Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Explorer intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use to own a 90 LX 5.0 but now I own a 1969 fastback mustang and I am from Montgomery but I was wondering if anyone is selling a Explorer intake manifold?
I am wanting to go EFI with my 351 Windsor.
Old 5/16/05, 09:20 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i may be mistaken, but wouldnt an EFI manifold from a 5.0 fit the Windsor?

i've been told that the two motors have the same architecture, the only difference being deck height...
Old 5/16/05, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@May 16, 2005, 9:23 PM
i may be mistaken, but wouldnt an EFI manifold from a 5.0 fit the Windsor?

i've been told that the two motors have the same architecture, the only difference being deck height...
Yes the Upper Manifold will fit on a 351 Lower manifold, do you know any decent salvage yard that might have newer wrecked vehicles in Birmingham?
Old 5/16/05, 10:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry i wish i could help you there, but i dont really know my way around Birmingham

there are planty of hics from alabama on the site who would love to hlep you though

dont kill me guys :hiding:
Old 5/16/05, 11:01 PM
GT Member

Scott would know! He'll guide you in the right direction his user name is Scothew PM him he'd know
Old 5/17/05, 08:54 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally posted by future9er24@May 16, 2005, 10:36 PM
sorry i wish i could help you there, but i dont really know my way around Birmingham

there are planty of hics from alabama on the site who would love to hlep you though

dont kill me guys :hiding:
Yup, we're all a bunch of hicks and rednecks married to our sisters....we are backwoods and dirt poor...you don't ever want to come here...it is as bad as you have ever heard...only worse.

Keep that going around....it keeps all the yankees and left coasters from visiting and moving to our state.....

The explorer intake is a bolt-on....try local salvage yards(I know Dafron in Pell City had at least one or two) or try Ebay....there are always take offs or used ones online.
Old 5/17/05, 02:36 PM
GTR Member

yes, i would recommend
www.ebaymotors.com as paul said
Old 5/28/05, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by svopaul@May 17, 2005, 8:57 AM
Yup, we're all a bunch of hicks and rednecks married to our sisters....we are backwoods and dirt poor...you don't ever want to come here...it is as bad as you have ever heard...only worse.

Keep that going around....it keeps all the yankees and left coasters from visiting and moving to our state.....
The explorer intake is a bolt-on....try local salvage yards(I know Dafron in Pell City had at least one or two) or try Ebay....there are always take offs or used ones online.
Paul, whats wrong with us darn yankees? We arent going back to the civil war times, are we? :scratch: Cant us Americans just all get along?? :usa:
Old 5/28/05, 10:08 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by winkcm95@May 28, 2005, 9:55 AM
Paul, whats wrong with us darn yankees? We arent going back to the civil war times, are we? :scratch: Cant us Americans just all get along?? :usa:
It has nothing to do with Civil War times....it's the attitude in different areas of the country. I lived in Maryland and although "technically" the south because it was below the Mason Dixon Line but even I am still called a "yankee" from time to time...that is usually said in jest.

There are lots of good people everywhere.....However I moved south because of the great influx of people from New York and New Jersey who were moving south to Maryland....this ruined that state for me....people wave with the middle finger, Real Estate went through the roof...nobody says "Hello"...."Thankyou"...."How are you today" or even so much as holds a door open for others....That is now the Northeast attitude and it has gone nowhere but downhill.

Now I live in a place where people you don't even know say hello and hold doors open for you. The hospitality can't be described. The general image people have of the South is what I stated above....people often ask me why I moved to Alabama....I ask them "Where's the last place you think you would move to?"...they pause usually and say I guess Alabama....I said..."right, that's why I moved here...everyone won't follow!"

Simply put, I want to live in a place where people are friendly and genuine and the Northeast attitude is not what I like. I still have friends and family up there but one of my friends has recently bought land in Tennessee and will soon be moving away from the same area that I moved from. People called me crazy 3 years ago....now suddenly I am the smartest guy around because I saw the writing on the wall.

