1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Turn Signal/Brake Wiring Problem '04 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/15, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal/Brake Wiring Problem '04 Cobra

Hi!
I'm brand new to your forum. I am just beginning the process to add Muth Signal mirrors to my '04 SVT Cobra. This is my 4th or 5th Muth Mirror install on various cars including my '98 GT. Muth does not have instructions for any 2004 Mustangs, so I am following their '03 Mustang ones. With this install I want to wire the mirrors so that the red chevrons light up with the turn signals and the brakes. They have instructions to do it either way. The wires to use are the orange with light blue stripe for the passenger side wiring. I found it left of the steering column, and it tested as expected...lightning my test light both with the brakes and the passenger side turn signals. The wire for the driver's side turn signal/brake light combo is supposed to be light green with an orange stripe. I found it nearby the other wire in a separate bundle, but it is hot all the time. It definitely doesn't control the turn signals and the brakes. I stabbed into many wires in that area of various colors with no luck. Does anyone out there have a suggestion? Is there going to be another light green with orange striped wire around there? It is kind of exhausting work hanging out under the steering column for long periods of time, and I don't wish to pierce every wire in my car. I found an '04 Mustang wiring diagram online and they showed the colors correct as I described. Am I looking in the wrong place? The wire controlling the passenger side is by the steering column, so I figured the other one should be nearby, too. I didn't remove the kick panels yet, as the wires were supposed to be exposed near the steering column. I can call Muth in the morning, but I'm not confident that they are going to know very much. Thanks for your help and for reading all of this!
Old 2/4/15, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all of you that took the time to read my post last night. I was able solve the dilemma this morning. I decided to remove the driver side kick panel to better see the wires. There were 3 different light green/orange striped wires, and I finally found the one that worked. Since Muth had no 2004 instructions, I was following the 2003 ones. However, the wires were no where near the steering column as described in the 2003 instructions...all's well that ends well. Now on with the install... Thanks again!
Old 6/3/19, 06:16 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
On a side note..... I just read the instructions again and it does say to use the 4th connector but shows the 3rd connector in the picture! >_< haha.