2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Another one Takes a hit

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/06, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear that you are ok, but that really sucks about your stang. Good Luck and be safe.
Old 3/8/06, 07:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry that sucks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] glad you are OK.
Old 3/8/06, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Holy crap man, I am sorry to hear about that. What an idiot. This person is totally irresponsible...
Old 3/8/06, 07:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad you're ok. Really sorry to hear about this [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 07:49 AM
GT Member

Sorry to hear that. I know how attached you can be to Sonic Blue! The only bad thing is that you might end up having to pay your deductible on your insurance. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] Good luck!! Glad to hear you weren't hurt. I just think it's funny that no one seems to care if she was hurt. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 07:59 AM

Sorry that really sucks, glad you are ok..
Old 3/8/06, 10:01 AM
FR500 Member

Really sorry to hear about your car. I can tell you the frame is definitely bent. My frame was bent after my wreck, and it wasn't near as bad as that. Also, my damage was so much less damage and it costed close to $10k to fix. Looking at your pics. you could possibly be looking at a total there.

I tell you what... when I get my car back I am going to drive very defensively. I might actually stop at green lights like they are 4-way stops. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] The number of idiot drivers out there these days is getting higher and higher, which makes your chances of coming into contact with one greater. I may think about moving to a smaller town too. Whatever it takes. I have been without my car for three months know after my wreck. I couldn't handle another one of those.
Old 3/8/06, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, that looks worse than my $9,000 front end hit. Not to make you feel worse then you already do. When mine got backed into, i was sick for a week. To look at it now, you would never know it got hit. I was lucky, i didn't have any frame damage... good luck.
Old 3/8/06, 11:02 AM
GT Member

My worst nightmare! It would be bad enough if I did something stupid to crash my car, but I would loose my mind if some low-life scum bag donkey named jack caused me to crash.

It is interesting to see the airbag deployment. The center cap on the steering wheel splits in half to allow the bag to come out. Sorry, that's my cop investigation thing coming out.

Shaking my head about your loss....
Old 3/8/06, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayguy @ March 7, 2006, 7:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was just reading my signature. I haven't actually installed the MRT hood struts yet, was going to paint the brackets on Sunday, then install them. I wanted them to match the rest of the car. Saturday kind of killed that for now. I'm waiting to see what the insurance guy says, then I might do the painting to get ready, or I might have an aerasol (sp?) can of Sonic Blue for sale. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] I think I'll stop by a local dealer to night to take another look at Vista Blue, but from what I've seen, it's just not as purty as Sonic Blue (IMO). My original second choice was Redfire, so since that's still available I might go with that, although I like Vista Blue also. Definitely gonna get the Parchment interior again, I really like it.

I guess the crush points they design in work well, I never even hit the airbag. It brushed my left hand on the steering wheel, that was it.

It kinda sucks waiting for the appraiser to do his thing, but I'd rather he did a good, detailed job than to rush it and make mistakes.

I just hope I'll have a chance to get the parts I've added out before they auction it off or whatever.
Oh yeah, about the other driver. She didn't speak english. She didn't have a drivers license or any ID at all on her. She didn't have insurance. And, she wasn't the registered owner of the car. My insurance company is going after the registered owner, hopefully he had insurance. Although, that shouldn't affect me at all, my company fixes or replaces my car, then get's what they can from the other guy or his insurance company. At least that's how it's supposed to work.
[/b][/quote]

Yep good thing Mr. Bush is pushing to allow illegal aliens amnesty so we can have more of this stuff happen!
Old 3/8/06, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks all.

I don't know if she's illegal, but I wouldn't doubt it. No cell phone in the car though, they were just cruising on through like they were the only car on the road.

The more I look at it, the more sure I am that the frame is bent. The front of the engine looks like it's sitting higher than normal in the close up side pic. You can see my Plenum cover in there to make it easier to see how it's sitting. I did look in to see if my C&L was ok, and it looked to be in one piece, but I won't know for sure until I can get the hood open.

