cars locately, here in Tampa, but unfortantely they all haven't received their cars yet. I guess the trip to Plant City wont be that bad Can't wait to take the car for a spin around the block!
Old 10/20/04, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Mespo79@October 20, 2004, 11:29 AM
Just got a call from Jarrett Ford in Plant City, which is right outside of Tampa. I'm going to drive out there right now to check out their only GT, which is Silver with an automatic (why an automatic? WEAK!). I called several dealers in the Tampa area after receiving the call from Jarrett to see if there were any cars locately, here in Tampa, but unfortantely they all haven't received their cars yet. I guess the trip to Plant City wont be that bad Can't wait to take the car for a spin around the block!
That's like 10min from where I live. A diversion on the way home tonight is in order!
Old 10/20/04, 09:59 AM
GT Member

I just talked to my dealer (Bill Currie Ford) about an hour ago. He said they just got their first two in, but unfortunately, neither one is mine. Mine should be here later this week. Can't wait. But at least we know that someone in the Tampa area has some now.

Old 10/20/04, 02:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Bullitt1609@October 20, 2004, 12:02 PM
I just talked to my dealer (Bill Currie Ford) about an hour ago. He said they just got their first two in, but unfortunately, neither one is mine. Mine should be here later this week. Can't wait. But at least we know that someone in the Tampa area has some now.

Currie got 3 V6 models - white, red (not sure if torch or redfire) and gray.
Old 10/20/04, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

HEY guys,
I picked up my mineral grey GT yesterday (10-19) from Mulinax (first one delivered, ordered in June). This car is fantastic....faster than my '01 Bullit and more comfortable. This color is GREAT with the red seats...you guys are going love your cars!
Old 10/20/04, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Mespo79@October 20, 2004, 11:29 AM
Well I stopped by there on the way home, around 640pm. Not one single picture, anywhere, does this car justice. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate it. It looks like it was machined out of a solid block of aluminum just sitting there. The interior is incredible. I could have driven it, but want to drive a 5spd. I know I know But I will tell you this - anyone who's inclined to purchase from Jarrett Ford in Plant City, this car had no extra mark ups. With the auto and a few other things (IUP, upgraded wheels) it was just under $28K.

Also, while I was on I-4 east bound just past 301, I saw a car carrier with a yellow 05 on the back of it. It was too far away and at a bad angle to tell if there were more on there, but there's no doubt it was headed to Brandon Ford at 301 & SR60. But there's also a good chance those douche bags will tack on a "market adjustment" :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:
Old 10/22/04, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Jarrett Ford sold their silver GT yesterday. they left me a message around noon and the car was sold by six. My father and i are going to drive a redfire V6 auto today(WEAK). But it is still going to be awesome!
Old 10/22/04, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

My dad just got done with the test-drive(they wouldn't let me drive it :angry: ). The car was awesome. It has the Premo package and the IUP in it. The redfire looks great, but I am holding out for the Mineral Grey!! The 4.0 V6 sounds pretty dog-on good (for a V6 B) ). I can't wait for a GT with a manual. We drove the car at Lakeland Automall. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!
Old 10/27/04, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's here!!! It's here!!! It's here!!

The salesman called about an hour ago and said my GT is in!!!!!!!

GT Deluxe, Mineral Grey, Bullitt wheels, Dark Charcoal with IUP and auto trans

I ordered about first week of June and for the past 2 weeks they've known it was built but had no word on shipping!

The wife and I go down tomorrow to pick it up. I should have pix on Friday.

Old 10/27/04, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

greenway ford has been selling em as fast as they come in for the past week and a half
Old 10/27/04, 04:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MTAS@October 21, 2004, 12:50 AM
It looks like it was machined out of a solid block of aluminum just sitting there. The interior is incredible. I could have driven it, but want to drive a 5spd. I know I know But I will tell you this - anyone who's inclined to purchase from Jarrett Ford in Plant City, this car had no extra mark ups. With the auto and a few other things (IUP, upgraded wheels) it was just under $28K.

