1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

a lil fishy to you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/05, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like BS to me. i know some naive people who know nothing about cars. but they atleast know what year their cars are. blue inserts????
Old 10/19/05, 03:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Scothew@October 19, 2005, 2:45 PM
*disclaimer - assuming it is a scam.*
I'll PayPal you One Dollar if its not.
Old 10/19/05, 03:38 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@October 19, 2005, 4:32 PM
I'll PayPal you One Dollar if its not.
Your on... now is our local guy alive or dead?
Old 10/19/05, 03:41 PM

I guessing dead at this point.
Old 10/19/05, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Got a response. Says the same thing as xxkazp3rxx posted earlier.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in my car.The price is correct $6000.00.Introducing the 2001 Mustang Convertible have you been dreaming of owning a gorgeous SVT Cobra series but did not want to pay the new car.I'm the first owner and the car was always in garage kept .(see PICS) Paint is factory original. The 2001 SVT is like no other vehicle on the road. This is one of the most powerful vehicles in existence. The sleek lines of design truly show the race car like aerodynamics. This Cobra is just stunning to look at. The Sexy Blue exterior is the factory finish.Once opened you'll notice only the highest quality used to cover all surfaces. The soft supple black&blue leather seats are in NEW condition showing BARE minimal signs of wear if any!!When you sit, you'll make yourself comfortable with POWER seating. These seats are equipped with a messaging airbag lumbar support system that will be appreciated.Ahead is your race car like gauge cluster with a reliable on board self dia gnoses system alerting you of any maintenance needed. To your left are you power mirrors and ONE touch feature windows.Below this is your digital automatic climate control system. Just set the temperature to your desire and let the system do the rest. I assure you the A/c will freeze you in seconds. This system is equipped with dual climate controls to settle any temperature quarells. You'll appreciate that this vehicle was a NON SMOKER VEHICLE!! Make this Cobra the one to own! This SVT is blue with a Black&Blue interior and is waiting to take you anywhere in style.I will wait your email for further details.

Thank you so much!!

I would now have to say...Scam!! of some kind.
Old 10/19/05, 03:53 PM

$6000 seems like a reasonable price. However your description leads me to believe it may need headlight fluid and brake work. Because of this, would you be willing to accept $5,500 cash? Please send payment insructions and pickup details.
I sent the above, we'll see what happens.
Old 10/19/05, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Hahaha. That response seemed a little cut and paste the first time i read it. An exact copy proves it is. Any Florida cops on here? Or any Floridians know any cops?
Old 10/19/05, 04:04 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

@ Jeffery. Man I can't wait to see your reply.
Old 10/19/05, 04:09 PM
Fat

lol, i mentioned it to my dad today and he just laughed. I have a feeling it's a mistake or a scam, that's just rediculous.
Old 10/19/05, 04:11 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Josh is alive! But then again he didnt go
Old 10/19/05, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

The response he sent your friend sounds like a pre-written response to any email that he would recieve. If he's going to scam someone at least try to make it sound real. Geez

If he responds... "please don't wear a bullet proof vest, I'm allergic to kevlar..." run very fast!!!!
Old 10/19/05, 05:51 PM

No response yet. I'm waiting patiently, but bet I don't get one...
Old 10/19/05, 06:33 PM
GTR Member

haahah, that guy cracks me up
Old 10/19/05, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is great entertainment!!
Old 10/19/05, 07:14 PM
GTR Member

01 cobra, factory mystic....lmao
Old 10/19/05, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

wow i've created a monster... hahaha
Old 10/19/05, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's listed as Mystichrome, but when you e-mailed him he said "The Sexy Blue exterior."

It's a scam.

Also Mystichrome can give a 1 tone look, but that is on a flat surface only, with the bumper and hood curves it'll show the other colors within the spectrum.
Old 10/20/05, 01:31 PM
V6 Member

Got this from Autotrader.com today...not sure how but funny since we talking about this Mustang. It is long but scroll down to the area that I have made Bold.

Please review our Fraud Awareness Tips so you know the signs of fraud.

