2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

$230 to take old TPMS out and into new wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/07, 04:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$230 to take old TPMS out and into new wheels.

Discount tires quoted me $230 to take my old sensors out and put them into my new wheels. Do you guy think that is a rip off price? My new wheels already have the tires mounted on them. Should I just mount the tires myself and heck with the TPMS?
Old 9/17/07, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The Discount Tire store here in Aurora,CO didn't charge me squat and I've had 3 different sets of wheels changed out with the sensors.I'd call their home office and speak with a regional manager about that crapola.They didn't even charge me for the new bands.They cannot use the original bands.
Old 9/17/07, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by chowgp
Discount tires quoted me $230 to take my old sensors out and put them into my new wheels. Do you guy think that is a rip off price? My new wheels already have the tires mounted on them. Should I just mount the tires myself and heck with the TPMS?
If the tires are already on I wouldn't bother pulling them off the rim and putting the sensors in. It seems every time I get my rubber put on or off my 20" rims get scars. Just reset the TPMS when you turn your TSC off. My TPMS alert only comes on once in awhile, not everytime I start the car. Some days it won't even turn on.
Old 9/17/07, 05:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 347strokin
If the tires are already on I wouldn't bother pulling them off the rim and putting the sensors in. It seems every time I get my rubber put on or off my 20" rims get scars. Just reset the TPMS when you turn your TSC off. My TPMS alert only comes on once in awhile, not everytime I start the car. Some days it won't even turn on.
I didn't put any TPMS on my snows and hope mine does'nt work all the time.
Old 9/17/07, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

I also called my local ford dealer and they quoted me $190 for 2 hour labor. Plus they didn't have bands that fit 20' wheels, and they said the bands cost $65 each. WTH? Should I just install the wheels without the TPMS?
Old 9/17/07, 07:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some problems with Discount when I went to have my new tires/wheels put on.

I went there right after I picked up my car, and told the guy at the counter that I was there to have my new tires/wheels put on and to remember to take the tire pressure sensors off the old wheels and put on the new ones. He was like, "yeah OK."

So, after about 45 minutes the guy rolled my car up and said here you go! I asked if he had transfered the sensors to the new wheels and he froze. They of course had forgotten!

But, they transfered them over and all is well. No lights going on or anything like that.......

Originally Posted by chowgp
Old 9/17/07, 07:53 PM
GT Member

i dont have the sensors and rarely I get the tire light. It's not worth the cash if you have the original wheel/tire combo even slightly close to your car every day.