2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

06 same Allocations as 05 Stang Gts

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/05, 07:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here we are 2 months into the 2006 Stang GTs.....
As I can see Some dealers have Stang Gts on their lots selling for MSRP or More,But they are in the South just like last year..But there are a few like last year that you can get a deal on.Most of the dealers like last year are in the south,Capital Ford has many stang Gts on their lots but they are dead set at sticker...
If you have read last years posts around Nov 2004 people have had orders for their Gts but most had to reorder them as a 2006 last June.
To me it seems that they are making the same amount of Stang GTs...
I got lucky and got mine at Invoice but the dealer has not seen any GTs since I bought mine.I see that in Pa,NJ and NY you can find a dealer or 2 that have one or two Gts,but they want sticker or higher.But most dealers have only V6s ONLY......
So I would not Order a Stang GT unless you want to change it to a 2007 in June of 2006....I would say if you can get a stang Gt at sticker or LESS get it because when spring comes around you might not have a GT....
I am sure many are Getting Gts from Orders just like last year ,but most will never see the car...Let me know if I am wrong....The less Gts that they make the Resale says up for us.JohnnyT
Old 10/18/05, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Uh... Why do you even care about resale value? I'm keeping my stang until I run it into the ground.
Old 10/18/05, 03:33 PM
GT Member

IMHO as long as your dealer has decent allocation and they give you a good priority #, you'll get your stang. It sounds like the production of 05's got off to a slow start (new model and high demand), and they didn't end up building enough to cover the orders. I ordered my 06 GT on 8/23 from a fairly small dealership in NH (priority 10), and am expecting delivery w/o 10/24. That's nine weeks, not bad.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll see the waiting and reordering that we did with the 05's. The plant's up to snuff now. You can't find any on the lots up here like you can in Florida, etc. but it seems like they can be had in the same amount of time as other ordered cars.
Old 10/19/05, 05:28 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Brian I'm sad I won't be the only Redfire GT in Nashua anymore :cry:

You've probably seen me around. You should come race it with us at New England Dragway before they close on 10/30. It's the only proper way to break a new car in.
Old 10/19/05, 05:53 AM
Cobra Member

[The reason a lot of dealers only have V-6's on the lot is that all of their GT allocation is going into filling retail and x-plan orders. We have 1 GT vert in stock and the only reason is that a TMS member cancelled his order after i had gotten it pulled within 48 hours of ordering it!
I have sold double digit 06 GT's; all through orders and the average wait for scheduling after the order being submitted was 3 weeks. To me that is not a backlog and the system is working. We are in the heart of the uper midwest so we sure do not get an overabundance of GT's but wnough to satisfy our retail customers.
Old 10/19/05, 11:31 AM
GT Member

I am sure you are one of the few dealers that can get the Gts,But most don't have them....And for the little dealers they have not seen any Gts yet...
I love it when people think they are going to get a GT in 8-12 weeks lol{maybe in the south you can}
I had a order for a stang Gt at X-Plan at a medium size dealer since last june.Hummmm thats almost 5 months would you think i should have had it by nowwww,But its still at C/U.......And the dealer has got only 1 Gt so far.And My Priority #10 order number C000 and I was surposed to get the first GT that they got in....
So whoever really thinks that they have a low Priority# at a Medium or small dealer,Think twice because after 8-12 weeks you might be still waiting at C/U...
Best bet go look around and shop a bit for a stang gt around where you are living unless you want to order it from one of the good people from this site .Because thats the only way you are going to get it...I hate sounding rude but somebody has to tell you....JohnnyT
Old 10/19/05, 11:37 AM
GT Member

Ohhh one more thing most dealers will tell yea that they have the allocations or that they can move your priority up a bit........Don't beleave them once they have your money they will tell you anything.....I had a dealer that told me that he has allocalions will will be happy in giving my the X-Plan Pricing...Anyway He told me that I should see the car in June of 2006....And a small dealer was honest and told me that he can give me X-Plan pricing but he didnot think he will get any Gts in.......a little advise.JohnnyT
Old 10/19/05, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Johnny:

I was in C/U limbo for months. Then on 9/29 I called Ed (ISELLFORDS) he got me serialized in a week (10/6), I have an expected build date of 11/7 I should be scheduled sometime this week or next. If you are still without answers you should call Ed. He may not have allocation for you himself but he has also tracked down cars on others lots for TMS members. One way or the other, if its possible he will get you a car.

By the way Ed, I know its early but.... any update on my scheduling. Kzinti said maybe tonite.

Neil
Old 10/19/05, 12:38 PM
GT Member

Yea i know (Isellfords} is a good company and i am sure they have allocations..But what I am saying the other dealers around him and most other dealers don't have or will get few if any Gts at all....Thanks but I got My 06 Gt at Invoice on labor day,but if I waited for the dealer i ordered from I would still be at C/U as of today even though I was Priority#10 since June......Hope you enjoy your car,i know I am.....JohnnyT