1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/06, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic

A while back someone asked me to post pictures of my Tri-Ax installation. I did, but didnt get aound to post them until now.

The first one is just the stock shifter without the boot. Note the long through and slop-inducing black rubber insualtors encasing the lever where it bolts to the shifter. All you have to do here is unbolt the 4 screws.

In the second picture you can see the 4 bolts that mount the shifter to the trans. Once the bolts are out, it takes a little bit or yanking/rocking on the lever to remove the shifter, due to the gasket sealer between the shifter base and trans face.

Picture 3: The difference between the stock and Steeda shifters. If you look at the bottom of the stock shifter, you can see the base is just shaped sheet metal, whereas the Steeda base is a solid Aluminum plate.

Pic 4: The trans. Not much more to say here.

The fifth picture is just the Steeda bolted in. Just a little sealer between the base and trans. This is the stage where you adjust the bolt stops.

Sixth picture shows stock rubber boot re-installed (make sure you keep the little screws!)

Pic 7: The finished product. Looks good and shifts great. The boot looks a little crumpled with the shorter shift handle.

Its a really good shifter and Im thrilled with the way it shifts. Recommended to everyone, even those who dont drive their car hard, because it really gives a better feel for the shifting. Plus the spring-loaded third gear works great!
Attached Thumbnails Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter1.jpg   Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter4.jpg   Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter5.jpg   Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter6.jpg   Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter9.jpg  

Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter10.jpg   Steeda Tri-Ax Installation Pic-shifter11.jpg  
Old 8/4/06, 03:23 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Nicely done on the write up! Glad you like the shifting experience more than ever now
Old 8/4/06, 03:31 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Nicely done on the write up! Glad you like the shifting experience more than ever now
+1
Old 8/4/06, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for that Dan.
I have a funny feeling it might of been me who asked you to post pics. I think that after I get my tuner (which should be on its way now) that is going to be my next mod.
I heard someone say its a good idea to seal around the rubber boot (pic 6) after install. I see a small gap but I wouldnt think that it would be a problem.
Again thanx for the pics, at least I know what I am in for.
Old 8/6/06, 01:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very nicely done!
Old 8/8/06, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks all for the compliments. The combination of easy-to-do and driving improvement makes this a really good addition to your car. And Andy, Im sure you'll like the shifter when you get it. Now you just have to wait for the tuner!
Old 8/9/06, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mudshuvel319
Now you just have to wait for the tuner!
Thats not very nice of you Dan!! You know how long things take to reach you when you are waiting for them.
I want my tuner yesterday!!!!!!!

Whoever said "patience is a virtue" obviously wasnt modding a Mustang when they came up with it.

I need to have it at least a month before my wife forgets all about it and crumbles under the sulky face and constant groveling and lets me buy something else for 'Murray'.