1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

The Miracle of DIY

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/12, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Miracle of DIY

Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!
Old 9/16/12, 10:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 9/16/12, 11:35 PM

Slowly, but surely I am trying to get it together...
Old 9/17/12, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by devanslive
Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!
Devanslive,

Great job! Props to you for going at the job head on with just a DIY. I've always attempted to do every job myself before I ask for assistance or you'll never learn. Now 8 years after I turned my first bolt there's still more to learn!

Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need some assistance or have any questions.

-Dan
Old 9/26/12, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Devanslive,

Great job! Props to you for going at the job head on with just a DIY. I've always attempted to do every job myself before I ask for assistance or you'll never learn. Now 8 years after I turned my first bolt there's still more to learn!

Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need some assistance or have any questions.

-Dan
haha, been over 40 yrs for me, and every job is a new one it seems. ive been a DIY`r my entire life, now 55. one heck of a tool set and many a busted knuckle, wouldnt have it any other way

nice work on the door, you just saved a bunch of $$$on labor (thats how to get some tool money, little at a time)

Last edited by amustangrocks; 9/26/12 at 04:27 PM.
Old 9/26/12, 05:17 PM

I have not gotten a busted knuckle yet, but I did get a nice size wrist cut from the track on the window regulator... :-)
Old 9/26/12, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by devanslive
I have not gotten a busted knuckle yet, but I did get a nice size wrist cut from the track on the window regulator... :-)
you`ll want to learn to be safe and take extra care. cuts and nicks happen so easy. your on the right track, now just be careful.