2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/05, 03:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kerafaith@May 6, 2005, 11:09 AM

There is something funny about what your wrote Chris about the word "fart". Only because when I was in elem school I had the same teacher for 4th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grade. She would not let us say the word "fart". We had to say "fluff". So everythime I heard "fart" I think of her & elem school.

This conversation makes me think of my GF's terminology for the word........"Shootin Bunnies". Don't know where she ever came up with that one.....
Old 5/6/05, 07:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Well in my opinion, two best colors out, are metallic redfire, and black. The only reason I didnt get black, was last time I owned a black car, I had to wash 2-3 times a week, if I wanted it to look nice and clean. I am glad I went with redfire as it doesnt show the dirt as bad. It is down right beautiful color. So if you dont mind washing it a lot, I would go with black, its gorgeous clean.
Old 5/7/05, 03:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Update: At this point the dealer has been instructed not to touch this car in any way shape or form, no prep, no PMI, no driving it, no nothing! This thing should be coming to a head on Monday. the rep is trying to put my name on an order that is already pulled for build date of MAY 30. That persons order is for the exact car that was sent to me, he or she in turn or their dealer will be getting a call asking if they would like there order to be substituted with my car, about 5 weeks earlier than expected( where was this golden gift when I was waiting all this time for my car). If they except this then their order would have to have the color changed for me, i also asked if I could change the order to spoiler delete and he said yes. Now i guess this sounds easier than it is, he has got some major fanagling to do to pull it off. I want all the original pricing and protection that I orinally had with my x-plan order. I guess if he cant pull this off, maybe we will talk about a major discount off the black car, and even if he can pull it off, I will then ask for either 500.00 off or a free extended warranty for all my aggravation and inconveniance. Afterall, if this works out this order will be 6 and a half to 7 months old, and 06's are just around the corner, they will be almost building me a leftover...lol! Of course if he gives me nothing that is fine too, as long as I get the car at the original price and terms. He almost made it sound like he would have to discount the new order to the dealer for me to get my price, I guess the other order is not x-plan.
Bad things
I will now not be getting a car till mid June at the earliest.

It may now not have my name on the window sticker.

I will probably be on vacation when it comes in.

I might noit even be able to call the Robot B%$#h to check on my status because

I may not have the right info anymore because technically it wont be my order

I now can have any color I want ...Oh no, not that dilemna again, I almost went to the funny farm last time with this . I really think the white looks great with stripes also red with white stripes....yipes. one major reason I picked mineral grey was it's stealthiness from the law and not having to wash it constantly, especially since this will be my main car for everyday use

Good Things

The Dealer WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SELL THIS CAR, he will have to give it up, it will have to be picked up and transported the new dealer location.

I can get spoiler delete therefore making the install of a ducktail spoiler much easier and less costly.

This will not be a swap so it will be delivered just like if it was ordered for me, not some moron driving it from one dealer to another.

The salesman all of a sudden has been calling me like crazy, I just talked to him a little while ago you should have heard his voice at the thought that he could not sell this car to anyone else but me, priceless!!!!
Yesterday, I asked him whewre he was for the last 3 months and why not so much as a call with a single update...NEVER!
He told me that he thought that I was doing all the checking and keeping up, so he thought that he did not have to :notnice: , you can guess what I told him at that point.
I will update as this pans out, any advice or ideas will be appreciated....Dave :bang:
Old 5/7/05, 03:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great news Dave! Hopefully things will work out. No big deal about the name in the window sticker, I ordered mine and my name wasn't there. I was disappointed at first, but I'm too busy showing off the car, no need to show off the window sticker. Good luck, again.
Old 5/7/05, 03:45 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David,

that is a fantastic resolution for you, good that Ford is penalizing the dealer for building the car wrong. I bet mr. salesguy thought you would order yourself another one to your specs and he could flip this one with a huge markup.

Don't worry, a few weeks wait is worth it.
Old 5/7/05, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

That really stinks but ok hear me out...
I know this idea may sound really outragous but have you thought about just getting the dealership to pay the cost to get the black car painted Mineral Gray? Not only would you get your car alot sooner but you would most likely end up with a way better paint job...no orange peel. Just a thought
Old 5/7/05, 04:02 PM
V6 Member

Sounds like the Ford rep is doing everything he can to remedy a dealer screw-up. With your dealer having changed the color, any $$$$ discounts should be coming from their end NOT the manufacturer.
Hope all works out OK for you.
Old 5/7/05, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Dave,
Sounds like a good deal to correct the mistake. Hope everything works out.

bill
Old 5/7/05, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Dave, sounds like a fair out come to a pissie situation. At least you get an easy install for the Duck Tail

So, with this deal in mind, has to be one of the reasons some people luck out and get their car in a lesser time than others.
Old 5/7/05, 07:21 PM
FR500 Member

Sounds to me like the Ford rep knows exactly what the dealer was pulling and will make life uneasy for the dealer. Good luck, hope everything turns out for you and soon!

