1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/13, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Advice

I am currently upgrading my exhaust. At present I have a wannabe dual exhaust. I was directed this way for "backflow" purposes.

Details:

I have a borla dual side exit from the cats back. I am wanting to rid myself of the restrictive pre cat/cat configuration and the ugly "Y" assembly behind the cats. I have recently purchased two magnaflow performance cats and intend to cut out the stock cat system. I also want to install the an xpipe while I'm doing this.

While searching for fabricated xpipes, I learned (from Magnaflow) that there is an animal called the "crossover". Looks like an xpipe to me.

So which should I install? Keep in mind that in the near future I also plan to upgrade the engine to a 4.3 stroker engine with a procharger. Total HP is probably going to be around the 450-500 mark when finished.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Wes
Old 11/18/13, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just get a GT x or h pipe. Do you have emissions testing? If not go o/r h or x pipe and/or long tube headers. Can't remember if the y is part of the midpipe its been a few years since I switched mine out. I did mac long tubes into o/r bbk h pipe into slps. Mine is super loud so if you don't want it super loud I would find a chambered muffler setup or hi flow catted mid pipe to quiet it down a touch.