2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Advice on Selling my 05

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/05, 09:07 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Berol@January 14, 2005, 6:53 AM
Here's another bit of advice- Try looking for places to live outside of town. They are much cheaper than places closer to campus.

I'm getting my Ph. D in Chemistry also, at Iowa State University. I live about fifteen minutes from campus and I can OWN my place for cheaper than students RENT inside town.
Actually backwards at Santa Barbara, the county is very expensive to live in and the further you get from the school the more expensive it is, plus it is kind of remote and distant from the rest of Santa Barbara (its on a penisula- probably so the students dont bother the rich) and if he is selling his car than he would have a real difficult time getting to school, if your not on campus the next best bet is a rundown, dingy (compared to the rest of SB) part of town overrun with frats who party 24/7 in a town known as IV and that is expensive.
Old 1/14/05, 09:15 AM
GT Member

I think selling your car is going to be pretty tough if you aren't willing to lose A LOT. I have had mine listed for almost a month. Mine has all options and MSRP was $29800. It has been listed for $25000 and I have not had even a sniff of interest yet.
Old 1/14/05, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Have you thought of living in the car????? Sure saves the rent money!!
Old 1/14/05, 05:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rrobello+January 14, 2005, 10:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rrobello @ January 14, 2005, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Berol@January 14, 2005, 6:53 AM
Here's another bit of advice- Try looking for places to live outside of town. They are much cheaper than places closer to campus.

I'm getting my Ph. D in Chemistry also, at Iowa State University. I live about fifteen minutes from campus and I can OWN my place for cheaper than students RENT inside town.
Actually backwards at Santa Barbara, the county is very expensive to live in and the further you get from the school the more expensive it is, plus it is kind of remote and distant from the rest of Santa Barbara (its on a penisula- probably so the students dont bother the rich) and if he is selling his car than he would have a real difficult time getting to school, if your not on campus the next best bet is a rundown, dingy (compared to the rest of SB) part of town overrun with frats who party 24/7 in a town known as IV and that is expensive. [/b][/quote]
Interesting, thanks for explaining that.
Old 1/14/05, 05:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Thumbs down

With the mentioning of GI Bill, are you still in the reserves?

If so, see if UCSB has an R.O.T.C. program that you may be able to assist w/ reviews, labs, evals., etc....
If your are commisioned, you may be able to qualify for Cadre pay... enlisted have to be AGR I believe -Worth a shot

Not sure if that program is still available... pulling from memory sirca '95-'00