Also, while I was on I-4 east bound just past 301, I saw a car carrier with a yellow 05 on the back of it. It was too far away and at a bad angle to tell if there were more on there, but there's no doubt it was headed to Brandon Ford at 301 & SR60. But there's also a good chance those douche bags will tack on a "market adjustment" :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:
I have been thinking the same thing for the last few days, about it looking like it was Machined from a Solid Piece of Steel or Aluminum, and after Test Driving a V6 it Feels like it too! :worship: I went to Brandon Ford with my Mom last Friday and We Test Drove a V6 Mineral Grey with Parchment Cloth, No IUP, Auto of Course, and I have to say the car was SWEET! They also had a Screaming Yellow, and a Black V6, both with Dark Charcoal Cloth and NO IUP.

They had One Torch Red, GT with the Red Interior Accent Package but it was already sold, and the Owners Boyfiend was there to drive it, and Pick it up, so No GT Test Drives! But the Biggest suprised was that they are N-O-T Adding a Markup to them, but they are also NOT Selling them for less than MRSP.

I Also went to Bill Currie Ford, They were Closed and the only 2 they had were inside the Showroom, a Torch Red, and a Mineral Grey. Both were V6's with NO IUP, Red had Parchment, and Grey had Lt Graphite. So I couldn't see if they are asking more than MRSP.
Old 10/28/04, 06:38 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ChrisM@October 27, 2004, 3:33 PM

I ordered about first week of June and for the past 2 weeks they've known it was built but had no word on shipping!

AWESOME man!!
Congrats!!!

Except that I ordered Black, the options you got are identical to mine - get some pics up of that puppy pronto.
Old 10/28/04, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TampaBear67+October 27, 2004, 6:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaBear67 @ October 27, 2004, 6:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MTAS@October 21, 2004, 12:50 AM
It looks like it was machined out of a solid block of aluminum just sitting there. The interior is incredible. I could have driven it, but want to drive a 5spd. I know I know But I will tell you this - anyone who's inclined to purchase from Jarrett Ford in Plant City, this car had no extra mark ups. With the auto and a few other things (IUP, upgraded wheels) it was just under $28K.

I have been thinking the same thing for the last few days, about it looking like it was Machined from a Solid Piece of Steel or Aluminum, and after Test Driving a V6 it Feels like it too! :worship: I went to Brandon Ford with my Mom last Friday and We Test Drove a V6 Mineral Grey with Parchment Cloth, No IUP, Auto of Course, and I have to say the car was SWEET! They also had a Screaming Yellow, and a Black V6, both with Dark Charcoal Cloth and NO IUP.

They had One Torch Red, GT with the Red Interior Accent Package but it was already sold, and the Owners Boyfiend was there to drive it, and Pick it up, so No GT Test Drives! But the Biggest suprised was that they are N-O-T Adding a Markup to them, but they are also NOT Selling them for less than MRSP.

I Also went to Bill Currie Ford, They were Closed and the only 2 they had were inside the Showroom, a Torch Red, and a Mineral Grey. Both were V6's with NO IUP, Red had Parchment, and Grey had Lt Graphite. So I couldn't see if they are asking more than MRSP.
[/b][/quote]
Well then that's a pleasant surprise about Brandon Ford. A buddy of mine actually drove that red GT last Friday. He had nothing but positive things to say about it. Thanks for the write up!
Old 11/1/04, 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Burke0011+October 28, 2004, 6:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Burke0011 @ October 28, 2004, 6:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ChrisM@October 27, 2004, 3:33 PM

AWESOME man!!
Congrats!!!

Except that I ordered Black, the options you got are identical to mine - get some pics up of that puppy pronto.
[/b][/quote]
I picked the 2005 on Thursday and it's everything I hoped it would be! Here's an attempt to provide a picture. Let's see how this one works - if so I'll post more and add some thoughts about how the car works.

B)
Old 11/1/04, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Let's try this size.
Old 11/1/04, 09:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

That's better - here's another:
Old 11/1/04, 09:15 AM
Team Mustang Source