2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

$500 over Invoice Sales (or X-Plan)

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will set up an e-fax account today and then print the faxes out myself...
Old 2/16/05, 10:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Can someone please elaborate on the AQHA rebate? Also, any of you lucky dogs who got below invoice without a Ford plan care to reveal your secret? In fact, any of you saavy folks care to show us what e-mail you sent out to get these great deals?

Darth :jedi:
Old 2/16/05, 10:47 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Darth Stang@February 16, 2005, 12:39 PM
Can someone please elaborate on the AQHA rebate? Also, any of you lucky dogs who got below invoice without a Ford plan care to reveal your secret? In fact, any of you saavy folks care to show us what e-mail you sent out to get these great deals?

Go to the Ford.com web site and go to dealer search. When the dealers are listed you can click on each one and they have their own web site. Each one has an email address on it. Send your message to that email address.

Here's what I sent out.

In writing in request for a price for a new 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Please respond with your best price including all related fees. I am looking to order within the next week and would like a late March/early April delivery. I am looking to order the car from the factory, I am not interested in any cars on the lot since I want a spring delivery.

Options:
-Premium Coupe GT (leather interior)
-Manual transmission
-Interior Upgrade Package
-Interior Color Accent package
-Exterior color: Redfire
-Interior color: Charcoal/Red leather
-Active anti-theft
-17" Wheels

Thank you

Dustin Dufour
Nashua, NH
dustin.dufour@smith-nephew.com
In my case about 75% of them ignored the email. You will get some responses back with pricing. Others will ask you to call in to get a price. Some will even ask you to "come in and talk about it". In my case I called in to get the price. I got $200 under invoice.
Old 2/16/05, 11:01 AM

I've been to 2 dealers in the St. Louis area (Marshall Ford and Valley Ford) and both told me that they would not sell the vehicle at X-plan. The guy at Valley Ford was even so bold to tell me that none of the dealers in the St. Louis area would honor X-plan on a 05 Stang. Has anybody in the St. Louis area had better luck?
Old 2/16/05, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also got the x plan from my dealer (Park Ford in Tallmadge, Ohio). and I'm smiling all the way to the upgrade packages.
Old 2/16/05, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I got my '05 stang ordered with the x plan at a dealer in woodhaven, michigan in the Detroit area. I asked "how long until delivery, like 8-10 weeks?" He said, probably "6-10 weeks." I got the x plan on an ordered vehicle, no hassle, no problem. See how niceDetroit is? :spin:
Old 2/16/05, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Easier than that. Just build your vehicle at fordvehicles.com, if you have Xplan, use the forddirect.com site. Then search for dealers in your area, by zip. This may or may not show a dealer having an exact match for what you want, but it will list other stangs that a dealer has. On the right side, there is a box that says "Request Quote". When you qlick this, the system will send a request for a quote to the selected dealer for the car you built, not the one in the listing. I did this to five dealers in my area. I actually got the automated answer from each dealer I sent a request to, but only three actually followed through. All three did honor my Xplan, and gave me the same price. The one I chose was because they gave me an additional $250 off because I used the internet to initiate the deal!

My price, using Xplan and getting the $250 was $9 over invoice!

MSRP $27,480, Xplan $25,418, Invoice $25,159, My Price $25,168

I am in the Tampa, Fla area
Old 2/16/05, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Darth Stang@February 16, 2005, 11:39 AM

In my case, the dealer contacted me on another Mustang site.
However, I did contact 56 dealers (email & phone) before I got my deal.
Sadly, one of the first ones I called, gave me the best price other than the one I finally went with.
Where are you located?
Old 2/17/05, 07:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangNut+February 16, 2005, 9:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ February 16, 2005, 9:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Darth Stang@February 16, 2005, 11:39 AM

In my case, the dealer contacted me on another Mustang site.
However, I did contact 56 dealers (email & phone) before I got my deal.
Sadly, one of the first ones I called, gave me the best price other than the one I finally went with.
Where are you located?
[/b][/quote]
All, Thanks for the great replies! I am currently in the DC area and I won;t be ordering until the fall for a spring delivery, but I am doing all of the lthings like building a down payment and working my credit report. My baby is probably going to run me 30k even if I get X plan so I want to work my best chances. I guess 56 e-mails is a small investment to get the best price, especially if you send a generic one to all.

Does anyone think it would be too bold to list exactly what you want to pay (ie: $200 over invoice) in the e-mail?

Darth
Old 2/17/05, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Darth Stang@February 17, 2005, 8:20 AM
Does anyone think it would be too bold to list exactly what you want to pay (ie: $200 over invoice) in the e-mail?

