2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/07, 09:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!

Well, it finally happened. I had hoped that it wouldn't but it did. I got rear-ended on Saturday at 2:14 PM. I was driving to my local Sam's Club to pick up a pack of those Microfiber towels to clean under my hood (the drive to the GOOTC run in the pouring rain made the engine bay filty). I was at a light, waiting for it to chance, when this D******* in a 1990 Dodge Shadow didn't stop in time, and slammed into my bumper. BOY WAS I PEEVED!!! He was going fast enough that his airbag deployed, and he was a bit dazed from that. BTW

I got out, yelled to him, "You got insurance?!!" He did, that was a plus. Where we were stopped (middle lane), there were cars going around us on both sides. When he got out of his car, he flew open his door, and almost took out a BMW (dumba$$). The driver of the BMW had to slam on his brakes, to not hit the door. . Needless to say, the cops came quick, and the officer was great. Very helpful. Gave him a violation of "following too closely". Needless to say, my weekend was shot, couldn't do a criuse in last night, and a cruise next week is off. Lucky I'll have a check from Geico (this lamea$$'s company) on Thursday.

Total talley is I need a new bumper, new Borla exhaust, and a new arch pipe (the pipe that connects to the "H" and muffler. The left side one got bent. Also has to tap out a small spot in the spare tire well. Other than than, it could have worse. Already have the exhaust here at work, plus I get my chance to look into the GT/CS bumper, which I LOVE!!! If the difference isn't too great, I'll pay it to have that on my car. Thought I would post the pics for you all to see.. They are crappy RAZR phone pics, but tell the story. It can only get better now. Car will be fixed before my 1st real show of the season (April 21st, Support The Troops). At least I didn't get hurt, and its not as bad as it could have been.
Attached Images    
Old 4/9/07, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, you were real lucky that the body damage was confined to the bumper. I'd say his car got it worse. Since his airbag deployed, it might be considered a total!
Old 4/9/07, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Glad to see you weren't hurt (don't care about the other guy, he's a putz) and that your Pony has taken minimal damage.

If MY rear bumper were taken out I'd get the GT/CS rear bumper cover. WAYYY better looking than stock IMHO.

Good luck on getting your Pony fixed!
Old 4/9/07, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

you'll be back up in no time.
Old 4/9/07, 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That really sucks, Jeff. I can imagine you were pretty upset! I like your "take this opportunity to make it even better" attitude.
Old 4/9/07, 10:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad you were not hurt and at least he had insurance!!! Go with the GT/CS Bumper Cover!!!!! Love it!!!
Attached Thumbnails Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!-p1010450.jpg  
Old 4/9/07, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
That sucks Jeff...... glad you're ok though. I hope this doesn't mean bad luck for me- on Saturday afternoon we had lunch around 1pm and after that we went to Sam's Club (around 2pm). Guess what I bought: honest to God I bought microfiber towels for the car, a big pack of them.

Since my car is blue with white like yours, I think I'm gonna take the long way home tonight to avoid traffic!

Good luck gettin' her fixed.
Old 4/9/07, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Ugh. Someone backed into my bumper while I was at bar.
I park in the only spot thats by itself so no one can door ding me and I get this!

It was easily fixed by the bodyshop the very next day.
They remove the bumper, heat it up, form it to shape and repaint.
It looks better than factory now!
Attached Thumbnails Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!-image_53.jpg  
Old 4/9/07, 10:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bummer, Sorry to hear that Jeff. Hope they get it repaired quickly and to your satisfaction.
Old 4/9/07, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear about the wreck Jeff. Glad your ok! I would go with the GT/CS bumper also
Old 4/9/07, 10:37 AM

Bummer! Glad it wasn't worse. At least you can get somthing new out of the deal.
Old 4/9/07, 10:40 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Accident but think about how your going to update your ride. Also don't go to Sam's club for Mirco towels, they are so thin. I get the Turtle wax brand at Meijer's, lots thicker.
Old 4/9/07, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Glad that you didnt get hurt. Sorry to see your car like that, but remember **** happens. Hopefully you have enough money to get that GT/CS bumper!
Old 4/9/07, 11:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I had the same thing happen. I needed new Magnaflows and a Bumper cover. It cost the lady's insurance almost 1500 dollars.
Old 4/9/07, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm much more calm today, but yes, I was FURIOUS Saturday. I just checked the price of the GT/CS bumper, HOLY CRAP, its a fortune. KC was right!! They raised the prices so Ford can get a piece of the conversion pie. Had the difference been less than $100 I would have done it, but its MUCH, MUCH MORE!!! Needless to say, a stock GT bumper is getting put back on, with new stripes. Now, I have to see if my custom plate (an Organ Donor Network Plate) can get straightened. It got pretty banged up, and that Pi$$ed me off the ALOT. I just got it, and it means ALOT to me, being a transplant recipient.

Darrell, If there was a Meijers around me, I'd go there, but in PA, none around.
Old 4/9/07, 12:20 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
Get the GT/CS Genuine Accessory Kit! It is Cheaper! 6r3z6320049ba!

KC
Old 4/9/07, 12:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Ugh. Someone backed into my bumper while I was at bar.
I park in the only spot thats by itself so no one can door ding me and I get this!
When you are with a bunch of drunks who try to drive this is the **** that happens. No matter where you park at a bar or elsewhere you take the risk
Old 4/9/07, 12:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Jeff luckly you weren't hurt, and I hope the body shop gets you back out there looking like new in no time
Old 4/9/07, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Yuck the damage is much clearer blown up then on my phone . Just glad your OK bud, heres hoping we are both back to being damage free in time for the Kindle show.
Old 4/9/07, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Get the GT/CS Genuine Accessory Kit! It is Cheaper! 6r3z6320049ba!

KC
Hey Kevin, can you give me a call. I have a question for you as to the price of the GT/CS bumper. Call me in a few hours if you can.

Quick Reply: Add me to the list...Car got rear-ended Saturday!!