2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 04:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another option:

What would it cost to have a pro repaint it? 6k - 8k?
You could get some estimates and that is what the dealer should discount the car at. You could go with the repaint and get the Titanium now? or any color for that matter. Good Luck Dave, keep us posted.
Old 5/11/05, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 11, 2005, 2:38 AM
David this really stinks for you...do you have paperwork and deposit slip showing color you ordered? Hate to say it,but might almost be time to send ford a letter from your lawyers.

Is there no way your dealer might not buy the blackone from you for 500 more then you payed? That way at least your 500 ahead,and then order a 06 (might be better anyways,with bugs all worked out) and get the mineral grey you really wanted...
Interesting idea, never thought of the dealer buying it off me and then re-ordering...that is why I love this site! Yes, I do have all paperwork in order
Mineral grey will not be an option for 06.
Lawyer...hmmm, i think I am allergic to that word
Old 5/11/05, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@May 11, 2005, 3:44 AM
Dave - what happened to the deal the Rep was working on? I can't believe you're going through this! I read your other thread "anybody want to buy a black GT". Have you considered selling it on EBay? Seeing some of the prices on there makes me believe you could get what you're asking. Good luck!!
Hey Tom,
Can you believe the dealer who was going to get the car early shot the deal down, what a tard, if I was a dealer I would have snatched it right up.
truthfully Tom, I could care less about selling it, I just want my car. Selling it will be a big hassle, and dealing with idiots, I have heard to many ebay horror stories, and I will have penalties for selling it as far as using x plan again and Uncle Sam, but now that the rep told me he cant discount it at all, I really dont have any interest in it at all...I dont have time to get the things I need to do done now...forget about maintaining black paint on a new car, and in 2 years of the work parking lot this car will look like poop, heck , if I wanted to sell it in 3 or 4 years I will have to deduct 2ooo.oo just for dings dents and scratches.........I'm passing.
The thought of ordering an 06 is also a little scary, will bullitts be the standard wheel, will they have my color option , how much are they going to jack the price up.....these and many more unknowns
What a perdicament( spelled wrong I'm sure)!!!
Old 5/11/05, 09:26 AM
FR500 Member

My 2 pennies, If someone at the region level messed with this order, It's Fords fault, and I wouldn't be accepting any of the answers he's giving you about not being able to do anything because this is an x-plan or any other such hooey. Anything is possible.

Go above his head big time with a nice letter explaining your situation and how you feel it's unacceptable to be told these things when the screw-up happened at their level. They can take care of this now and keep a customer, or not take care of it and potentially lose more than just you as a customer.

It really stinks that you got caught in this
Old 5/11/05, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Dave,
You might want to just think about it until Monday. The 16th of May is suppose to be when we can order the 06. I would think the price will be available then.
Old 5/12/05, 12:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Ugly Ernie@May 11, 2005, 5:10 PM
Dave,
You might want to just think about it until Monday. The 16th of May is suppose to be when we can order the 06. I would think the price will be available then.
Oh well, to late now, a new order was generated today and will be expedited by the Ford rep, he said I should have a build date by the end of the week. Promised me original price with all x plan protections, even got to change the order to spoiler delete...so I guess CDC ducktail will be the first ext body mod.
He said I will have a mid June build date and a end of June delivery. We will be going over it tomorrow for any mistakes and questions.....I will be asking for a free extended warranty or whatever to make things right for their screwup, any ideas???
Old 5/12/05, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@May 12, 2005, 1:48 AM

Oh well, to late now, a new order was generated today and will be expedited by the Ford rep, he said I should have a build date by the end of the week. Promised me original price with all x plan protections, even got to change the order to spoiler delete...so I guess CDC ducktail will be the first ext body mod.
He said I will have a mid June build date and a end of June delivery. We will be going over it tomorrow for any mistakes and questions.....I will be asking for a free extended warranty or whatever to make things right for their screwup, any ideas???

I give you credit for pushing the Regional rep - I'm sure it was tough deciding whether or not to take the car that was already on the lot, but you did the right thing.

It won't hurt to ask for a free extended warranty. The only other things my dealer offered to sell me were VIN etching ($150 - not worth it since you can buy the etching tool yourself for $15) and the "Triple Value Package" ($550 for undercoat, scotchguard, paint protectant - again, not worth it IMO, so I declined). The extended warranty I think was $1800, but I declined on that too.

Good luck on the June delivery!
Old 5/12/05, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

If they give you a hard time about asking for freebie's tell them you want summer weather extended by 2 months to make up for the time you are going to lose by getting your car end of June...hopefully. Obviosuly they cant do that but maybe they will understand you are paying for a car you only are driving in the summer and have lost 2 months or more of it.
Old 5/12/05, 07:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Webba@May 12, 2005, 7:43 AM
If they give you a hard time about asking for freebie's tell them you want summer weather extended by 2 months to make up for the time you are going to lose by getting your car end of June...hopefully. Obviosuly they cant do that but maybe they will understand you are paying for a car you only are driving in the summer and have lost 2 months or more of it.

This is going to be his daily driver.....year round.
Old 5/12/05, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

But they dont need to know that
Old 5/12/05, 08:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Webba@May 12, 2005, 8:27 AM
But they dont need to know that

Old 5/12/05, 08:31 AM
FR500 Member

Well Dave that's good news that this is coming to an end, one that's not going hurt you any further in the wallet. Let's see freebies....

1. Window tint, if you were going to do this anyway.
2. Extended warranty is ok, unless you plan on modifying you're car a bunch, then it may be a somewhat moot point depending on what mods you're planning.
3. Free scheduled maintenance. In fact, if you get the right warranty coverage for free that may be part of it anyway. So maybe the free extended warranty is a good way to go regardless.
4. Your name on the short-list for a 2007 Cobra at an x-plan price

Good luck on getting this one done the right way. Looking forward to seeing pics of it when it gets here next month
Old 5/13/05, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Update: see sig,
Just got off the phone with the rep..I realize he is doing his best for the situation. When I asked him what he ciould do for me as far as making this situation right, free ext waranty, etc etc... He told me what a great price I was getting on the car and how they are not allowed to give any further discounts on any of the plans, and no dealers care even offering the plans, Blah, blah, blah..........said he would keep it in mind though.

At the end of this ordeal I plan on writing a long letter to the president of customer service. I will add up all the goods and bads of this whole ordering mess..also who did good and who didn't