The more I think about it, I'll be ok if they total it. Redfire was my second choice, and it looks good with a parchment interior also. Saw a couple of them on a lot last night, with the new 18" wheels (both fan blades and the 18" bullits). Only thing I don't like about the factory 18" rims is they're not wide enough.

I should hear tomorrow what they say, the last I heard was the appraiser had looked at it and just needed to upload the report, but I don't know what the verdict was yet. I'll post what the verdict is. As for the parts, some will be coming with me, and I might be able to get the mirror inserts off alright. Sucks, I just put them on 2 weeks ago. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

And the flowmasters were just put on a month ago. At least I won't have to go buy all those parts again. The Steeda pullies might be tougher to get off though.

I've been driving pretty defensively all week, even in the rental. I'm sure I'm going to be a lot more careful once I get the car situation straightened out, too.
Old 3/8/06, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

darn ... that really sucks man. I just noticed though what happen to the passenger side airbag, did it not go off?
Old 3/8/06, 09:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmon2000 @ March 8, 2006, 9:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sorry to hear that. I know how attached you can be to Sonic Blue! The only bad thing is that you might end up having to pay your deductible on your insurance. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] Good luck!! Glad to hear you weren't hurt. I just think it's funny that no one seems to care if she was hurt. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
That part my not be true. When I had my accident last year when I was rear ended [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] , The other company covered everything, even my deductible. I paid the deductible to the body shop and then the other driver's insurance company sent me out a check for that amount [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] . But agreeing with other's I'd say for sure the frame rail's are toast. Hope you get back on the road soon and glad to hear you were not hurt! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll bet $20 she was illegal. They should deport her sorry #@$# and then go after the "registered" owner for all he's worth. Unfortunately, it'll probably be like trying to get blood from a stone.

I hope you're pressing charges, too. Unlicensed driver, no insurance, failure to stop, etc.

Nothing chaps me more then irresponsible drivers/owners of vehicles.
Old 3/9/06, 12:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Man, I' really sorry for you. They say misery loves company, so, if it helps at all, you're not alone. I just started a thread on my accident. I'm right there with you, and I wish you all of the best.
Old 3/9/06, 01:03 PM
FR500 Member

she should have been arrested on the scene
Old 3/9/06, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

You know whats wierd is, none of these wreaks have been weather related. It was nice and sunny when mine happen, I mean, it is winter time.
Old 3/9/06, 05:44 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got the word, Total Loss. The insurance company has "Loss Adjusters" and I'm supposed to be called by one tomorrow to work out the next steps.

This sucks. It's a good car from the firewall back. I'm going to have to go pull of all the parts I put on it. Flowmasters less than 1000 miles ago, Saleen short-shifter adapter 2 weeks ago, Midwest mirror inserts 3 weeks ago, MGW stuff inside, WebElectric taillight sequencers, C&L intake (that might be damaged though). Does anyone know if there's a way to use my Predator on the next car and wipe out the fact I've used it on this one?

Good thing I haven't done rims or suspension yet. This sucks.

The passenger airbag didn't go off because I didn't have a passenger.
Side airbags didn't go off either, because it wasn't a side impact.

I do plan on getting another Mustang, but not sure if it'll be immediately or if I'll wait and order an '07.

Guess I'll have to figure that out soon, I only have 24 days left on my rental car from the insurance company.
Old 3/9/06, 05:51 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the total

if the electrics of the car are still operational, you should be able to reflash the car back to stock. Hopefully you can pull that off.

Best of luck pulling off all the goodies you've installed so far.
Old 3/9/06, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

I guess you won't be needing my body guy....This town has become a cesspool of stupid drivers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] This is exactly why my Pony has become a "garage queen". It's just not worth driving a nice car here on a daily bases. They should have pushed that illegal off into a deep hole and been done with it "mob style"...Because of the "Illegals", and bad driver's it's become enough for me to consider moving. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I love this town and have been here a long time, but it is getting bad. What a shame... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

I hope your insurance treat's you well and a shiny new Pony finds your way quickly! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Another one Takes a hit