1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

How to Fix Fuel Hose Behind Fuel Rails

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/13, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Fix Fuel Hose Behind Fuel Rails

So upon driving my car the other day, I noticed a gasoline smell coming through my A/C. Upon inspection, I found that a hose that connects the fuel rails from the back had melted on a coil wrapped around my EGR valve. I believe this is called a fuel delivery hose? My question is, can I just purchase a new hose instead of a whole new fuel rail system? I've tried looking around and calling a few places but all say that the entire kit needs to be replaced. Any help is appreciated.
Old 4/12/13, 11:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoopcrazytr
So upon driving my car the other day, I noticed a gasoline smell coming through my A/C. Upon inspection, I found that a hose that connects the fuel rails from the back had melted on a coil wrapped around my EGR valve. I believe this is called a fuel delivery hose? My question is, can I just purchase a new hose instead of a whole new fuel rail system? I've tried looking around and calling a few places but all say that the entire kit needs to be replaced. Any help is appreciated.
A rubber fuel hose the size you need should work FOR NOW. I'm a fox guy, but I'm going off of past experience.