2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

5,500 heads are better than 1

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hmmm...I wanted the IUP and found one with it...but to "move" the non-IUP cars I have a few thoughts...

I don't mind non-IUP as long as it the dark charcoal....Local Dealer (Harrelson Ford) has a non-IUP premium white GT with parchment leather that they have had since mid-november and can't sell it. It beame their test drive mule and is now marked down to $19k (I don't know all the specifics but did call last weekend and verify it was that. They won't discuss specifics until you come in tho..?). The biggest reason is the white/parchment/black dash is u-g-l-y! I haven't seen a non-IUP light graphite in person yet but don't think they blend well with the black.

Ricer Seller (blech!..but whatever can turn $$$)
So...how about a double black GT (dark charcoal interior / black exterior) with a nice window tint kit and some flashy bling bling 20's on it? Hold on...before you yell at me he asked what WOULD sell....If I go by what most 16-22 year olds in my area drive...that's it. Friend just got his 18 year old son a 05 Mineral Gray V6 and first thing he did is put a set of those 20" mags that keep turning when you stop (don't know the name) and tinted the windows out. Not my thing...but it would be an inexpensive add-on package that would have a good chance of moving them off the lot.

Racer Boy Seller
Stripped GT (again..dark charcoal with any color preferably Screaming Yellow or Torch Red). No options except selecting deluxe GT. Then put on some "tasteful" stripes. Some nice 18" rims (max) torque thrust maybe? Then some sticky Goodyear raised white letter tires (show em' if ya' got em!). Add on a gauge package for extra $$$...CDC has a gauge pod...someone else (steeda? saleen?) has one too.

"Grande" Model
Believe it or not...this is the most offensive one to me. This would work well for those white/parchment/black non-IUP cars. <Gagg!>...Put in the woodgrain dash kit. Some 17 or 18 chrome Eroupean looking rims (nothing too flashy). A set of white letter tires (not the BIG LETTER Goodyear type). Add some extra interior protection options (extensive scotchgaurd w/warranty on cloth seats/carpet. Conditioning kit for Leather interior). Splash guards and maybe <gagg!> special badges "LS" "ES"....maybe even take off the GT badges and put these on instead

can't believe I just made that reccomendation...

Jay
Old 1/13/05, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add 18" or 19" wheels and some stripes .. call it 'Exterior Upgrade Package"
Old 1/15/05, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldnt just put something on to compensate for the lack of an IUP because there will be people who wont like it. I would just keep the IUP cars out of sight so the generic person does not see the iup. And when it comes to picking options, just downplay it.