Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

First on my to-do list: Floor Pan Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/15, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First on my to-do list: Floor Pan Replacement

Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to undergo a floor pan replacement as my first project on my 1990 GT hatch. I'll be replacing the drivers side. I just ordered the pan and cross brace (The previous owner hacked and whacked it to fix the seat mounting) from American Muscle. I would love some advice/tips on the job from someone who has done it or knows the procedure. Thanks all!
-Alex
Old 1/5/15, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by badnap
Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to undergo a floor pan replacement as my first project on my 1990 GT hatch. I'll be replacing the drivers side. I just ordered the pan and cross brace (The previous owner hacked and whacked it to fix the seat mounting) from American Muscle. I would love some advice/tips on the job from someone who has done it or knows the procedure. Thanks all!
-Alex

Hey Alex - Welcome to TMS - It's looking like I don't have an Installation Guide here unfortunately but here's a bump to see if we can get you some help! We have a slew of Customer Service Representatives that have overhauled their Fox's so if you have any questions shoot us a call at 1-866-727-1266 to talk with one of them and they're happy to get you some help!

Alex
Old 1/5/15, 06:04 PM

I appreciate this very much! I certainly will!!
Old 1/5/15, 06:06 PM

I will more than likely take pictures of the project and document what I am doing. I will probably end of making a detailed "how to" afterwords provided the results are something I'm proud of I've looked for a while online for a step by step but nobody has one. So I figure I'll make one. Its way to common of a problem on these for there to be so little information and support on. Thanks again!
-Alex
Old 1/6/15, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

I appreciate this very much! I certainly will!!
I will more than likely take pictures of the project and document what I am doing. I will probably end of making a detailed "how to" afterwords provided the results are something I'm proud of I've looked for a while online for a step by step but nobody has one. So I figure I'll make one. Its way to common of a problem on these for there to be so little information and support on. Thanks again!
-Alex
Hey Anytime! I'm not sure exactly which kit you purchased but check out the product page under the installation section where you'll see a section where you can submit an installation guide! If it's used you're eligible to receive a boat load off your next order!

Alex
Old 1/6/15, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey Anytime! I'm not sure exactly which kit you purchased but check out the product page under the installation section where you'll see a section where you can submit an installation guide! If it's used you're eligible to receive a boat load off your next order!

Alex
Good to know! Thanks much!
Old 1/7/15, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Good to know! Thanks much!

Anytime! Let me know if there's ever anything else we can help out with we're a call or a click away!

Alex