* Buyers, copy and paste the link below:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/shared/...rticle_id=12124

* Sellers, copy and paste the link below:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/shared/...rticle_id=12125

* Links to Fraud Awareness Tips are also available on the main Home Page and areas of the site where a seller's contact information is displayed. They are also attached to all the emails that are sent to Sellers directly from the site.

* Be particularly cautious if you receive email from us encouraging you to complete a sale. We never get involved in buyer-seller transactions and it is probably a spoof.

A Message on Deceptive Emails and Websites

Spoof emails are a growing trend on the Web. Protect yourself against fraud and know how to spot a spoof.

What are spoof emails?

Spoof emails are fake emails sent by spammers. These emails appear to be from a popular website or company and ask customers to disclose personal information - including the kind that can lead to identity theft. Senders of spoof emails often:

* Include a well-known company's logo and email greeting.

* Use a fake email address that includes the company's name.

* Provide links inside the email to a bogus website that appears to be legitimate.

* Request sensitive personal information, such as financial account information.

* Urge recipients to wire money or send payment.

Have AutoTrader.com customers received spoof emails?

Spoof emails are a common problem for online services. Unfortunately, our company is not immune from this type of fraud. Some of our customers have reported receiving spoof emails from senders posing as AutoTrader.com representatives. These spoof emails urge our sellers and buyers to:

* Complete the sale or purchase of a vehicle listed on our site.

* Wire money for some type of bogus deposit.

* Reveal financial account information to the sender.

* Pay money to claim a bogus sweepstakes prize.

How can I spot a spoof email?

Rule number one - use common sense. And keep in mind:

* If the email describes a deal that is too good to be true, it probably is.

* If an email that appears to come from AutoTrader.com solicits a payment or financial account information, it's a scam. We only ask for such info when you're placing an ad on our website.

* If an email refers to some program or service that is not clearly described on our website, it's probably a spoof.

You'll be more likely to spot a spoof email if you know what we do and don't do on our website:

We don't get involved in transactions between buyers and sellers. We'll never send you email urging you to complete the sale or purchase of a vehicle listed on our site. We won't ask you for a deposit or for information about how you intend to pay for a vehicle.

We don't verify information about buyers or sellers. We won't send email assuring you that a transaction is secure or that we've verified information about a particular buyer, seller or listing. Watch out for spoof emails that describe so-called `preferred' or `pre-approved' buyer or seller programs. We don't offer such programs.

We don't offer escrow services. We're not affiliated with nor do we endorse any escrow services. Avoid any escrow website that states or implies that it's affiliated with us.

We don't warehouse or ship vehicles for sellers. We'll never ask you for a deposit or payment for the purchase or shipment of a vehicle supposedly stored in an AutoTrader.com warehouse - it doesn't exist!

We don't require payment to enter a sweepstakes or claim a prize. From time to time, we may offer promotional contests. But we'll never require you to pay any money or reveal financial account information to enter a contest or receive a prize.

What should I do if I receive a suspicious email?

If you receive a suspicious email that appears to come from AutoTrader.com:

* Don't just delete it! Report it to us first.

* Forward any suspicious email message you receive to customersupport@autotrader.com.

* Don't change the subject line or send it as an attachment - doing so could hamper our investigation.

If you've been targeted by a spoof email or other form of online fraud, you can also bring it to the attention of federal and state law enforcement agencies by filing a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center - http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

How can I learn more about Internet fraud?

We've included some additional resources below:

Federal Trade Commission (FTC):

Types of Fraud - http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online...crow%20Services

Press Release - FTC Warns Consumers about `Check Overpayment' Scams - http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/12/checkoverpayment.htm

Consumer Alert - Check Overpayment Scams: Seller Beware - http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...verpayalrt.htm

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC):

Special Report on Fraud - http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/new...pr03/index.html

Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC):

Internet Fraud Preventive Measures - http://www.ifccfbi.gov/strategy/fraudtips.asp
Old 10/20/05, 01:46 PM

Just about to post. I got the EXACT same email from Autotrader. They must have been alerted somehow.
Old 10/20/05, 01:48 PM

I'm patiently waiting for your response. Will you except $5500? I'm a serious buyer for this beautiful car, and just need to know payment and pickup details. Can you ship the car for an extra fee?
Now, I sent this. Bet I STILL don't get a response.

Quick Reply: a lil fishy to you guys?