Darth
No, that is not too bold, in fact that is exactly what you should do. Matter of fact, I would even be more aggressive than that, and ask for $500 under invoice, and see where they come back in their replies.
If you ask for 500 under, the worst they can do is say no. If they are willing to go to 99 under invoice, you will never know if you only ask them to go to 200 over. So ask for more than what you want, and make them think you are compromising. It's all a big game when you are buying a car. Be patient, contact a lot of dealers, and you will get a good price. When I bought my 03 Cobra, I saved over $1,000 by e-mailing a ton of dealers and by driving to Detroit to get it.
Old 2/17/05, 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I personally wouldn't include any numbers. If your number is higher than they would have offered thats no good and if you start too low, they may not think you are serious. I think the better way is to spec out the car, give them the specs and MSRP and ask for an exact price including ALL taxes, fees, etc.. You should ask what amount your cashiers check needs to be for to pick up the vehicle.
Old 2/17/05, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by jefffro@February 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
I've been to 2 dealers in the St. Louis area (Marshall Ford and Valley Ford) and both told me that they would not sell the vehicle at X-plan. The guy at Valley Ford was even so bold to tell me that none of the dealers in the St. Louis area would honor X-plan on a 05 Stang. Has anybody in the St. Louis area had better luck?
I called about every dealer in STL and none would honor X-plan. I live in Cape G and the dealer here said they would honor it, I was surprised since dealers down here stink, so I will just but it down here if/when I order.
Old 2/17/05, 09:51 AM
Cobra R Member

$500 over invoice, ordered early June, delivered mid Nov.
2nd purchased GT @ a small dealer. Same dealer is selling @ MSRP only now.

I had emailed 30+ dealers back in May, only 9 replied -of which only 2 or 3 were willing to go for $500 or 2% over invoice. One of them would not sell their first allocations @ that price but would take the deal after the first few came in...

Having cash in hand instead of a trade-in helps... Have your loan in hand before the car comes in is also a good thing.
Old 2/17/05, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by RudyPearl+February 17, 2005, 10:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RudyPearl @ February 17, 2005, 10:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jefffro@February 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
I called about every dealer in STL and none would honor X-plan. I live in Cape G and the dealer here said they would honor it, I was surprised since dealers down here stink, so I will just but it down here if/when I order.
[/b][/quote]

Sunset Ford didn't seem to mind when I mentioned x-plan, but they did say only if it's ordered and not off the lot. Bo Boeukman (sp) didn't say anything about it when I mentioned it either. I still need to check Reuther Ford in Arnold now that I know a good friend of Doug Reuther.
Old 2/17/05, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Retail (Canadian) $23795.00
Invoice (Canadian $22261.00
difference $1534.00

Vehicle as ordered;
T80 V6 Coupe, fed excise tax, 2005 Model year $100.00
P3 Windveil Blue
P Dark Charcoal Cloth Bucket Seats
110A Order code
. dual air bags
. rear spoiler
. power driver seat
. eng block heater
. rear window defogger
. manual air conditioning

99N .4.0L SOHC V6
44L 5 Speed Automatic TRNS
T3A . P215/65R16 A/S
14A Active Anti-Theft lighted bezel
18G IUP
425 50 State Emission
552 Hangling Package
11 US Gas
Dest and Delivery

Total Retail $27925.00 + gst 7% = $29879.15
X Plan Price $26071.00 + gst 7% = $27895.97

difference is $1983.18 almost $2000.00. It would appear your intended dealer has ripped you off. If you need my actual order sheet let me know and I will fax it to you so can you can stick it in his face.

Ray Spencer
Edmonton, Alberta

Old 2/17/05, 11:19 AM
V6 Member

OK Guys, I set up this fax number to get the documents to stick it to the man:

(501) 642-8238

Fax everything you've got and I'll let you know how it goes! The best ones will be typed invoices, purchase agreements or other documents that say that the dealer offered a specific price, but I'll take others as well.

-Max (canyouMAtriX)
Old 2/17/05, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

I will fax it out on Saturday from my office.

Ray
Old 2/17/05, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

i got mine for $200 over invoice. No plans. Just good negotiations!
Old 2/17/05, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

Still waiting on some faxes: (501) 642-8238

My pricing structure came in today (on the current deal, 2000 over invoice) and it's over 30k....
Old 2/17/05, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

my god, i can't believe all you people paying over invoice. I think that's such a crime. It's like going to the store and seeing a price tag on apples for 25 cents, but when you get to the checkout she charges you 40 cents. How can this be legal? The price should be what's on the sticker, period, if they can sell them for more than it's there fault, they are the ones that set the price! You people really should come to the Detroit area if it's this bad around the country and buy it here, a plane tick would probably only be a couple hundred from most places, you'd save. I've never heard of anything like this happening around here, period.

Quick Reply: $500 over Invoice Sales (or X-Plan)