Paul
Old 5/7/05, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 2:04 AM
Ford has a better idea, oooops! My car was ordered as Mineral Grey, arrived at the dealership today as a black car. I would suggest anybody waiting for a car that has been built, to have your dealer call and get verification on the correct color as ordered, here is the post I just put in the April 25th build week thread.
"Dave here, , this has been just unbelievable, just wait until tomorrow. all I know is, I thought if I ever heard those dreaded two letters( C/U) again I would scream, well as crazy as it may seem, it might just happen.
The owner of the dealership is writing a letter to Ford tonight and expects an answer on what we are going to do about this situation. I am pretty bent on one thing though, if they are to build me another car, then I want it built next week and shipped immediately and I think they should definately throw me some sort of a bone, how about a credit from Ford for 1000.00 off the price. I told the manager I would take the black car if FORD would pay for detailing for the life of the car...lol. I also told him that if it is reordered that I want the price locked at what I was to pay per our agreement on Dec 7 04 and that if it was going to be built again, give me spoiler delete as long as it wont effect the price in any way!!!
I wonder if they will even have an expaination on what happened, this was not the dealers fault( at least I dont think so), all the paperwork, DORA etc said mineral gray. What kind of quality control do they have there at ford, does anyone know how this could have possibly happened?
One of my options for tomorrow mess will be to build me a 06 GT, titanium silver, same options as my previous order, first in line priviledge,same price as agreed upon on Dec 07 04...........yeah right, like this might happen!
well if they do build another car for me, then the dealer makes out doesn't he, he will sell the black car for MSRP or better instead of x-plan to me, and then get my 2nd new car and sell it to me... , i should get a cut of his profit that he makes on the car, since my big rant to president of Ford cust relations got them the allocation in the first place........what BS!!!
No nanners for me...
So here is the best part, I never received any notice from my dealer about anything over the last three months, NOTHING, I totally found the car by accident. :notnice:
And for those who care, there was 3.5 miles on the speedo and this car was not prepped yet, and yes, my name was on the window sticker and this is what my face looked like, , big time!!
I would appreciate any suggestions or constuctive critisism of my situation, thanks, Dave.
For a chevy guy crossing over to Ford, not been a good ride so far, NOT AT ALL! I will be giving the zone rep a call first thing tomorrow and he will be getting an earful for sure, this is the same guy who got my dealer the allottment and told me to call him if i had any further problems. "

Sorry for the RANT.
Ford doesn't normally make a mistake like that , I would think more on the Dealer screwing up on it and to not say Boo for three months ? Hows about the vin # did you get one with your order that you placed then its all down on paper with the color somewhere. maybe they sold it ? who knows , almost this same thing happened to me I wanted a White GT and they almost ordered me a Windviel Blue. Check you Dealer # Body Style # Customer # and your vin # out and see maybe who might be at fault. just a thiught. Ed
Old 5/8/05, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 7, 2005, 3:48 PM
David,

that is a fantastic resolution for you, good that Ford is penalizing the dealer for building the car wrong. I bet mr. salesguy thought you would order yourself another one to your specs and he could flip this one with a huge markup.

