2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Am I screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long story short, I posted earleir that I had a VOC but no DORA, called the dealer they said come in and pick it up(the DORA). So I posted everything was cool , and took their word that the DORA did indeed exist, anyway, after talking to the "ordering manager", he tells me they only have an allotment of 1 GT, and are back logged 11 orders with only 2 in the system and it will be mid April until my car gets ordered. He begged me to wait until then before cancelling. The have my $2 grand and I have a useless VOC. My lease on my Taurus is up in May(plus the 2 months Ford Credit will give me additional). Am I screwed? Or should I stick it out? He says he's selling about 2-3 a week. Has 1 in the showroom but wants sticker, I get z-plan so about $3k difference that I don't want to pay, plus it has stuff I don't want on it and is the wrong color! Any advice? I don't mind waiting 12-16 weeks for an order, but am thinking it doesn't matter at this point.
Help!

Legacy Ford in Brunswick, Ohio is the dealer. Dale the ordering Manager is a good guy and the only person who has been upfront with me, as for the rest of them,well that's very debateable. He showed me the list and all of the outstanding orders are a or z plan does that mean anything?

Will drive from Cleveland for a legit solution!
Old 3/6/05, 07:06 AM
V6 Member

stick it out, if the manager is giving you the info. Call them every week for a copy of the status report.
Old 3/6/05, 07:28 AM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Get your deposit back and move on...
Old 3/6/05, 07:50 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've heard lots of good things about Park Ford in Tallmadge, and I'm 1100 miles away. Park Ford is the old Mark Ford, might want to give the manager there a call and see what he has to say. Tallmadge shouldn't be any more than about an hour from you.
Old 3/6/05, 08:01 AM
GT Member

Why wouldn't they enter ALL of their orders into the system? That seems odd. It caught my attention when you said, "He showed me the list and all of the outstanding orders are a or z plan". So is he penalizing you and others who order under the plan? Would he order your car NOW if you paid MSRP? If I went in today and offered him MSRP would I go to the front of your line, bumping you back?

I don't think your screwed... but I would recommend that you go back in there and clarify what it takes to get the order IN THE SYSTEM. He knows your serious... you put down $2 grand. You should have received your DORA the day after you put down the money. But it sounds like the A Plan makes you a second-class citizen.

I got my car in 60 days at a Priority 45 (!). So what's wrong with this picture?
Old 3/6/05, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

From what he showed me thats all they have and sell to is "planners" He has no "retail" orders. I'm gonna call Park Ford today just to see what they say. Think I'm gonna have trouble getting the $2k back though. I may have to just stick it out, keep you posted.
Old 3/6/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

pwt13,
It kind of hard getting plan right now.
Here in Hawaii no plan pricing now.
Got plan back in Dec., but still waiting!
I think I was number 6 on list, was told
only way I could get plan was to wait.
Now I hear from guys on this site, dealers
here will not take plan on any Mustang.
If they honor you plan price, try waiting
and see if ordering manager can help
you out! Hope for the best!
Happy Trails!!
Old 3/6/05, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

Cancelling old order Monday morning found a new dealer with allocations and will get me ordered this Thursday and a DORA on Friday morning and will take z-plan. I will post dealer and contact later this week assume all works out well. This should cut out months of having to wait. If it wasn't for this forum and all of the good info. I would have been screwed. Only lost 2 weeks instead of months becuase of it. Thanks for all of the input!
Old 3/7/05, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like my story. I ordered back in early December - finally got the word from my dealer last week that I wasn't getting a GT built. To be fair, he had told me a while back that it might not be built. He has allocation for 3 Mustangs total and my car is not going to be built.

So - I cancelled , got my deposit back and reordered with a huge dealer from Minneapolis last week. A bit more money, but this guy says he can get me an 05 GT by summer. We'll see. These guys sell a lot of cars, so if they can't get me one, I figure no one would be able to.

Good luck!!!
Brad
Old 3/7/05, 12:42 PM
V6 Member

Called and cancelled today, but now I have to wait for my check because they are "busy"! They weren't too busy to take it and run a credit check and BS me about how my car was "ordered", amazing how busy they are now! I still have to go back there when I turn in my Taurus lease in May.... not looking forward to that day. Probably will nit pick the crap out of it.
Old 3/7/05, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

Now they are giving me run around on my check. It seems both owners are out of town and they are the only ones who can me a check back for my 2 grand. I need this cash to give to the other dealer who has allotments. The new car manager said for me call back tomorrow. I'm gonna do an online query to see if I can contact the owners myself! I want my money back!
Old 3/7/05, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

For my 2K I'd be in the dealership making a scene. But I'm not returning a lease there.....