2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 Appearance, Paint, Finish and more...

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/06, 07:17 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahh... election years

Back in 2004 I had a lot of fun moderating political discussions

Lets please try and keep things on topic. Feel free to start a political discussion thread, but I reassure you it will get ugly.

Back on topic, I think my car was well put together, no rattles, the gaps are good and I have yet to find an empty beer car or bottle cap in the car
Old 10/24/06, 07:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Speaking of things left behind... Anyone remember those pictures of the "new" '05's that had messages written on the bottom of the oil pan? Several cars had "Hi" written on them and I think some had smiley faces.
Old 10/24/06, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Domestic

Originally Posted by metroplex
Carfax shows the S197s as being manufactured in the United States.
My Crown Vic was manufactured in Canada, but US and Canada are considered "domestic". I'm not sure about Mexico.
Hey wait just a Frakkin minute isn't a domestic beer cheaper as so shouldn't the car too ?
Old 10/25/06, 12:34 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Boltzman
whats up with the politics?
They're getting restless 'cause they know the Democrats are gonna retake the House in November.

Truth is, both parties are filled with crooks and layabouts! The whole lot of them take special interest bribes to benefit corporate America while the little guy gets screwed. Congressmen work two days a week and make $160,000 per year (not including the bribes). Did they even bother to pass a bill this year?

Meanwhile, back on topic...
Old 10/25/06, 05:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My 05 MG V6 coupe is easily the best quality Ford I have owned - My 84 Turbo Coupe and 95 Contour are very close, however.- The only glitch in assembly/finish was the fit of the left door to rear 1/4 (simple adjustment). Has had several TSBs related to suspension and fuel system performed-but that is something I can live with!

My .02 on the political thing-don't count on the dems doing as well as everyone thinks-just repeat this phrase and you will see what I mean: "Speaker Of The House-Nancy Pelosi-Third in line to the Presidency" makes one's sphincter pucker-eh?

Back to topic....
Old 10/25/06, 05:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
My 2000 Vic is one of the best quality Fords we've owned. About the only thing wrong with it is the lack of power. The 2003 E-250 had black paint that peeled off like wallpaper, but luckily we had it repaired under warranty.
Old 10/25/06, 06:02 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tiberius1701
My .02 on the political thing-don't count on the dems doing as well as everyone thinks-just repeat this phrase and you will see what I mean: "Speaker Of The House-Nancy Pelosi-Third in line to the Presidency" makes one's sphincter pucker-eh?
They're all incompetent crooks, the whole lot of 'em, more interested in their own selfish ambitions than the good of the people.

Throw the bums out and start fresh! Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and Lincoln must be spinning in their graves watching this "do nothing" government.
Old 10/25/06, 08:06 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
They're all incompetent crooks, the whole lot of 'em, more interested in their own selfish ambitions than the good of the people.

Throw the bums out and start fresh! Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and Lincoln must be spinning in their graves watching this "do nothing" government.
Yeah, they're probably spinning so fast, they're hitting the rev limiter. It would probably take this nation's founders to fix the mess the whole scene has degenerated into. Of course, one could always try voting (GASP!) independent, or would it just be - "a wasted vote?" Brings to mind that Simpsons Halloween Special from waay back when Kang & Kodos (sp.) took over the earth during the Clinton/Dole election year... Sorry, back to topic!
Old 10/26/06, 12:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Only complaint I had was that my right rear quarter window was not installed properly (see attachment). It seems that the factory robot put too much urethane adhesive in the bottom forward corner and the next robot slapped the window on and down the line it went. It was sticking out almost a good quarter of an inch. Looked like an "air brake."
That extra glob of urethane was found by the window installer when he removed (I actually had them break the glass since he said it would be easier and we didn't have to tear the interior apart or risk damaging the paint surrounding the window frame). And that was another story...seems the replacement window (FORD OEM Carlite) doesn't come with the factory guide pins and so it's not that easy to get the window to line up like the factory. No Quality Job One here...the left side was perfect (and it had the Ford Job Quality One sticker on it...hehehehehehehe)...
Attached Images  
Old 10/26/06, 07:51 AM
GT Member

I've had my 07 GT vert for 3 1/2 months; it has 1,600 miles on it.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Fit and finish overall is great; body panel alignment is outstanding.

2. General paint quality is good but lacking in the hard-to-see areas. Ford seems to have the paint application process down to a science and essentially does not use one extra drop of paint. In my view it's a save-now, pay-later mistake.

3. I have the IUP and PTP, and the interior still looks / feels cheap.

4. Carpet quality is a joke.

5. And finally - the value equation. I think what you get for the money is a great value, and possibly the best value out there. But I do not think this continues to be true if the vehicle will be modified or heavily modified for that matter.

Like any other owner, I have my list of mods in mind and although I have not done any yet - when I tally up the numbers, the aggregate (potential) cost now puts the vehicle into an entirely different line-up of competition. And at that those levels, some of the Ford cheapness (interior plastic, etc.) is far inferior.

Overall, a great and fun vehicle - and up to now, no problems other than a squeaky 5 spd shifter.
Old 10/26/06, 08:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mail906
I've had my 07 GT vert for 3 1/2 months; it has 1,600 miles on it.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Fit and finish overall is great; body panel alignment is outstanding.

2. General paint quality is good but lacking in the hard-to-see areas. Ford seems to have the paint application process down to a science and essentially does not use one extra drop of paint. In my view it's a save-now, pay-later mistake.

3. I have the IUP and PTP, and the interior still looks / feels cheap.

4. Carpet quality is a joke.

5. And finally - the value equation. I think what you get for the money is a great value, and possibly the best value out there. But I do not think this continues to be true if the vehicle will be modified or heavily modified for that matter.

Like any other owner, I have my list of mods in mind and although I have not done any yet - when I tally up the numbers, the aggregate (potential) cost now puts the vehicle into an entirely different line-up of competition. And at that those levels, some of the Ford cheapness (interior plastic, etc.) is far inferior.

Overall, a great and fun vehicle - and up to now, no problems other than a squeaky 5 spd shifter.
Yeah, I got the 5 speed boot problem as well. It's a common complaint. I popped the bezel and sprayed down the interior of the boot with a leather cleaner/treatment, just about any interior treatment product will work, and the sound dissappeared for a while. It's back again though, but not as bad. I'll have to do it again... I bet something with a more oily sustance(cooking oil???) would work better. Funny thing is... it took me a while to target the sound. I thought it was coming from the dash for weeks and it drove me crazy.
Old 10/26/06, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

Funny you say all these things

My car looks like it was painted in the Sahara. More than three dozen pieces of dirt in the clear, and one smudge in the color on the passenger door. Not pleased at all. I took it to the dealer, and they said they would fix it, but do I want the headache?

Body panel alignment is great. Some rattles, but nothing major.