Don't worry, a few weeks wait is worth it.
The dealer did not build the car wrong, it just somehow was changed on March 23rd at the regional office, the guy who changed it was ask what happened and he does not remember anything about it and does not remember a dealer request for a change...how mysterios!!!
Old 5/8/05, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by HorsC@May 7, 2005, 4:01 PM
That really stinks but ok hear me out...
I know this idea may sound really outragous but have you thought about just getting the dealership to pay the cost to get the black car painted Mineral Gray? Not only would you get your car alot sooner but you would most likely end up with a way better paint job...no orange peel. Just a thought
I do not believe the paint job would be better and the dissassembly involved to get the paint in all the places the factory paint goes would be ridiculous, and lets not forget the stripping of orig paint out of every crack and crevise. Now lets talk about all the reassembly by the body shop and not by Ford...NO thank you, way to many complications down the road!:notnice:
Old 5/8/05, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt+May 7, 2005, 7:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottaHaveIt @ May 7, 2005, 7:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 2:04 AM
Ford has a better idea, oooops! My car was ordered as Mineral Grey, arrived at the dealership today as a black car. I would suggest anybody waiting for a car that has been built, to have your dealer call and get verification on the correct color as ordered, here is the post I just put in the April 25th build week thread.
"Dave here, , this has been just unbelievable, just wait until tomorrow. all I know is, I thought if I ever heard those dreaded two letters( C/U) again I would scream, well as crazy as it may seem, it might just happen.
The owner of the dealership is writing a letter to Ford tonight and expects an answer on what we are going to do about this situation. I am pretty bent on one thing though, if they are to build me another car, then I want it built next week and shipped immediately and I think they should definately throw me some sort of a bone, how about a credit from Ford for 1000.00 off the price. I told the manager I would take the black car if FORD would pay for detailing for the life of the car...lol. I also told him that if it is reordered that I want the price locked at what I was to pay per our agreement on Dec 7 04 and that if it was going to be built again, give me spoiler delete as long as it wont effect the price in any way!!!
I wonder if they will even have an expaination on what happened, this was not the dealers fault( at least I dont think so), all the paperwork, DORA etc said mineral gray. What kind of quality control do they have there at ford, does anyone know how this could have possibly happened?
One of my options for tomorrow mess will be to build me a 06 GT, titanium silver, same options as my previous order, first in line priviledge,same price as agreed upon on Dec 07 04...........yeah right, like this might happen!
well if they do build another car for me, then the dealer makes out doesn't he, he will sell the black car for MSRP or better instead of x-plan to me, and then get my 2nd new car and sell it to me... , i should get a cut of his profit that he makes on the car, since my big rant to president of Ford cust relations got them the allocation in the first place........what BS!!!
No nanners for me...
So here is the best part, I never received any notice from my dealer about anything over the last three months, NOTHING, I totally found the car by accident. :notnice:
And for those who care, there was 3.5 miles on the speedo and this car was not prepped yet, and yes, my name was on the window sticker and this is what my face looked like, , big time!!
I would appreciate any suggestions or constuctive critisism of my situation, thanks, Dave.
For a chevy guy crossing over to Ford, not been a good ride so far, NOT AT ALL! I will be giving the zone rep a call first thing tomorrow and he will be getting an earful for sure, this is the same guy who got my dealer the allottment and told me to call him if i had any further problems. "

Sorry for the RANT.
Ford doesn't normally make a mistake like that , I would think more on the Dealer screwing up on it and to not say Boo for three months ? Hows about the vin # did you get one with your order that you placed then its all down on paper with the color somewhere. maybe they sold it ? who knows , almost this same thing happened to me I wanted a White GT and they almost ordered me a Windviel Blue. Check you Dealer # Body Style # Customer # and your vin # out and see maybe who might be at fault. just a thiught. Ed
[/b][/quote]
Car was ordered correctly...order was changed at the regional level 3 months later
Old 5/8/05, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

That's a very encouraging development, David. Kudos to you for sticking it out and enduring all of the poopie-kaka. I wish the very best for you.

Now let's hear no more of those horrid words! My virgin ears! Good grief! I bet the dealer is saying "Oh fiddle sticks! Another GT we can't mark up!" This sanitized post was brought to you by the Mayberry Police. Just kiddin' fellas, don't flame me! Just havin' fun with y'all...

PS - I publish periodicals about Great Danes that frequently mention the female dog word and it seems perfectly innocent. I know I know, it's the context.
Old 5/8/05, 05:10 PM
GT Member

My guess is another customer already made the dealer a "deal he couldn't refuse" on a black GT & your's was going to get lost!
Old 5/8/05, 06:15 PM
GT Member

I'm sorry you were shipped a different color, but you have several options. Ask them to expedite the manufacture of a mineral gray, or ask them to trade the black one with another dealer, or take the black one if it pleases you. Other than some initial disappointment over the wrong color, you'll be fine.
Old 5/11/05, 02:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Update: The car is still sitting there on the dealer lot...unprepped. all of a sudden my salesman has been calling twice a day.
It does not look good for me at this point. He ( the Ford rep ) was trying to work a May 30 build date but that fell apart, now he is talking about a mid june build. He also did not realize i got the car with x plan so now he cannot even discount the black car to me at all. Also asked if I can get an 06 at my present purchase price, that was also impossible.
I will probably be talking with him tomorrow, I think it is time to get a little not nice with him, even though it seems like he is trying to help, lip service anyway.
I think I want to know what Ford is going to do for me since it was 100% fords fault...case closed!!!
Old 5/11/05, 02:35 AM
Cobra R Member

David this really stinks for you...do you have paperwork and deposit slip showing color you ordered? Hate to say it,but might almost be time to send ford a letter from your lawyers.

Is there no way your dealer might not buy the blackone from you for 500 more then you payed? That way at least your 500 ahead,and then order a 06 (might be better anyways,with bugs all worked out) and get the mineral grey you really wanted...
Old 5/11/05, 03:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dave - what happened to the deal the Rep was working on? I can't believe you're going through this! I read your other thread "anybody want to buy a black GT". Have you considered selling it on EBay? Seeing some of the prices on there makes me believe you could get what you're asking. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: 5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN