2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Steeda Q400

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/04, 10:51 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<center>Steeda Introduces the Brand New, All-American, Road-Hungry, Screamin’ Yellow Q!

</center>
Over 40 years ago, Ford introduced the Mustang, created the muscle car niche and acquired over eight million happy customers along the way. This fall, Ford introduces a brand new Mustang, and has called upon their Number One aftermarket performance company to prepare a display car for the SEMA show worthy of that legacy. Happily, with 20 years of race winning experience added to Ford’s impressive, new platform, the Screamin’ Yellow Q (SYQ) from Steeda Autosports does not disappoint!

From the Curb: The ’05 Mustang has a retro-modern style, integrating design elements from the original cars of the ‘60’s (fast back roofline, long hood/short deck proportions) with the fit and finish modern day drivers demand. The SYQ takes nothing away from this pleasing balance, but compliments it with a trio of enhancements - a Steeda-designed hood, unique front air dam and functional rear wing, enhancing the car’s appearance and smoothing out the aerodynamics. Smoother is faster and, since lighter is faster, too, the SYQ sits on a set of Steeda Five Spoke Wheels – wheels cast under high pressure, making them lighter & stronger than other look-alikes.

In the Cockpit: The ’05 Mustangs, like those that came before, are ‘driver’s cars’, with all controls ergonomically positioned to keep the driver in control. Here, Steeda engineered a plethora of billet and chrome compliments to add a bit more style and substance to the factory offering; shifter bezel, emergency brake & pedal covers, door sill plates, window switches, door handles all get an upgrade and a dead pedal gets added to offer the needed support for the spirited driving sure to follow. And power shifting is expected, even encouraged, via the stout, patented Steeda Tri-Ax Ò shifter.

Underpinnings; the Beginnings of High Performance: Steeda’s approach to enhancing automotive performance rises from the bottom up – literally. Since horsepower not efficiently transmitted to the pavement is simply horsepower wasted, Steeda engineers start with data obtained directly from Ford, via the SEMA Technology Transfer program.

Then, with the R & D experience that twenty race-winning years in production-based Mustangs can provide, suspension and handling are addressed. Out back, beefy aluminum lower and fully adjustable upper control arms are substituted along with an adjustable panhard bar, while up front, Steeda’s X5 ball joints, bumpsteer kit, strut tower brace and adjustable camber plates are utilized. Steeda Sport Springs, and upgraded stay bars are found both front and rear. Does that line-up sound familiar? It might, when you consider that the current version of these Steeda parts are found under most of the production-based Fords seen in winner’s circles this year, at both road courses and at drag strips.

The Hood Also Rises: Up top, the Technology Transfer continues with an exclusive calibration designed to maximize the performance benefits obtained from Steeda engineered underdrive pulleys, cold air induction, headers and high flow exhaust. These elements raise the performance from the factory 300hp level by a full 15% to 350hp – all naturally aspirated.

Yes, a supercharged version is in the works (SYQ-SC), and yes, it will produce over 400hp like the current Steeda Q400 – but those who cannot wait for more performance will find that as the ’05 Mustangs ship to dealers in October, Steeda already has over 100 different parts on their shelves or in the pipe. That means parts are readily available for do-it-yourself enthusiasts who like to turn their own wrenches. For those who prefer simply to turn keys, ’05 Mustangs may be enhanced at the Steeda Campus in Pompano Beach, Florida, or through their nationwide network of New Vehicle Dealers.

So when does 40 + 20 = 100? When America’s premiere automaker takes its 40 years of Mustang success and permits Steeda to enhance the performance based on 20 years of race-winning experience. The result: 100% high-performance driving satisfaction! The only down side – as Ford begins production of the next eight million Mustangs, not all of them will get to be a Steeda SYQ.

Will yours? The industry gets their first look at the Steeda ’05 SYQ at Ford’s SEMA Showcase in November. Orders will be taken prior to the event.

THE FAST TRACK

Aerodynamic Enhancements
  • Steeda designed hood
  • Unique front air dam
  • Functional rear wing
Wheels & Tires
  • 18 x 9.5 Steeda Five Spoke Wheels
  • Nitto NT555 - P285/35/ZR18 Tires
Interior Appointments
  • Billet Aluminum Shifter Bezel
  • Billet Aluminum E-Brake Handle
  • Billet Aluminum Pedal Covers
  • Billet Aluminum Dead Pedal
  • Billet Aluminum Sill Plates
  • Billet Aluminum Window Switches
  • Billet Aluminum Door Handles
  • Tri-Ax Shifter
Suspension
  • Sport Springs
  • Front and Rear Stay Bars
  • Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Fully Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm
  • Adjustable Panhard Bar
  • X5 Ball Joints
  • Bumpsteer Kit
  • Strut Tower Brace
  • Adjustable Camber Plates
Performance
  • Steeda-Engineered Cold Air Induction Kit
  • Special Steeda Autosports-Designed Headers
  • Steeda-Engineered High Flow Exhaust System
  • Underdrive Pulleys
  • Exclusive Calibration through the Ford Technology Transfer Program
Old 9/14/04, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
"Then, with the R & D experience that twenty race-winning years in production-based Mustangs can provide, suspension and handling are addressed. Out back, beefy aluminum lower and fully adjustable upper control arms are substituted along with an adjustable panhard bar, while up front, Steeda’s X5 ball joints, bumpsteer kit, strut tower brace and adjustable camber plates are utilized. Steeda Sport Springs, and upgraded stay bars are found both front and rear. Does that line-up sound familiar? It might, when you consider that the current version of these Steeda parts are found under most of the production-based Fords seen in winner’s circles this year, at both road courses and at drag strips. "

Upper control arms??? :scratch:
Old 9/14/04, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely awesome! Can't wait to start modding!
Old 9/14/04, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I may have to go with those Steeda lower skirts. I think I am going non-retro now, yellow sure is pretty
Old 9/14/04, 11:06 AM
Queen Of Nascar

That is one cool looking ride
Old 9/14/04, 11:12 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Very Nice . . Didn't 'Topnotch' make that chop? (Can't remember.)

Looks very good. Reminds me of the old Fox Body Steeda's in terms of layout/design. Not too flashy.
Old 9/14/04, 11:17 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
350 HP with pulleys, exhaust and CAI? that is amazing...

still a lot of power potential in the 4.6
Old 9/14/04, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

I can't say I really care for the exterior design (just seems like something is missing, and I can't quite put my finger on it), but I have never really been that nuch of a fan of Steeda....however the cool thing is that the mods that brought the pony up to 350hp are things that most of us would have done to the GT any way, so that rocks :headbang:
Old 9/14/04, 11:24 AM
GT Member

350 HP, sweet!
Old 9/14/04, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 14, 2004, 9:20 AM
350 HP with pulleys, exhaust and CAI? that is amazing...

still a lot of power potential in the 4.6
It looks like they have a "legal" chip reprogram, look at that last bullet item:
  • Exclusive Calibration through the Ford Technology Transfer Program
I bet that's where half of the HP gain comes from.
Old 9/14/04, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pulleys, Headers, CAI, Exhaust, only equal 50 crank horses? Doesn't that seem a little low? I thought this thing was underrated to begin with?

I know cars that pick up 40whp just from headers. Are the stock manifolds just that good?

Those mirrors look sweet, as do the wheels.
Old 9/14/04, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I don't think they got much out of the exhaust on the 2005. What's the price on this thing? I'm actually scared to ask.
Old 9/14/04, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Did they relocate the antenna to the rear, or is that how it is on the Stang? Would like to see the spoiler from a side and rear view.

Should be called the San Diego Surfing Edition
Old 9/14/04, 12:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Cars don't add horsepower, they 'unleash'

CAI, Headers, Exhaust, Pulleys is good for 50hp..which is great!
Unlike some people who take the back of the box predictions for bible truth.

Plus don't forget theres a tune in there.
That easily bumps the timing and probably 91 octane fuel is required.

Cars pickup 40RWHP from headers ALONE?
put down the pipe....name 3 and they aren't an integra, prelude or civic.
seems like ricer math

The 03 Cobra responds awsome to mods cause of the force induction.
its SEVERELY corked to begin with.

The 05 doesn't seem to be too corked.
Seems like its got a good mandrel bent 2.5" SS exhaust, with some highflow cats....the manifolds look pretty efficient too.
Old 9/14/04, 12:20 PM
V6 Member

Funny, those wheels are copies of SSR Integrals (the originals) which fizzled out of production back in '02, but have been knocked off by about a hundred companies...not very original for the '05 Steeda (these are true copies, everything is the same down to the five little holes between the lugs). I used to have them on my '00 BMW 328Ci a few years back. They are...uh..WERE..one of my favorites...

As for the rest....Rice, Rice, Baby....Stop, Collaborate and Listen...Nice towel rack on the back, whose Honda did that get stolen from?

That's the best they can come up with considering this car has been in the public eye for over a year? Yikes.

Josh
Old 9/14/04, 12:22 PM
GT Member

I like the front end treatment better than Roush, and I like the side skirts. although, neither the hood nor the wing are for me. Nice to know there will be mods ready for the car this quickly. 350 is not too shabby for a few bolt-on parts--and that sets the bar. I can't wait for the SEMA show.

I think Josh is right about this looking a little "ricey" :R: (wing and graphics), but hey, if that's what some people want, then let 'em have at it.
Old 9/14/04, 12:26 PM
GT Member

Can't anyone build some NICE looking rims for this new Horse?

Maybe someone can start a new thread for BEST looking rims for the 05'
Old 9/14/04, 12:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the overall look...its not too overdone...Roush seem to be more 'out there' in terms over changing style...

Steeda has always been more subtle style, and peformance.

I'm glad steeda has a canadian site/store now.....

-pedals
-headers
-pulleys
-cai
-mirror covers

and whatever else they have ...
good times are-ah comin...
Old 9/14/04, 12:32 PM
GT Member

I like Japanese cars, but hate the ricer look. However, from the one view we have, I don't think this wing is all that bad. I may change my mind if I get another view of it.
Old 9/14/04, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the problem is that you are trying to take modern looking wheels and fit them on a retro looking car. Every set of wheels ive seen so far ends up making it look like one of those "G-Machine" restorations in Hot Rod Magazine. I happen to like that look, but i could see how some of you "nostalgics" would hate it. I think the FR500 rims in 19 inch would look sick on this car. But i dont think they make them in this bolt pattern.

Quick Reply: 2005 Steeda Q400