2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any Floridians out there

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To do List: Monday, October 18, 2004
1. Call dealer to see if car is in! Priority 1
2. Call my distributor in Tampa to see if they've seen ponies at the railhead.
3. If negative results from #1 & #2, call to make appt. with Doctor
Old 10/17/04, 10:10 PM

my to do list
1. try to stop dreamin of driving the new stang and waking up realizing it was a dream and start crying
2. looking at the vacant area in the garage seeing images of the stang sitting there only to run up to it and realize it isnt
3. remove all the local ford dealerships off of speed dial
4. try to stop dreamin of driving oh oops that was number 1 there i go again....guess the only cure is to get that stang
Old 10/17/04, 10:14 PM

I think that's what the doc would prescribe!
Old 10/17/04, 11:17 PM

best of luck 169stang keep us up to date for us fellow floridians
Old 10/18/04, 12:17 AM
Cobra Member

Hey, ballz... what color is the interior of the V6 at Mike Shad? And how difficult was it to tell them that you just wanted to see the car? I'm hesitant, because I don't want the salesmen to give me any crap about buying a car.
Old 10/18/04, 12:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was getting out of my car and already had a salesman on my hiney! I told him I still had 4 years of payments on my Stang. I told him if he'd give me $18k for my 2002 V6 we could make a deal. He of course shrugged it off.

Still he didn't hassle me. He got the keys for me and we started it up, popeed the hood and trunk and . . . not much else.

Honestly I've forgotten the interior color because it wasn't my focus at the time. I know it wasn't the red interior. It did have the Shaker 1000 though. And I'm thinking right now that it was the medium parchment interior.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help!
Old 10/18/04, 12:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you choose legend lime on the Ford Direct site it only gives medium parchment and dark charcoal as color choices. That makes me prety confident that it was the parchment.
Old 10/18/04, 12:37 AM
MIL

Man the worst thing about the longer wait is something keeps coming up and my Downpayment keeps getting smaller {darn that $300 Speeding Ticket}...
Old 10/18/04, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Sawgrass Ford in south Florida currently has two GTs, one Torch Red sitting in the showroom and one Fire Red that was outside, with a SOLD sign on it. The Torch Red had a red interior and boy did that clash with the outside... NOT good! But other than that.... great car. Man it's so much better than in pictures. They had to get a bucket to remove all my drewl from it LOL.

Nice people btw, not pushy at all, and no markups. So people in South Florida, forget about Metro Miami and go here!
Old 10/18/04, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

greenway ford in orlando has 4 gt's 2 red, one sonic blue, and a silver
Old 10/19/04, 03:39 PM

Drove by my dealer at Hub City Ford in Crestview and there sat 3 05,s.
Performance White, Redfire (mine) and Black. All GTs. Wow do they look cool in person. Thinking I should have ordered black, it really looked cool. But love the redfire too. I am picking it up tomorrow. I hope you see this "holderca1". the white and black are not taken yet, I got X plan but they said the other 2 are $ 30,000.00.
Old 10/19/04, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Went to Mike Davidson today and saw the 05 for the first time in person. They only have a windveil V6, but it was still nice to see it for the first time in person. The car was apparently at the Jags game on the field when we spanked the chiefs this past sunday. The car is not for sale...and good thing! The car has tons of problems. It is apparently one of their test cars from earlier and it has taken a beating. the outside looked ok, but the stereo didn't work and the trunk had some issues. There was one thing that i noticed that was interesting and news to me. The trunk opening from the back seat is significantly smaller than my 03. I believe that it is the hump from the axle raising the trunk up right at the area where the trunk meets the back seat. Some might say who cares, but since I stick my surfboard in my car instead of leaving it on my racks during the day, I don't believe that it would fit in the new setup. Other than that, it is gorgeous inside. It had the my color feature which it took a bit of programming to change but was quite cool. The steering wheel is a lot closer to the dash than the 99-04 stang and it may have telescoped, but i did not test that. The other thing of note is that it had the 'spinner' wheels on it. the little spinner thing attached was very cheep and plastic. I could spin the thing with my finger. The salesman i talked to said that when the GT's come in, they plan on placing a $3,500 premium on them which i just laughed at. He is like "it is well worth it" RIIIIGGGHHT. I took a picture with my camera phone, but it is nothing special....but i do have a new wallpaper on my phone. I hope I added some helpful info. to any local jax people. Have a great day and GO BUSH!!!!!!
Old 10/19/04, 04:26 PM

Well, I called my dealer this morning, No go. He said someone told him the cars should arrive later this week. So I called my distributor in Tampa (backed to railhead) and they told me they've been looking everyday since I told them about the mustang, but none yet.
Old 10/19/04, 04:37 PM

long time visitor, first time poster.

i called a guy i kno in the parts department over at maroone ford in miami today, he said that a black v6 came in this morning, i also checked out their inventory at the ford webstie and it listed two GTs that i'm guessing should be there this weekend, gonna go with my pops and see about getting a test drive. cant wait.

oh btw, the msrp showed up around 24k, for a v6! ridiculous.
Old 10/19/04, 04:48 PM

I live in the Orlando area and have had my 05 Sonic Blue Mustang on order since June.

Order was pulled September 14, 2004 and I was told Tuesday, October 12 is was on a truck on its way.

Talked to my Dealer today and it is not in yet; however "Mullinax" Ford in Orlando has reported selling one for $2,500 OVER MSRP!!! What a rip OFF!!

B)
Old 10/19/04, 05:26 PM
MIL

I live in Orlando too... I went to Sunstate Ford and they stated they had a black GT that sold in less than 5 minutes and they had a Silver automatic GT parked on the side...

I just got my VIN today and he said I could get my car in 3 weeks...
Old 10/20/04, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Advantage Ford in Stuart got their first in yesterday, it's a black GT with IUP, charcoal leather and auto.
Old 10/20/04, 08:38 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 10/20/04, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I live up in the panhandle in Gulf Breeze (right outside of Pensacola) and Gulf Breeze Ford just got a redfire GT w/ dark charcoal interior in yesterday morning. I'm having my '82 mustang painted this week so I'm without a car, luckily I had my dads car yesterday for school. Anyway, last night coming home at about 7:15 I decided to stop at the dealer just to see if they happened to have one. As soon as I pulled in I noticed it in the showroom, a sales rep. came over to me as soon as I parked and we started talking and then went into the showroom.. OMG, I was trying to stay calm but I was freaking on the inside. :worship: It's the first time I've seen one in person, and I think it looks so much better in person and I thought the pics looked great. I got to sit in it and check out under the hood. The sales rep. told me he was amazed by the amount of people coming in the entire day to see the car and take pictures with it. I talked to the guy for about 15 minutes and he gave me the brochure and everything. Unfortunately I had to get headed home but I didn't want to leave. I told my parents when I got home and we're going back saturday morning the check it out..
Old 10/20/04, 09:04 AM

FYI......
MNERAL GREY GT ARRIVED LASTNIGHT AT GARY SMITH FORD IN FORT WALTON BEACH FLORIDA. GM, SAYS ITS FOR SALE!!!!

Quick Reply: Any Floridians out there