2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

AGIAN?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/05, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does hearing this happened in LA not surprise me....?

If somebody throws rocks at your car, you gotta do what you gotta do. But you never know what type of weapon, gun, knife, or otherwise the perpetrators have.

The legal thing to do would be to call the police and have them handle it. Most of us carry cell phones in this day and age, so this would be the logical and legal alternative.

I am trained in martial arts as well, and I was taught that it was only to be used when other means of self preservation fail. I don't think chasing down punk kids and assaulting them for vandalism qualifies.

But you gotta do what you gotta do. Life is full of choices, and if you need to beat up everybody that fronts you to help you sleep at night, then so be. Just be willing to deal with the consequences and possilbe do some jail time for your actions infringing on their rights.

But let he hath not sinned cast the first stone, because I've done it as well.
I've chased down people before that cut me off in traffic and had guns pulled on me before, and realized that I could have been killed just because someone was careless and failed to yeild the right of way. Seems a ticket was more in order than a bullet in my head.
Old 10/2/05, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't have stopped and I wouldn't have gotten out of my car. I would have just run them over. Twice.
Old 10/2/05, 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man... I think I would move.

That's ridiculous!

Sorry to hear that the idiots of the world are alive and well.

Hopefully they will all die very slow painful horrible deaths. AND hopefully they will never reproduce.
Old 10/2/05, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Imatk@October 2, 2005, 10:33 AM
Man... I think I would move.

That's ridiculous!

Sorry to hear that the idiots of the world are alive and well.

Hopefully they will all die very slow painful horrible deaths. AND hopefully they will never reproduce.
Amen to that!! That blows, I would have stopped and I'd probably be in jail now.
Old 10/2/05, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally posted by racnnut@October 2, 2005, 12:05 AM
You must have missed the most important fact in this situation. The car in question had 18 & 19 year old GIRLS in it. They did exactly the right thing because these young girls did not have a chance against these young men.

I understand your point though. Even as a woman, I can't say that I wouldn't have stopped for a minute anyway to at least give them my piece of mind.
Sorry Celeste that there are so many buttheads in this world. Good luck to you.

Kathy
THANK YOU Kathy! It was somewhat bothering me that everyone was saying i made the wrong decision and didn't stop even after i told the of the personal situation. I wanted to but its just not safe, i'm not going to put my friends livelyhoods in that situation. I SHOULD have stopped and WANTED to stop but what would i have done agianst 10 or more - 13-15 year old guys? Nothing, get me or my friends hurt/killed and have possibly something even worse happen to my car. The area we were in was sorta tricky in that the area RIGHT near the traintracks is bad but just a mile or so on each side of those train tracks its nice and quiet neighborhoods. These kids were not just bored kids, they were kids who've probably been told on to the police many times before. I could go on but to those of you who still think a car full of girls should have stopped there just a bunch of excuses anyway.
Old 10/2/05, 04:30 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by HorsC@October 2, 2005, 11:37 AM
THANK YOU Kathy! It was somewhat bothering me that everyone was saying i made the wrong decision and didn't stop even after i told the of the personal situation. I wanted to but its just not safe, i'm not going to put my friends livelyhoods in that situation. I SHOULD have stopped and WANTED to stop but what would i have done agianst 10 or more - 13-15 year old guys? Nothing, get me or my friends hurt/killed and have possibly something even worse happen to my car. The area we were in was sorta tricky in that the area RIGHT near the traintracks is bad but just a mile or so on each side of those train tracks its nice and quiet neighborhoods. These kids were not just bored kids, they were kids who've probably been told on to the police many times before. I could go on but to those of you who still think a car full of girls should have stopped there just a bunch of excuses anyway.

You did the right thing sweetheart! Sorry I missed your gender in the beginning! I must have assumed the owner of that nice red stang had to be mail.. LOL! Sorry you had such a miserable experience.. What goes around comes around.. You will be rewarded in the future for your trouble..

Play the lottery this week, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..
Old 10/2/05, 06:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I thought of another solution. It wouldn't prevent this from happening, but if you were to change course and head directly to the police station and run in and report these characters and where they are, you could've filed a complaint and recouped damages.

Not sure it would've worked, but perhaps for the next time.
Old 10/2/05, 06:28 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Situations like these are always tough calls... I know my temper would make me swing around the car and extract my pound of flesh...

Considering I am a pretty big guy and usually drive around with a friend or two... depending on the scenario, i'd possibly go back and get even.

The sensible side of me says its not worth being charged with aggrivated assault. Its better to call the police and let them deal with it. I would rather pay to fix a dent or a windsheild than have a gun in my face.
Old 10/2/05, 08:22 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You did the right thing Celeste with a gang of boys and stopping who knows what they could have done to you and the car at the same time ,getting the police as soon as possible was smart thinking on your part ,its just a shame there's more heart ache with the stang ,it can be fixed try dentless repair if you can and possibly the marks can buff out .
Best of luck ...
Craig
Old 10/2/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@October 2, 2005, 7:14 PM
I thought of another solution. It wouldn't prevent this from happening, but if you were to change course and head directly to the police station and run in and report these characters and where they are, you could've filed a complaint and recouped damages.

Not sure it would've worked, but perhaps for the next time.
Thats exactly what we did actually! One of my friends that was w/ me works at the local police department and we went straight over and filled out a police report, they went and drove down by the tracks in an unmarked truck and nothing happened but at least i know they tried but hopefully there will never be a next time and thanks for the advice its much appriciated!
Old 10/2/05, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 1, 2005, 2:41 PM
Note to self..

Anytime anyone, young or old, hostile or just stupid throws rocks at my ride, follow these few steps..
1. Immidiately park car safley off of the road way...