Granted Buffalo and upstate New York is very nice and the attitude doesn't seem the same there but as the northeast grows they have to expand....and the attitude expands as well.
Old 5/28/05, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by svopaul@May 28, 2005, 10:11 AM
It has nothing to do with Civil War times....it's the attitude in different areas of the country. I lived in Maryland and although "technically" the south because it was below the Mason Dixon Line but even I am still called a "yankee" from time to time...that is usually said in jest.

There are lots of good people everywhere.....However I moved south because of the great influx of people from New York and New Jersey who were moving south to Maryland....this ruined that state for me....people wave with the middle finger, Real Estate went through the roof...nobody says "Hello"...."Thankyou"...."How are you today" or even so much as holds a door open for others....That is now the Northeast attitude and it has gone nowhere but downhill.

Now I live in a place where people you don't even know say hello and hold doors open for you. The hospitality can't be described. The general image people have of the South is what I stated above....people often ask me why I moved to Alabama....I ask them "Where's the last place you think you would move to?"...they pause usually and say I guess Alabama....I said..."right, that's why I moved here...everyone won't follow!"

Simply put, I want to live in a place where people are friendly and genuine and the Northeast attitude is not what I like. I still have friends and family up there but one of my friends has recently bought land in Tennessee and will soon be moving away from the same area that I moved from. People called me crazy 3 years ago....now suddenly I am the smartest guy around because I saw the writing on the wall.

Granted Buffalo and upstate New York is very nice and the attitude doesn't seem the same there but as the northeast grows they have to expand....and the attitude expands as well.
Nothing better than Southern hospitality, huh? Its not so bad here in Buffalo, but those 'people' you describe do exist here too. Yet, the majority of people here are very very friendly. I understand what you are saying though. After many trips down south, there tends to be a friendlier attitude there. Im sure living there, you see it much more than a visitor!
Old 5/28/05, 11:51 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by winkcm95@May 28, 2005, 11:19 AM
Nothing better than Southern hospitality, huh? Its not so bad here in Buffalo, but those 'people' you describe do exist here too. Yet, the majority of people here are very very friendly. I understand what you are saying though. After many trips down south, there tends to be a friendlier attitude there. Im sure living there, you see it much more than a visitor!

I've known a few people from Buffalo and they have been very nice....the closer you get to NYC, the worse it gets.....New Jersey seems to have an attitude of it's own as well. Don't get me wrong...I have friends in NY and NJ who are great...but its the majority that ruins it for the few good people there.

Another funny thing is talking to people from all over the country(which I do regularly)...people in the Northeast are high strung and talk fast while they are more laid back as you head south. Florida is just New York extended....I have a lot of customers in Florida and every single one of them is originally from New York, New Jersey or Chicago!

I saw the hospitality first as a visitor...which is just one of the reasons I chose to move here....the other was cost of living, taxes, weather, etc, etc....

Mid Atlantic D.C. area humidity is second only to Houston, TX and is BAD...people say it is humid here and complain about it....it is humid but nowhere NEAR as bad as what I was used to in the Chesapeake Bay area!!!
Old 5/28/05, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by svopaul@May 28, 2005, 10:11 AM

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!haha, aint this off topic mr moderator?? J/K yeah, thats the biggest thing i like about the south. SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY! though my visit to NYC for xmas was nice. but for the most part people are more polite down here. here someone bumps into you and they say excuse me. up there they say watch where the F you are going
Old 5/29/05, 01:41 PM
Service Manager

Yes, this did go a little off topic....OK once in a while as long as it doesn't get too far.

But regarding the intake topic....it seems that used Explorer Intakes go for around $250.....with the reintroduction of the Cobra intake through FRPP at under $400 it's almost worth just buying a new Cobra intake rather than search for a used Explorer...clean it up and buy gaskets.