Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

What do you guys think of this 89 Notch?

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/07, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think of this 89 Notch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 7/13/07, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Its a nice car, but not my kind of thing.
Old 7/13/07, 08:00 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I dig it! The seller is on stangbangerz.com in Cincinnati (Harrison). (EDIT: You already know that! )
Old 7/13/07, 08:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cost is high to me andprobably been run hard..not that any mustang hasnt. i would never buy a modded car. But it looks like a cool car, i'd put bullitts on it haha...i like bullitts on everything
Old 7/14/07, 11:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking car and appears to be pretty clean. Lots of nice goodies and you couldn't build one that cheap. The foxes are starting to climb in value and the Coupes are highly prized for strip cars due to lighter weight and rigidity. If you are looking for a nicely set up drag car, I would seriously consider it. I have been looking at Fox Coupes for a project car for me and my son to build.
Old 7/16/07, 10:07 AM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
Here are some things that popped into my head while reading the auction....

-4 wheel disc brakes off 93 cobra converted to 5 lug spindals in all

This doesn't make much sense....Cobra brakes are 4 lug turbo coupe brakes so converted to 5 lug means it has Mark VII/SVO rear brakes...as far as converting to "5 lug spindles"...no such thing unless he swapped to SN95 brakes which I don't see...so it has Mark VII/SVO front rotors on it as well. I guess for "marketing" purposes the Cobra stuff sounded better but it's not accurate.

-moser spool
-4.30 gear

This is NOT a street car!!! Not with a spool in it....so keep that in mind.

-eibach front drag springs

-moser rear drag springs

-fuel cell

Again...NOT a street car...."Can" be driven on the street but this is a pure drag setup on this car so be aware what you are getting into.

-sperical bushings

Same thing again....not something for the street that you can expect to last many miles.

-new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing 0 miles as of 6-28-07

Certainely you wouldn't have put a new engine in with an old clutch...so with 2400 miles on it WHY is the clutch wasted already? Unless A) they did put the engine in with an old clutch or B) they drove the crap out of it at the track.....just a red flag there for me.

Car has 14 passes on it since new motor, trans, rear end.

So...if the car has 14 passes on it since the new motor and trans and 2400 street miles....WHY was the clutch wasted needing replacement?!?

I have nothing to hide & will openly point out that the only remotely weak link in this whole car to be honest up front is the stock fresh T5 & cheaper Zoom clutch. Street driven would never cause a problem...Launching at track with sticky tires...the clutch will not last. The clutch did start to slip on the 14th pass. I just installed a new identical Zoom clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing & pilot bearing last week 7-4-07. The car will not be back to the track until I put the tremec & clutch in it I want if I do not sell the car.

This starts to offer an explanation on the clutch but sticky tires doesn't always kill a clutch so maybe the driver is the reason for this....unless he put in a junk clutch to begin with.

All in all though it looks like a nice car and for what is done the money isn't bad considering it appears to be a straight clean coupe. I do wonder why he changed the seats as those look cheaper than the originals that were in it and with that mileage the originals should have still looked nice.

If you want a toy and understand this is not a daily driver street car then proceed but don't buy this car thinking you are going to drive it to and from work everyday.
Old 7/16/07, 11:20 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I think he probably went with teh cloth seats to save some weight.. probbaly not much though

I echo what paul said. Good looking car, but definitely not setup to be a street car. Those wheels are bogarts and not for street use at all. You'd want a set of 17's or something if you were gonna drive and the spool is gonna chew up rear tires on every turn.
Old 7/16/07, 01:28 PM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
I think he probably went with teh cloth seats to save some weight.. probbaly not much though
That car came with cloth seats that were low back and probably lighter than what he put in it....
Old 7/16/07, 03:28 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Ok then, no clue here.
Old 7/16/07, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I am looking for something that I can drive on the street just as well as on the track. It is a very clean car though. Someone wont be let down whoever buys it.
Old 7/17/07, 03:58 PM

yeah i think its a good deal! i likie