The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1994-2004 V-6 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f635/)
-   -   The Miracle of DIY (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f635/miracle-diy-513701/)

devanslive 9/16/12 05:05 PM

The Miracle of DIY

Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!

1999Pony 9/16/12 10:34 PM

:nice:

devanslive 9/16/12 11:35 PM

Slowly, but surely I am trying to get it together...

AMDanBailer 9/17/12 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by devanslive (Post 6441832)
Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!

Devanslive,

Great job! Props to you for going at the job head on with just a DIY. I've always attempted to do every job myself before I ask for assistance or you'll never learn. Now 8 years after I turned my first bolt there's still more to learn!

Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need some assistance or have any questions.

-Dan

amustangrocks 9/26/12 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer (Post 6442395)
Devanslive,

Great job! Props to you for going at the job head on with just a DIY. I've always attempted to do every job myself before I ask for assistance or you'll never learn. Now 8 years after I turned my first bolt there's still more to learn!

Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need some assistance or have any questions.

-Dan

haha, been over 40 yrs for me, and every job is a new one it seems. ive been a DIY`r my entire life, now 55. one heck of a tool set and many a busted knuckle, wouldnt have it any other way :D

nice work on the door, you just saved a bunch of $$$on labor :) (thats how to get some tool money, little at a time)

devanslive 9/26/12 05:17 PM

I have not gotten a busted knuckle yet, but I did get a nice size wrist cut from the track on the window regulator... :-)

amustangrocks 9/26/12 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by devanslive (Post 6449914)
I have not gotten a busted knuckle yet, but I did get a nice size wrist cut from the track on the window regulator... :-)

you`ll want to learn to be safe and take extra care. cuts and nicks happen so easy. your on the right track, now just be careful. :D