2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy? Need advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/06, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I crazy? Need advice please.

I haven't been a frequent poster, but--I have an alloy GT on order. The car was "released" on 6/9. Now it is a hold for "quality control". Here's the deal: I read Ed's (ISELLFORD) post about the owner loyalty rebate, then called the dealer. My car will not get here before the rebate ends, so I asked if I could come down and do the paperwork before the 5th. I even half jokingly told the salesman he ought to let me have his red GT demo until my car arrived. They bit on that, and told me to come on down on Monday. Sounds great, but...I am having qualms about writing a check for a car I haven't even seen (hmm... I ordered alloy the same way). Am I crazy? What if something happens to the car before I get it? Should I be concerned, or smiling at getting to drive a demo GT for a while? What do you guys/gals think? And no, April, I am not selling/trading the orange Mach 1!
Old 6/30/06, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Be concerned. Somethings not right; or maybe its just me.
Old 7/1/06, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It really depends on how much you value saving $500 on your car. If you don't care too much about the rebate, wait till the car comes in. If you want that rebate, you have to do the papers, so you can get it. I wouldn't worry, if there is any small problem with the car, it will get fixed. Good luck.
Old 7/1/06, 06:51 AM
Cobra Member

I concur with Jeff. You still have until Wed to see if it shows. Ask the dealer if they will do all the paperwork and report the sale for you but you do not pay until the cars shows. I do that all the time.
I know that they are releasing the cars so on Monday have your salesperson call OPC and ask if it still on hold or if it has been released.
I know that my new one is on a rail car as of 6/21 witha n ETA of yesterday at the ramp that serves our store so I am hoping. I plan on doing the paperwork on Wed one way or the other. The $500 just paid for the Shelby spoiler I ordered for mine.
Good Luck!
Old 7/1/06, 07:58 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I paid for mine before it arrived. I had to push the dealership a little, but I knew as soon as they had info on the car they could do the deal. I did it to get a low finance rate before it went up again.