1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Whats up guys, couple of quick questions. 03 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/18, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Whats up guys, couple of quick questions. 03 Mustang

Hey whats up again friends, just a few quick questions cause it seems like im stuck.. lol, im 3 months into my 03 black V6 convertible mustang and mann.. it is fun, just like everyone was saying.. i also can see how you have a sort of “need for more speed” when driving the regular v6. But yeah i just have a few performance as well as detail questions, Im currently employed but im part time soo money isnt tight but.. it’ll take me a check or 2 to save up to purchase items for my car, but ultimately what im wondering is.. what do you guys think wiuld be the best mods for your car when on a budget? I really love my car but everything on it is stock. Is that a bad thing? Mainly, I want to get a better exhaust system, Lowering springs, and anything else you guys think a mustang needs or would look way better with. Thank you all, I appreciate any reply
Old 6/2/18, 03:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Nothing wrong with stock.

Mods are for you. Not me, not that guy over there. You. They wont' add value to the car except for your enjoyment factor. So you decide what you want. What I think looks good/works well may not for you, and definitely that other guy, but he simply doesn't know what he's talking about, ignore him.

Point being, we can throw all kinds of things at you but ultimately you will decide anyway, so what's 'best mods' isn't going to be a truth here.

Still...

Wheels and tires

Dualed exhaust maybe with decent mufflers

Lower the car an inch from stock all 'round (which will get you into struts and shocks to compensate as stock dampers don't like lowering, and may also get you into a bumpsteer issue which may require a kit, and may also get you into caster/camber issues up front which may require plates up top, and may also get you into pinion angle issue in the back, another kit, and will definitely harshen your ride no matter what.)

'Course you lower the car, might as well finish the job. Upgraded control arms front and back, and get thee big stiff sway bars to control that body roll.

Whatever paint/body kit might be needed, but nothing too ostentatious. I'd maybe go with a sort-of Mach 1 look without the shaker or the badging, just the stripes and body look. The wheels of course.

As it's a convertible, maybe ensure the interior trim is nice, with some specialized accents here and there, but not too ostentatious, and blending with the Mach 1-ish theme. Can't be specific, but I'm sure I'd come up with something.

That's all the looks though. Performance, bigger exhaust, intake, throttle body, and CAI to make it breather better, which will probably mean getting bigger injectors for that, a tune of some sort... but I typically don't bother with performance like that. Stock is good, easier to replace things if the need replacin'.

Just off the top of my head. Pics would help. For what all that's worth, hope it helps. I'm sure I'll be shot down for some of this, eh... that's what opinions are for, debate.

Last edited by houtex; 6/2/18 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dzr03Musty (6/2/18)
Old 6/2/18, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Definitely alot to take into consideration. I will definitely upload photos of it in the morning! As for The dual exhaust.. wich brand/type do yoy rhink is a good choice for going that route? Also guys.. whats your take on Used exhauset systems or used lowering springs? Better off getting new ones or does t really matter?