2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anti theft problems

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/05 | 07:03 PM
GT Member

So I got in my car last night and armed the system to test the motion sensor for the anti theft... armed it, sat still for 1 minute to be sure it was armed.... and then just started moving round and turning the steering wheel- Nothing. I ran my hand about 2 inched from the sensor and now it goes off... is there a way to get this to work any better?
Old 7/4/05 | 08:53 PM
FR500 Member

I don't know of any adjustment to the sensors. When I first got my car I remember my cell phone ringing inside the car and I reached thru and brought it out thru the open window and answered it. About ten minutes later I reached in for my jacket and the alarm went off. My problem with it now is if I leave the windows down, the alarm goes off when someone walks by the car. If I can't figure out when the alarm is going to sound, I guess a thief won't know either.
Old 7/5/05 | 05:50 AM
Bullitt Member

There was a thread about six months ago, where someone posted instructions on changing the alarm's sensitivity.
I've tried looking for it, but can't find it. However, if it is important to you, you might want to spend some time digging through the forum.
Old 7/5/05 | 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't forget that it takes about 20 seconds (check the owners manual for the exact time span) for the alarm to arm itself after it has been activated.
Old 7/5/05 | 07:15 AM
GT Member

I tested mine a few days ago. I armed it and waited a minute, and then reached in the open window. The alarm went off. Since then, I've tried to do it again, and nothing. I've waited a few minutes, reached in, and it is silent.

I'm not doing anything differently than I did the first time, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work.
Old 7/5/05 | 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fellser@July 5, 2005, 8:18 AM
I tested mine a few days ago. I armed it and waited a minute, and then reached in the open window. The alarm went off. Since then, I've tried to do it again, and nothing. I've waited a few minutes, reached in, and it is silent.

I'm not doing anything differently than I did the first time, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work.
I'm kind of glad I didn't get this. Though it would have been nice. Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the detector? My motorcycle has a proximity sensor, and I can adjust that through the program. Does the Mustang Anti-Theft have this capability? Maybe it is just a dealer controlled option. If so, I would take it into their place and make sure you are there when they adjust it, so you can adjust it to your liking.