2. Set emergency brake.

3. Open car door, closing it gently and setting alarm..

4. Run up on said individual or group of thugs.

5. Beat azz! Disregarding saftey for myself, and the consequences of a biased jury in an attempted 187 case...

6. Dont leave the scene until individuals or group are beaten so bad they beg for mercy..
Dude, never in this lifetime will I ever get punked this bad by anybody.. In life, once a punk, always a punk.. Some of us make this decision in life early on.. Not calling you a punk, but I dont know what else to call it.. :bang:

Dude, she's a girl (young woman) it's night time, and thugs are throwing rocks at her car. Do you recomend she stops so they can add gang rape to their list of activities for the night. Get real. She did the right thing.
Old 10/2/05, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by HorsC@October 1, 2005, 9:15 AM
well ok so i didn't get keyed agian but I was out with some friends last night and as we were headed out to listen to a band we went over some train tracks and a bunch of young teenagers proceeded to throw rocks at my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to stop but my friends advised i better not since I didn't know what kind of kids these were...so a little down the road we stop at a gas station and i found 2 pretty good dents and some scratches around both! I reported it to the police and they went and drove around and of course they were gone...Its on the same side as the keying BUT its on the front fender...and i didn't have any scratches from the keying on the front fender, just the door and the back fender...i'm SO mad! I think it makes me madder that i saw who did it and couldn't do anything about it...I just don't feel like I can even have a nice car! why do people do these stupid things!?

My insurance is never going to believe all of this!!
Wow. You seem to be going through the same thing I went through with my last car. It was to the point where someone suggested I get a "cleansing". Lol.

So sorry about your bad luck. I know how frustrating it can be. My last car was keyed, hit by a dog, egged.....in my case, I think it was a little kharma rearing its annoying head. I was a baaaaad boy!
Old 10/2/05, 11:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 1, 2005, 8:52 PM
Thank you!! Its not something that you even think about or debate.. You dont hear the rock hit the car, and think about what if.. You dont ponder whether or not you will get hurt.. Your first instinct is to deal with the situatuation at hand..

The furthest thing from my mind at the point of the rock impact is whether or not I will risk something once I rush the guy or guys.... What I am thinking as I run up on them, is what guy looks the toughest so I can take him down first..

Not sure if many of you have been in any brawls in your lifetime, but I have.. You dont attack the weakest first, it just prolongs the fight.. You attack the ring leader.. Once he falls, all others run... LOL!! Dont believe me? Most guys who hang out in large groups are all puzzy's.. Thats why they hang out in large groups... Kick the guys azz who thinks he's the toughest, and all his friends are no where to be found..
I once caught a punk f***king with my car in my driveway at 1am. Immediately my "fight or flight" kicked in and I proceeded to kick the ever-lovin s**t outta him. I am trained in boxing and brazilian jiu-jitsu, and let's just say I took the opportunity to unleash on him. I had had too much crap happen in that neighborhood to just "let it go". Had I called the police my car (or radio) would have been gone by the time they showed up. I'm not stupid. I realized there was a risk involved, but at that moment I was acting on instinct (and rage). He coulda been carrying a gun (which he was). In any case, I slammed him face first against a steel post fence and then I proceeded to sink a rear naked choke around his throat as he cried like a baby. At that time, I didn't know he had been carrying a sawed-off shotgun with him. As I rolled out of the driveway the next morning, my sister discovered it under my car. Scary? heck yeah. Did I regret it? heck no! In my eyes justice had been serviced. No I didn't kill him, but I easily could have, and let me say that I had I seen the shotgun that night, he WOULD be dead. I ended up letting him go with a warning. Our house has never been bothered since.
Old 10/2/05, 11:34 PM
GT Member

Anyone throws anything at me or anything I own or care about. They will have to answer to .............THE GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!

Walk softly and carry a big stick
Dont fire till you see the whites of their eyes
There is nothing to fear but fear itself
Old 10/3/05, 02:06 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by Galaxie@October 2, 2005, 5:31 PM
Its better to call the police and let them deal with it.
Very sage advice. Besides, that's what we pay municipal/county taxes for.

And here in Canada, the Mounties always get their "man"...well, almost always.
Old 10/3/05, 02:07 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by silverado@October 2, 2005, 10:37 PM
Anyone throws anything at me or anything I own or care about. They will have to answer to .............THE GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!
Walk softly and carry a big stick
Dont fire till you see the whites of their eyes
There is nothing to fear but fear itself
Wyatt Earp has spoken!
Old 10/3/05, 02:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hehe....This forum is full of Martial arts, He-Men, Superheroes..

Okay but seriously if you were to stop and get down it would just be more time for them to throw rocks and mess with you more.
Old 10/3/05, 07:15 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Blk'05@October 3, 2005, 1:10 AM
Hehe....This forum is full of Martial arts, He-Men, Superheroes..
Okay but seriously if you were to stop and get down it would just be more time for them to throw rocks and mess with you more.
More like Internet Super Hero's :geek:

One's that can't read at that... car full of girls at night take on teens....News at 11.
Old 10/3/05, 09:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@October 3, 2005, 3:10 AM
Wyatt Earp has spoken!
"You gonna skin that smoke wagon or just stand there and bleed."

I love that quote.
Old 10/3/05, 09:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by HorsC@October 1, 2005, 10:15 AM
My insurance is never going to believe all of this!!
Ya, I think it'd be tough explaining how you have body imprints on your grill.

In all seriousness, at least you can get the keying AND rocks probably done on the same repair/claim. So, you still pay the deductible, but you're getting more repairs done (more bang for your buck).

Quick Reply: AGIAN?!?!?!?