2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/07, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
Ya know Jeff I neever actually realized the textured part wraps around the entire lower portion of the bumper cover and there is a defining line between the exhaust cutouts, so to paint it would be ok!!
Thanks for the info, but with my time constraints and Ford's STUPID way of ordering things now (i.e GT/CS and Shelby body parts), I can't get the CS bumper here in time. I'm going with what I had. Oh well.
Old 4/11/07, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks for the info, but with my time constraints and Ford's STUPID way of ordering things now (i.e GT/CS and Shelby body parts), I can't get the CS bumper here in time. I'm going with what I had. Oh well.
Are they starting to make it difficult to get parts, or is it a supply chain issue where they're trying to fill the production supply before they can feed them into repair parts?
Old 4/11/07, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RobK
Are they starting to make it difficult to get parts, or is it a supply chain issue where they're trying to fill the production supply before they can feed them into repair parts?
There is a thread in the OEM-Parts forum in the Marketplace. Kevin Casey started it about the GT/CS and Shelby conversions not being easy anymore

If you order the CS bumper through regular channels (like I am with the stock bumper), it costs WAY more than if you were to order it via Genuine Accessories. Only problem with this way is it takes 7-10 days to get the part. Way too long in my situation.
Old 4/11/07, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is a thread in the OEM-Parts forum in the Marketplace. Kevin Casey started it about the GT/CS and Shelby conversions not being easy anymore

If you order the CS bumper through regular channels (like I am with the stock bumper), it costs WAY more than if you were to order it via Genuine Accessories. Only problem with this way is it takes 7-10 days to get the part. Way too long in my situation.
Is the car undriveable? Why can't you wait a week and a half? The GT/CS cover looks great!
Old 4/11/07, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Jeff...

After seeing that CS bumber in VB in the flesh, how can you consider anything else????
Old 4/11/07, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The GT/CS bumper is $273 + painting costs, whereas the stock bumper is $146 + painting costs. I'd go for the GT/CS bumper, but I'm confused about this ordering process. I thought it was just a matter of going to my local dealer and asking for the part #, the 25% supplier discount, and schedule it to be painted in the body shop.
Old 4/11/07, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Jeff,

Glad you didn't get hurt. Sorry about the car.. It is a great looking car. I know you will get it back to as good as new or better.

Rusty
Old 4/12/07, 03:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Is the car undriveable? Why can't you wait a week and a half? The GT/CS cover looks great!
I don't have a left muffler, and I have a show I HAVE TO DO (its for an air base thats closing. Money generated goes to the soldiers and their families). That is why I need the car done when I need it done by.
Old 4/12/07, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by metroplex
The GT/CS bumper is $273 + painting costs, whereas the stock bumper is $146 + painting costs. I'd go for the GT/CS bumper, but I'm confused about this ordering process. I thought it was just a matter of going to my local dealer and asking for the part #, the 25% supplier discount, and schedule it to be painted in the body shop.
Trust me (and KC) its not easy. Now that Ford raised the prices of these things, to get them cheaper, you need to go through Genuine Accessories. And BTW, where did you get that price. That isn't the price listed?
Old 4/12/07, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Trust me (and KC) its not easy. Now that Ford raised the prices of these things, to get them cheaper, you need to go through Genuine Accessories. And BTW, where did you get that price. That isn't the price listed?
Funny you should ask I buy my parts from Yocum Ford (yes, the one in PA!) because they offer, by far, the cheapest prices for Ford parts on the internet.
Old 4/12/07, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by QuarterHorse
Jeff...

After seeing that CS bumber in VB in the flesh, how can you consider anything else????
My choice is to wait 2 weeks, and not have a car to take ANYWHERE, and miss the Support The Troops show (where my BMC members will have close to 30 Mustangs present), or get the standard GT bumper, and hang out with everyone, and the car is back to normal. I'll pick my friends ANYDAY, over a part that I wanted for my car. Wouldn't miss this show for the world. Its for a fantastic cause.
Old 4/12/07, 03:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't have a left muffler, and I have a show I HAVE TO DO (its for an air base thats closing. Money generated goes to the soldiers and their families). That is why I need the car done when I need it done by.
You can always do it later, when the time is right..
Old 4/12/07, 04:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Funny you should ask I buy my parts from Yocum Ford (yes, the one in PA!) because they offer, by far, the cheapest prices for Ford parts on the internet.
Now you tell me! I JUST ordered the accessory kit this afternoon for $319 + $20 shipping. Ahhhhh!!!!!
Old 4/15/07, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered my GT/CS rear fascia through my dealership for $355 with free shipping. I think painting was $150 or less. I love the look of the GT/CS rear fascia, now only if someone around here can align my exhaust up correctly. GRRRRRRRRRR
Old 4/15/07, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Is the GT/CS rear fascia just the lower piece that you add to your bumper, or is it the whole rear bumper? Anyone have a pic?
Old 4/15/07, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Is the GT/CS rear fascia just the lower piece that you add to your bumper, or is it the whole rear bumper? Anyone have a pic?

Ya know, I've always wondered that. The stock GT fascia looks so seamless, I cant help think its the whole bumper you;d replace. (and I've test drove them, just never paid mind to that little detail)

I could be wrong.
Old 4/15/07, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
Ya know, I've always wondered that. The stock GT fascia looks so seamless, I cant help think its the whole bumper you;d replace. (and I've test drove them, just never paid mind to that little detail)

I could be wrong.
The GT/CS is a whole fascia replacement...not a piece you add to an existing (stock) GT bumper. Street Scene makes a rear fascia lip that can be added to either a stock v6 or GT rear fascia that gives the rear a diffuser look.
Old 4/15/07, 04:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like mentioned above it's a full fascia replacement. This is another item Ford got right.

Old 4/16/07, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Jeff,

Was out of the country from 4/7 thru 4/14. Missed all the 'excitement'. Glad you're OK. I think I speak for everyone when I say we know how ****ed you were after the impact. But these body shops today... they're the best (the top ones, anyway). Sure, nobody wants to get hit, but once you are, it's nice to know there are good shops out there who can get you back to 100%.

Oh how you must have struggled with that CS bumper decision. Hooboy! Catch up with ya later...

Stan
Old 4/16/07, 10:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wink Use a Take-off Bumper and makes some green

Ask your body shop to bid with a new bumper and then buy a pre-painted blue bumper from www.newtakeoff.com and save a bunch of money. You can buy a vista blue GT bumper (or any other color for that matter) for $199.00. List price is $499 plus painting. Have the body shop bid the full price for the repair and then spiff you or trade for the difference. You will be getting a factory painted bumper and won't have the soft paint problems repainted bumbers have.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!