1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

Help with new exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/13, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with new exhaust.

So im looking to upgrade my exhaust and need some help finding the best setup. My current set up is stock manifolds, Custom H-pipe, and dual magnaflow mufflers. I love this set up it sounds great but im ready to upgrade. For a fact im getting MAC longtubes, but for the shorty O/R H-pipe i'm tore between the BBK and the MAC Prochamber. What would be the better one to get?

Secondly there is the mufflers, I love my magnaflows there deep and quiet at idle, but sound mean and aggressive through the RPM band. What i dont know is if that will carry over to the new setup or will I need to switch to flowmaster super 40's? Ive sen lost of videos with the longtubes, h-pipe and, flowmaster 40's and it sounds amazing, but the only video i found with magnaflows were with the magnapacks which i dont have. (I have their chambered mufflers)

So if you have any suggestions or answers they would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10/16/13, 09:57 PM

I have stock manifolds running to two cat,, then straight pipe back to super 40 flowmasters and it sounds like a rice rocket over 3500 rpm,, but I also have 2 1/4 pipes,, I also want to change mine,, but looking for a deep throaty sound.
Old 10/16/13, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by JFlakes
I have stock manifolds running to two cat,, then straight pipe back to super 40 flowmasters and it sounds like a rice rocket over 3500 rpm,, but I also have 2 1/4 pipes,, I also want to change mine,, but looking for a deep throaty sound.
This is what im thinking
but i would have to get rid of my magnaflows and i kinda dont want to :/
Old 10/17/13, 12:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have mac LTs into bbk o/r h pipe I to slp lm1s on my 3.8. Super loud. LTs are so worth it. Never thought or heard of prochamber on v6 might sound good. If you like your mufflers I would get the LTs and get your midpipe whichever you choose and keep your current mufflers. If you don't like those mufflers with that setup then I would change them but not before. Also I'm not a fan of flowmasters but that's just me. LTs and midpipe will change the sound themselves. My h sounds good. Would be interesting to hear a prochamber on a 3.8. I'm planning on going mac prochamber in mac catback on my mach 1 next year because I love the sound of that prochamber
Old 10/17/13, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
I have mac LTs into bbk o/r h pipe I to slp lm1s on my 3.8. Super loud. LTs are so worth it. Never thought or heard of prochamber on v6 might sound good. If you like your mufflers I would get the LTs and get your midpipe whichever you choose and keep your current mufflers. If you don't like those mufflers with that setup then I would change them but not before. Also I'm not a fan of flowmasters but that's just me. LTs and midpipe will change the sound themselves. My h sounds good. Would be interesting to hear a prochamber on a 3.8. I'm planning on going mac prochamber in mac catback on my mach 1 next year because I love the sound of that prochamber
Thanks for the help. I wasnt a fan of the flowmasters as well on the V6. To me they got to ricey in the higher rpm's which is why i got my magnaflows, they have that deep rumble i was looking for and i get compliments on them all the time. Im thinking of gtting the BBK Shorty H-pipe cause its about $100 cheeper than the prochamber.
Old 10/17/13, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by THEmightyBULL

Thanks for the help. I wasnt a fan of the flowmasters as well on the V6. To me they got to ricey in the higher rpm's which is why i got my magnaflows, they have that deep rumble i was looking for and i get compliments on them all the time. Im thinking of gtting the BBK Shorty H-pipe cause its about $100 cheeper than the prochamber.
Yeah I'd go with the h it sounds good. I love mine at cold idles and lower rpms it sounds amazing. Once you get those slps up there they get raspy but I still enjoy it. Its been like 3 or 4 years with my exhaust. I sometimes wish mine at tad quiter at times but oh well still puts a smile on my face