2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Active Alarm - How is it?

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/07, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowtown
kept getting paged to check on the car...
What system do you have that paged you?
Old 2/14/07, 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Shawn I ride our Ferry system here in BC 5 days a week when I hear a horn go I know if it's a Mustang I've seen a vert get its top cut and others get keyed by **** people, just exit the car and lock door with key not fob inside still armed byt the motion or tilt is off Works everytime I tell people that do not wish to get keyed up or worse I seen a BMW go two weeks ago the two hung over occupants behind trying to sleep just got out & laid the boots to the whole side of the guys car, Police called & the driver tried to flee as a walk off & left his buddy I don't know where he is , Good news they busted them.
Old 2/15/07, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
So you are saying that people will key a car or cut it's roof if the alarm goes off?!?!?
Do these morons think this will stop the alarm?
The ferry by me doesn't allow anyone on the car deck while the ferry is in motion. Must be different by you.
Old 2/15/07, 09:00 AM
GT Member

Cool

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Oh, forgot to say. I absolutely love that the mustangs have an active alarm. I haven't done it except for one time before, but I believe the alarm will go off if you try unlocking the doors from the inside (ie-windows are down, therefore to make it easy you don't hit the keypad to unlock them).

This is much different than the SN95's, that just have a flashing "THEFT" light for their PATS system.
My 98gt factory alarm goes off if you try to open the doors thru the window.
Old 2/15/07, 02:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 98YELLOWGT
My 98gt factory alarm goes off if you try to open the doors thru the window.
Was your's a factory alarm that was added by yourself or the dealer, or did it come with the car new (ie-was on the sticker)

I'm 99% sure that for 99-up, the "theft deterrent" was keyless entry and the PATS system. There was no alarm system. So, if you locked the doors with the window down, you could still just reach in and open the door with the handle or the unlock switch.

Now, they do have a factory alarm that is available as an "Accessory", but to my knowledge no 99-up mustangs had an alarm included on as part of the "sticker" vehicle. So, I thought that all SN95's were built this way
Old 2/15/07, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davisinla
So besides being a car alarm, is there a pager thingy?

Is the sensitivity adjustable?
The basic anti-theft system doesn't have a pager system to notify you of a possible break-in or theft, but if you buy the LoJack w/ their Early Warning System and add that to your car you'll get a tracking device and a system that will call you and e-mail you to let you know your car may have been moved, usually within 15 and 30 minutes, and askes you to check on your car ASAP.

The system works well. The reason I know this is that when the fob's battery is low on power (seperate fob then the one you get with the car that communicates with the Early Warning System installed in the car) the system will send out the alerts I mentioned before.
Old 2/15/07, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks again for all the great info. Seems like the active alarm with LoJack & Remote Warning system will do the trick. If someone can ****** the car with all that stuff on it, they probably deserve it!

(Sure didn't take too long to spend that $1000 rebate I'm gonna get! )
Old 2/15/07, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
put the grand in some sort of a cd account. When or if it ever gets stolen, you take that 1000 bucks and go put it down on a new ride. New cars are cool.
Old 2/15/07, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
put the grand in some sort of a cd account. When or if it ever gets stolen, you take that 1000 bucks and go put it down on a new ride. New cars are cool.
Hmmm...well, that's ONE theory. Of course, I think the interest that I'd get on a $1000 CD would not exactly be equitable to what I would lose if a relatively new car (with some mods) were stolen.

Besides, I want to build a "keeper"!
Old 2/20/07, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it doesn't have a pager, the staff would page me over the intercom and I'd have to go down.

Shawn I ride our Ferry system here in BC 5 days a week when I hear a horn go I know if it's a Mustang I've seen a vert get its top cut and others get keyed by **** people, just exit the car and lock door with key not fob inside still armed byt the motion or tilt is off Works everytime I tell people that do not wish to get keyed up or worse I seen a BMW go two weeks ago the two hung over occupants behind trying to sleep just got out & laid the boots to the whole side of the guys car, Police called & the driver tried to flee as a walk off & left his buddy I don't know where he is , Good news they busted them.
Thankfully they had a lot of staff down and around the car decks so I wasn't worried but that's some ****ty stories there. Good info in this thread though I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time though I don't know how often I'll drive through to Victoria from Calgary. Probably not this year, maybe next year I'll get the bug, it was a fun trip. My parents live there but more often than not it's just easier to fly Westjet for $180 return and spend 2 hours on the go rather than 11 hours on the road.

I agree it's ridiculous that people can stay in their cars while it's in motion, I never understood that.
Old 2/20/07, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

It is well worth the price with the insurance discount.
Old 2/21/07, 01:31 AM
Cobra R Member

My interior motion sensor doesn't work about 3/4 of the time.